Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 10-March-2015, 15:11

Default I came across this and thought of The Scream!

I came across this and thought of The Scream!
"A group of pensioners were sitting around talking about all their ailments in a local coffee bar. “My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee”. said one. “I know, my cataracts are so bad I can’t even see my coffee”. said another. “I couldn’t even mark an X at election time because my hands are so crippled”. said a third. “What? Speak up - I can’t hear you”. said one elderly lady. “I can’t turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck”. “My blood pressure pills make me dizzy”. “I forget where I am and where I’m going” said others. “I guess that’s the price for getting old”. The others agreed. “Well you can count your blessings”. said a women cheerfully. “Thank goodness we can all still drive”…………………….."
Old 10-March-2015, 17:20
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Re: I came across this and thought of The Scream!

Small world - talking in the changing room this morning and I asked who you would prefer to take your chances with for an emergency in a built up area:-
a) a young, healthy person doing 40 mph or
b) an elderly person with slow reactions and painful joints
The view was expressed that many people, who would prefer not to drive, are forced to drive in rural areas because of lack of public transport
Old 05-April-2015, 11:34
Foxy Lady

Post Re: I came across this and thought of The Scream!

The view was expressed that many people, who would prefer not to drive, are forced to drive in rural areas because of lack of public transport
Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
It's like that where we live... only one bus near us (a couple of streets away up a hill) and all buses stop at 7pm in the evening, so if you want to get back home after then you either have to drive or pay out for a taxi... which these days isn't cheap! I have my bus pass but rarely use it as it's far more convenient to use the car, saves me standing in the cold weather at bus stops with no shelter and gets me there and back in quicker time, when I want it. Public transport is a joke around here these days!

Tags
bad, car, home, live, make, public, slow