Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 05-August-2008, 20:42
elmarie

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Thanks for the contacts. I tried to cancel my account with Tiscali in November 07 and they are still charging me and refuse to repay the money owed to me. Trying to get hold of a customer service representative that makes sense is impossible. I had it.
Old 05-August-2008, 23:01
AVIE

I have just finished typing out a problem 'resume', which is five pages long, which I will attach to an email to BBC Watchdog and also Which? magazine. I will certainly be spreading the word about this company as far and wide as I can. I will keep you updated of any future contact.

I will also put this website URL in the email, so Watchdog can see it for themselves.
Old 12-August-2008, 16:46
AVIE

Someone suggested that I write again to Tiscali, asking them to send a deadlock letter which will enable you to contact CISAS.

RESULT!!! I had a phone call from Tiscrapi today, this girl said she was calling regarding my letter to them, and I asked her which ONE, as they'd ignored five of them. It was the latest one, the one asking for a deadlock letter, which she says will be sent out to me, and I asked her if she would please have a word with their billing dept. and call the dogs off, since they are still sending me final demands for payment, even though I cancelled them last month, and although the contract was for 12 months, (6 months into the contract I received the bill from BT as they hadn't taken over my calls from them as per contract) they did not honour their side of the contract, so it is them who owe ME big style, not me owing them.

She was ever so nice and said she would do that for me. AAAHHHH, maybe this might just be the beginning of the end of a correspondence relationship with this incompetent ISP??? BUT I won't hold my breath, it will be no big surprise to get further demands from them, which will be sent to Trading Standards and CISAS.

I am not one for backing down under pressure, and I know someone else who, after 6 months of correspondence received full compensation he was claiming, without going to court. Also, she called me just before I called the High Level complaints officer, which saved me a phone call, though I am now with another ISP and getting free calls now, which is what I should have had from Tiscrapi.
Old 13-August-2008, 15:21
teknoteacher

Hi there

I don't know if I am allowed to do this but I am going to post my conversation with tiscali in here. It is a similar issue to the above but my beef is with the call charges! Ignore their emails where it says 5p/10p per minute because I don't use my landline.

Hi

I understand that you have said that “I am responsible for call charges” but £6 a call for something that is not my fault is completely unfair. I work for a company that has call centres and we are in the process of getting rid of hi charging phone numbers because OfCom are about to rule that it is unfair to profit from innocent complainants. The fact that I wrote to you twice with no response left me no choice but to call because you were threatening to hand my details to a debt collection agency. Even when I did call I had to call you back and incur further charges because you hadn’t done what you had promised in the earlier call.

I appeal to the sense within you to understand that these charges are unfair because TISCALI has made me pay for THEIR mistake. I wouldn’t have worried if the costs were of a local call but it wasn’t, I was left on hold for ages at 50p + per minute!

The costs are unfair and unreasonable.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Tiscali Customer Care [mailto:complaints@uk.tiscali.com]
Sent: 13 August 2008 13:49
To:
Subject: Complaint [Incident: 080810-000871]

Subject

Complaint

Discussion Thread

Response (Greg Shiel)
13/08/2008 01.49 PM

Dear Mr

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused as a result of Tiscali not being able to refund the costs of calls incurred to us.

This can be confirmed by our Terms and Conditions;

"5.1 You are responsible for all call charges that you incur whilst making calls to Customer Services"

If you have any further queries, you can find all of Tiscali's contact details on the following link:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/aboutus/contact/

Kind regards

Greg Shiel
Tiscali Customer Relations

Our Customer Services Department is available on 0871 222 3311. Calls cost 5p/minute from a Tiscali line and 10p /minute from any other line. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Lines are open 8am-9pm 7 days a week.

Customer ()
13/08/2008 12.01 PM

Hi

Thanks for your response. This chain will be forwarded to OfCom!

Regards

From: Tiscali Customer Care [mailto:complaints@uk.tiscali.com]
Sent: 13 August 2008 11:54
To:

(http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com/cgi-b...ted=1218377424)

Subject
Complaint

Discussion Thread
Response (Angela Walmsley) 13/08/2008 11.53 AM
Dear Mr ,

Firstly, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

I can understand your frustration regarding this issue but Tiscali do not refund for phone calls into our Help Desks.

Again, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Angela Walmsley

Our Customer Services Department is available on 0871 222 3311. Calls cost 5p/minute from a Tiscali
line and 10p /minute from any other line. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.
Lines are open 8am-9pm 7 days a week.
Customer 13/08/2008 11.16 AM
Hi

Thanks for your email.

I am sure you are very sorry but can you please explain why I have had to pay £5.59 twice to call you and tell you that you made a mistake. Is that fair and worth you omitting it from your response? I am out of pocket because you made a number of errors in succession. Is it fair that you have profited from me from your own shortcomings?

Kind regards

From: Tiscali Customer Care [mailto:complaints@uk.tiscali.com (mailto:complaints@uk.tiscali.com) ]
Sent: 12 August 2008 14:29
To:

(http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com/cgi-b...ted=1218377424) (http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com/cgi-b...ed=1218377424))

Subject
Complaint

Discussion Thread
Response (Sam Warriner) 12/08/2008 02.28 PM
Dear Mr

Firstly, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Please accept our sincere apologies that we were unable to resolve this matter in the manner you requested.

Tiscali endeavors to provide our customers with an efficient and professional service and to resolve those issues brought to our attention in a timely manner.

When a customer feels we have fallen below this standard and received poor customer service, this is a situation that we regret and we endeavor to take on board all comments made with a view to improving our services.

In this case our current procedures have failed to deliver the service you required. Please accept our apologies for this and be assured that we are constantly adapting our methods in an effort to remedy any failures which become apparent.

I can confirm that all balances have now ben cleared on your account, please accept my apologies that this was not resolved sooner.

Again, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Samantha Warriner

Our Customer Services Department is available on 0871 222 3311. Calls cost 5p/minute from a Tiscali line and 10p /minute from any other line. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Lines are open 8am-9pm 7 days a week.

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.
Customer ) 10/08/2008 03.10 PM
Hi

I sent this complaint in via email 12 days ago and did not receive a
response. I then had to pay to call you again and was told to ignore my
latest correspondence whereby you threatened me if I didn't pay the
outstanding premium (which is the problem). They apologised for not
resolving the matter the first time I called and said that it would now be
resolved. Because you could potentially damage my otherwise perfect credit
rating I requested confirmation in writing that I was not liable for any
further funds and that my account had been closed. They said they would
"request this from our back office". This has not happened and I have not
been in receipt of any letter.

All I wanted to do was migrate away from you to O2 and you have made it the
most horrendous experience possible. I am completely innocent and have
fulfilled my legal responsibilities and you have not done anything other
than charge me money to complain.

This is your final chance for a response before I take this further. My
first correspondence should have been passed to your complaints department
and escalated and this hasn't happened so you are currently looking
extremely bad by anyone's standards.

I look forward to your urgent response and compensation otherwise I will be
complaining direct to ofcom and will be dragging you through small claims.

My Tiscali number is , @tiscali.co.uk (mailto:@tiscali.co.uk) (mailto:@tiscali.co.uk (mailto:@tiscali.co.uk) )

Regards

29/07/2008

URGENT COMPLAINT!!!!

I requested my MAC code in April of this year and very shortly used it for a
transfer to O2 Broadband. I ensured you still received payment for the month
of May as I transferred at the beginning of May. I then cancelled my Direct
Debit with you because I knew that you wouldn't due to your shambolic
service to my friend. I then received chaser reminders telling me that I
owed you £17.99 which was untrue. I then called you and you confirmed that
O2 hadn't advised you of my departure yet you could see when I transferred
due to my usage. You then agreed to refund me the £15.66 outstanding on my
account because I had not used your service and confirmed this in writing.

I have today just received another chaser threatening to pass my details
onto a debt collection agency if I do not pay up. Firstly, if you do this I
will take you to court for affecting my credit rating and will make sure I
get as much as I can out of you. Secondly I will complain to OfCom for the
frankly terrible service I have received in trying to leave you.

Not only have you caused me a huge amount of distress you have encouraged me
to call you which has resulted in my phone company charging me £5.59 just to
tell you that you screwed up, wasting 20 minutes of my life. This is
completely unfair and I know that OfCom is looking at ensuring all complaint
calls are via a freephone number in future because it is unfair to charge
someone to settle an issue which is not their fault. Therefore not only do I
expect an apology for this but I also expect the debt to be cleared and
cheque for the £5.59 which I am now out of pocket.

Please respond to my O2 email address as funnily enough I don't have a
tiscali one anymore!

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 48 hours.

Regards
Old 13-August-2008, 21:33

tiscali have (and probably continue?) to refund help line call charges,. at least that is what quite a lot of people have posted on this forum..
Old 14-August-2008, 04:33
Screamager

they do pay up,but i stress only when enough pressure to is applied,cisas will do this on your behalve but you have to inform them of you wish to seek compensation at the time of your application,once they on tiscrapi's case they will agree to your demands,within reason of course,failing that sue em in the county court
Old 14-August-2008, 14:41
ayesha

Unhappy Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Hi everyone-

Right now I am on the verge of getting an address for Tiscali....and going to pay them a visit. It wont be a nice one either.

I took out a Tiscali package about 2 months ago but cancelled it within the 14 day period, they have just debited my account (which I now have cancelled). I called the same day only to hear them tell me that my account is still active and they are charging me until next year May ( If they can get the money ) I have called them non stop only to de redirected to wrong departments, I was literally cussing them down on the phone..GOOD-I'LL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN......

So basically they charged me for a service which I have not got and TRUST ME I will never recommend anyone to Tiscali.

They are not refunding me my money back...so wat should I do?
Old 14-August-2008, 15:13
Screamager

nothing new there then, stealing your cash via dd not fully closing your account,just out of interest how did you go about canceling the account,phone call, E -mail, post letter? as with this company the best way is via a recorded letter in the post and keep a copy for your reference,as using any other way they will try and say that you never canceled it,
Old 14-August-2008, 15:19
ayesha

Unhappy Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Over the phone.....If i saw this website earlier i would have sent them a letter on recorded delivery. I just recieved an email frm them today stating that there is no request for cancellation on my account and they're gona investigate into the sittuation.....and to wait 28 days.

I sent her back an email saying that I have cancelled my direct debit anyway so you cant take no more money from me... and why should it take 28 days to sort this out...the fault is obviously on your side and not mine. I have also reported this on Ofcom and watchdog...Today
Old 14-August-2008, 21:35
AVIE

If you cancel the direct debit to them, there's no chance of them getting anything from your bank account, which is what I did after 2 months of having my letters of complaint (5 of them) ignored. As soon as I cancelled the DD, I got a reply, syaing they wanted their money, and until they get it my internet access was disconnected.

The Trading Standards officer who took the case on for me called yesterday, andf said she had tried and tried to call them, but was kept on hold for far too long, given the cost of the calls, and when I told her I had been contacted and promised the deadlock letter, she told me that this is the best way for me to go, so I now have to do an itemised breakdown of the money I believe they owe me, and the fact they haven't tried to dissuade me from using a deadlock letter is a confession of their guilt in not supplying goods as per contract.

I am contemplating going to the national press with this, it is downright criminal what these ****s are doing to us. If anyone in civvy street had conned me out of £200, I'd have had the police in on it, unfortunately, I don't think the police would take on such a case, more's the pity, but I guess they'd have no time for anything else if they had dissatisfied Tiscali customers going to them everytime they mess up.
Old 15-August-2008, 03:36
Screamager

i would contact CISAS see if there is any thing they can do to help you get the result you want, from my personal experience it worked for me,they normally cannot assist until 12 weeks have elapsed since your first official complaint same as ofcom,crappy rules, but as why should any isp get 3months to rectify a problem and be taking your money as well
Old 18-August-2008, 16:49
RosePearl

Hi all,
i will add my woes to the list of all others before.

31st January 2008 -we lost our internet connection - Tiscali website claimed service level to be 100%
2nd Feb - rang customer services to complain spoke to Kaleem, no offer of explanation of reason or possible reconnection time
5th Feb - still no connection, emailed complaints dept
6th Feb - rang customer services, cancelled account and requested MAC code. After a lot of broken record technique repeating my request. I was given MAC code also told them I had cancelled my DD because they had failed to provide me with the service as per contract.
14th Feb - connected to BT broadband
28th Feb - received standard e-mail response to mail sent on 5th Feb
26th March - received bill for £12.99 contacted billing spoken to P. Cairns who agreed to waive the fee after my explanation and rant.
24th May - received a suspended service notice from Tiscali. Rang them again to say account was already closed and asked for confirmation in writing.
6th August - received a letter confiming my 'RECENT' cancellation
9th August - received red reminder letter requesting payment of £ 44.97. Rang Billing spoke to a lady called Bovile who's English was heavily accented and told her that I had cancelled my account in February. After going through the annotation on the account she said was passing the my complaint through to the 'back office'. I have to wonder what or where that is ?
So I have copied the addys for the top brass from previous posts in this thread and I will do as others have and see if I can get these idiots off my back. Perhaps a march en masse to their office with BBC in tow might stop them annoying and harrassing people.
Old 19-August-2008, 14:03
slowpur

I haven't got the time for a really good rant about Tiscali but suffice to say after one of their semi trained morons said 'I can understand how angry you are' I smashed up my telephone.

Anyway after being told that there was no way possible on god's earth that my broadband could be connected by *date* it must have been some co-incidence that the day after I sent a pre-action letter I got an email saying the broadband would be connected the following day (which it was)

Anyway here are Tiscali's top tips for customer service.

When you call and ask to be put through to complaints ensure that the customer gets really really angry about waiting on hold then pressing numerous buttons before being put through to a department that doesn't deal with complaints.

When you 'phone their switchboard and ask to be put through to the legal department they transfer you to the complaints switchboard, now is it me or do legal department or complaints switchboard sound completely different. Of course the complaints 'switchboard' can't transfer you.

Next, ensure that when you've sent a pre-action letter they record on the system that your complaint has been resolved.

Of course there's always the good old ignore the unhappy customer and they might go away approach.

Anyway after waiting 14 days for a response to my pre-action letter I today issued proceedings for breach of contract and loses arising from Tiscali's failure to provide the service contracted.

Tiscali customer service is an absolute disgrace and I would seriously recommend that the first response is a letter sent recorded delivery (keep a copy of the letter etc) followed by a pre-action letter and then the issue of proceedings with a concurrent complaint to your local trading services office (or consumer direct if you have to).

Remember the only way they'll improve is when their repuation is sufficiently damaged and the costs of dealing with customer complaints breaches a certain threshold.

Do not be fobbed off by these scum, prosecute, prosecut, prosecute.
Old 20-August-2008, 09:39
smallship

Due to your “systems issue” (what a cute little phrase to disguise your rotten, swindling extortion racket which you try to pass off as a business) you stole £180 from our bank in February and then asked for another £30 and threatened to cut us off if we didn’t pay. I sent a cheque for £30 which your Billing Department denied they had received. They cut us off and then cashed the cheque. What would have happened if your troublesome little “systems issue” had left us overdrawn at our bank? It would have cost us a fortune in overdraft fees but of course, tiscali doesn’t give a hoot about such things. Their only aim is to swindle as much money as possible out of the suckers who are unfortunate enough to be their customers.

£210 adds up to a lot of £24.99 packages, particularly as we were cut off from the telephone and internet for weeks due to your little “systems issue”. I was scared to leave the house for two weeks until our MP reassured me that you couldn’t send bailiffs until you had taken us to court. We were on a credit blacklist and had loan sharks ringing up to say they understood we had credit problems. We have been through hell because of your “systems issue”. I had to have sleeping tablets from my GP. Add to this all the cost of phone calls, stationery and postage, plus, at the end of November when I asked to be upgraded to broadband and they lost the internet and emails (another little “systems issue”) it cost £10 for one phone call and £7 for another to get them back again. Also when eventually a second engineer came to connect us to broadband, he actually said he hadn’t been trained to go into the computer to get rid of dial up and install broadband and we had to (what a surprise) ring the helpline to get talked through it. Also because of tiscali’s dishonest incompetence, when we were cut off it cost us a fortune to have to use our mobile phone. WHO OWES WHO MONEY?

I was just glad to have got away from you and wanted no more to do with you but as you are asking for another £30.00 I have now decided that we will take it to the CISAS and pursue it relentlessly. Which? magazine says they have far more complaints about your dirty, rotten, dishonest company than any other by far. This has taken eight months.
Old 20-August-2008, 21:40
AVIE

Thumbs down Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

WELL WELL, I relaxed a bit too much too soon after that phone call on August 12th, cos here we are at August 20th and STILL no deadlock letter. I have now found a telephone number for Tiscali High Level complaints dept., so I will be phoning them tomorrow, I thought I'd give Tiscrapi time to post the deadlock letter, and 8 days is long enough, considering I received their letter the very next day after cancelling the Direct Debit.

If anyone wants this number let me know, and I'll PM it to you - I don't know what this forum's policy is on posting contact phone numbers, some forums don't allow it.

I fail to see how they can continue to lie about the fact that they did take over my calls from BT, because, in their latest letter (next day after they had phoned me and agreed to sending the letter) it said that they have now cancelled my account with them, BUT, since they their tag on the line, I could not switch to another ISP, and this would take 10-14 days to remove their tag????

HELLO!!!! The reason I know that you have messed up is because I rang BT who told me you had NOT approcahed them to take the service, yet you still say you DID take the service, so HOW COME I am now connected to another ISP AND FINALLY getting free anytime calls???

You know what?? If I went to Co-Op, ASDA, Morrisons or Netto or any other shop selling me goods, and I realised when I got home they had made a mistake and overcharged me by almost £200, and they ignored me, lied to me, and otherwise made me feel like something you'd likely tread in on country lanes!!! I would be straight to the cop station and would take them to court AND WIN, since I have my receipt as proof.

My AVIE-vs-Tiscali file is bulging with letters sent and received, and there's absolutely no way they can get away with this, unless, as has been mentioned early, I cave in under the pressure, which I certainly will NOT.

OK, if it was a matter of £50-100, I might think it isn't worth the hassel, but £200 plus time spent on it and the inconvenience, no way Jose, this lady's not for turning!!!!
Old 21-August-2008, 00:06
Screamager

well personally i don't see any prob's with thew posting of a tiscrapi number,as it may be of help to some other poor tiscrapi customer who also wants out, but i don't run the forum,but i will say from a personal point of veiw tisrapi's HIGH Level complaints were of no help to me,but as you have already stated they have FAILED to issue a DEADLOCK letter then that its self is a deadlock situation is it not??persue it, with cisas you may have a pleasant surprise, unfortunately you have to keep pushing your case forward as no one else will,the people in tisrapi you need to speak to are ofcom complaints somewhere near the top of tiscrapi's tree, once you get there then the customer wins,from my personal experience as an ex ticrapi customer
Old 30-August-2008, 22:47
AVIE

IF when all else has failed you are still in the same old rut, email your tabloid newspaper, I have done, and given them this and 4 or 5 others URL's bursting at the seams with Tiscali customer complaints, and they have asked me to send a brief outline of my problem, and have offered to contact Tiscali on my behalf.

I reckon it could sell a few newspapers, especially if they investigate all the sites I have sent to them

If more people would do the same, they might realise that this Tiscali ISP is nothing but a scam to get money out of us on false pretences.

My gloves are staying off, there's no way I'm going to buckle under the stress, and oddly enough, I haven't heard a peep from them since that phone call about sending me a deadlock leter (which I still haven't received)
Old 01-September-2008, 05:50
graylag

does this sound familiar? I signed up with pipex 2 months before they were eaten by tiscali; at 2am this morning it all stopped. No WoW (World of Warcraft) the whole point of broadband "cannot connect" argghhhhhh no anything else iether.. BBC news works but metcheck does not (weather channel) - any site thaat requires bi-directional traffic loses itself inside of tiscali ... wtf!
Old 01-September-2008, 17:41
Screamager

could be a number of reasons,although it's more than likely down to something connected to tiscali, ie Dns server crashes,ect,or it's poss that your router may need a reboot,depending how many days weeks months even its been up for (but as we are talking about tiscrapi its more than likely your router wont of been connected for weeks or months) Online gaming through tiscrapi,? my memory of that still haunts me now,ping times out of the roof,and the way they used to route the connection was just as bad,never again,they in my opinion are and always will be a very crapi isp,if you want a allways good gaming experience then you should seek out a isp that does fast path connections and don't throttle (traffic shape)
Old 11-September-2008, 10:32
smallship

MY OBSERVATIONS ON TISCALI

Each Department is a sealed unit, making it impossible for one department to communicate with another. This is designed to make the punters have to ring a department to be told they cannot help on that number and telling you to ring another. This results in no-one being able to actually put a story together. Even when I discovered I had two account numbers, I phoned the Billing Department to be told they couldn’t help on that number and to ring another number within their department. The woman who answered sighed impatiently and looked up the numbers which I had to tell her, and she told me that both accounts were still active. I expected her to say that they would look into it but instead she told me to ring the first number back and tell them that two accounts were active. This system seems ludicrous because I had no idea what the problem was but I was expected to try and phone round until I had formed an idea of what had gone wrong and then find the right person to tell. After all my experience of phoning, writing and emailing, I discovered there was no-one to tell. Even when my problem got to the High Priority Department in February (and this had been going on since the TV package was first installed on 12th December) still no-one looked at the whole picture and worked out that everything had been set up as a separate package. With two accounts running together, it shouldn’t have taken much intelligence to realise that no-one in their right minds would ask for their dial-up to be changed to broadband while paying for line rental and their phone calls separately and having a TV package running alongside this when you can get the whole package for £24.99 per month. In fact, before I got our MP involved, I got an email from someone telling me that my problem had “been resolved and she could not help me further and as far as Tiscali were concerned, that was the end of the matter”. I was also told that Tiscali did not return money, even though one telephone call alone cost £10 and another one £7.00, apart from all the many, many other calls pleading for someone to help. Also, when you ring a department, they beg you to ring the helpline and in every letter it might say something like “your query has been resolved” and they do not say how it has been “resolved” or what to do next about reactivating your account just a note telling you to ring the helpine, even though they know the helpline staff haven’t got a clue what it’s all about. There is always just a set paragraph finishing every letter saying “if you need any further help please ring (help line no) and how much you will be charged for the call. No wonder they’re eager to get you to ring when an ordinary call cost me £10. I would have spent hundreds by now trying to get things “resolved”.
Also, when we had been cut off completely of TV, telephone and internet, I had a letter telling me to ring a number. I rang it and she said she could not help me on that number – what a surprise. I said why had they written and told me to ring it then? She said she didn’t know, but to ring the help line. I said, “are you telling me that even though you have suspended me because I have not paid the bill, all I have to do is ring the help line and they will reconnect us and she said, “Yes”. I asked if she was honestly telling me that even though they think we owe them money and have cut us off, the help line can reconnect me? She said that on her screen our account was still active. Are they taught to tell lies?

A solicitor told me that the staff were not very well trained, but it is my opinion that they have been meticulously trained. It is not coincidence that no letter has a date on it and that replies are not answered before about five weeks and then they say that as they have taken so long to reply, our problem has probably been resolved. Who by? Neither is it coincidence that no-one mentions “mistake” or “error”. One letter mentioned a “systems issue” which must be their euphemism for “massive cock-up”. Also, every letter says “We are sorry that you feel you have a billing issue” as if I haven’t really. I have just imagined it.

Only when I enlisted the help of my MP four months down the line, did he eventually get a reply. That was after they ignored his first and second letters and after I wrote to my MP again with a copy to Tiscali enclosing a copy of my MP’s second letter, did someone decide that maybe they should have sent a reply and had to phone his office to ask for a copy of his first letter to be faxed. He then received a reply to his first letter explaining the fact that they had had £188 from our account for two months service and even explained how we still owed them money but as a “goodwill gesture” they were going to waive xxx which meant we still owed xxx.

But this, after nearly seven months, gave me a person to contact and an address. After getting legal advice, I wrote to my MP again with a copy to High Priority Complaints Tiscali explaining that as I had been unsuccessful in getting anyone to help and had not been provided with the package I had requested, I had no alternative to but to contact Offcom and OTELO. Without any warning, a couple of days later our telephone and TV were reconnected. We still cannot access the internet but would not want to because there will obviously be many viruses and it needs to be taken to the computer shop. We dare not do this because we are at a loss to understand why we have been reconnected when they have no access to our bank account now and we expect them to disconnect the service again soon. We know we have been put on a credit blacklist because a loan shark phoned to say that he “understood we had credit problems”. What right has a company to behave like this and do this to ordinary, innocent people? Another huge problem for the staff is that they cannot pull up the whole story on their screens. I know this because different departments say we can see that you have contacted us only once, so there’s no trail for them to follow. It is an extortion racket not an honest business.
Old 11-September-2008, 14:31
Screamager

correct me if i'm wrong,but a company cannot without a county court judgment put you on a credit black list,not just that but who is this loan shark? and who points them to you?? could it be tiscrapi?? if that can be proved then you could sue them for a lot more in the courts for harassment,during the 12 months that i spent with them i did notice the lack of service,maybe if their helpline was a freephone(0800)number they may change the way they operate,i agree with your comments but you forgot to say that by doing as they do,they are in effect stalling you,so that you can not get any nearer solving the issue,meanwhile another month passes and they rob you again,tiscrapi at the end of the day is a budget isp,that clearly is over subscribed, and providing a reliable service to its customers is one of the last things it wishes to do,just as the quality of the customer service/tech support it offers is not either it priority is clear keep taking the ££££ give as little back for it as you can get away with, hence a lot of unhappy out of pocket customers

Last edited by tommy t; 11-September-2008 at 14:46.
Old 15-September-2008, 14:36
smallship

Thank you for replying. From what our MP told us, they cannot send bailiffs round until they have applied to the court. This was a relief as I had not left the house for two weeks in case they came. I imagined that the credit blacklist companies sell your details to the loan sharks, but I do not know. After I finally thought it had all been sorted, and after being told months ago that the two accounts had been merged, three weeks ago we had an invoice for the second account for £29.95 and then a few days later an invoice for the first account for £23.00, so it proves that they had still done nothing at all, but still the paragraph telling you to phone the helpline was added on to the end. Someone actually phoned me up and said that they had finally closed both accounts and we should not hear from them again but, surprise, surprise, we had a letter on Saturday telling us they had tried to access our account for more money, so we are in fear of being put on the credit blacklist again. I have telephoned them today and told them we are taking it through the small claims court.
Old 15-September-2008, 16:17
Screamager

yeh ,they owe you something for the stress and expense they have caused you,it does sound to me that tiscrapi will be behind the unsolicited call from the loan shark or who ever it was,or possibly the debt collectors tiscrapi are using,at the end of the day these people have no powers of entry unless you have previously allowed them in and they made a inventory of what they where going to take,and you signed a walk in possession order,or the case has been heard in a county court and the collector has a court order,that is as far as i know basically English law,unless somthing has changed
Old 07-October-2008, 13:25
Pooch98

This is the letter we wrote to the complaints department. Please read as it states all that we've been through. I am so tired and withered by the whole situation....they did say they would send a tech and needless to say no one has arrived yet.....

Dear.....
I thought I would write back in an attempt to make a bit more headway. Unfortunately, as we were expecting the seamless transition that we were promised this morning, we were let down. This morning at roughly 9am the phone line went down. After a few calls to customer support we were told that the phone line would be back up within 24 hours. Had this been a Sunday, or even if we had been informed before hand and had time to make arrangements this would not have been a problem. Sadly, neither of these were the case. At around 1pm we spoke with a supervisor who informed us that it should have only taken 2 hours and was not sure why it was taking longer. He did, however, promise it would be resolved by the end of the day. When asked to define the end of the day, he was unable. Later, after calling again, someone was able to define the end of the day as between 7 and 8pm.

When I called later around 9pm, I was told that it should be up by the morning. In addition it was explained to me that if I was in front of the line to check it with the gentleman I was speaking with I would be able to "escalate" the situation to get immediate attention. But, because I was not in front of my line I was unable to put this into affect. Moving on... I went back to the shop to inspect the line. I called yet again to go through the proper checks. It was collectively determined that the fault was not within our lines, rather something was still not working properly with the service. The matter was "escalated". My initial thought was that this would gain my matter immediate attention.

Once again, I was sorely mistaken. I was informed that someone would address the matter first thing in the morning. I informed them that frankly that was not good enough. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told to hold the line. I was hung up on. I called back, with the same query. I was hung up on. Again, I called back, and again I was hung up on. Finally I was able to speak with a manager who after telling me there was nothing he could do, he would be happy to transfer me to the cancellation department.

This matter has ruined my Monday to say the least. Mondays are typically our busiest days of the week in terms of bookings. We normaly take 3 - 7 bookings on a Monday with each booking having a worth to us of between £35 - £55. I called the billing department to ask for a credit for somewhere in the neighborhood of £200 in order to make up this deficit. My hope was that this would entice one of your departments to finish the process and get our phone services up and running. As is becoming the standard, I was let down by Tiscali again. I do not want a £200 refund, and I do not want to cancel our services.

I simply want my phone to work so that I can get back to doing business. To say that I have been let down by your staff would be a gross understatement. I am writing this letter in the hopes that we can get this matter resolved. Please, I am infuriated that I have been brought to my knees begging, but please... turn our phone line on. Your company is costing us more money in a day than we would pay you in a year. If you are not the person who can solve this problem at once, I urge you to pass this note to someone who can.
Old 07-October-2008, 15:39
telcos

Does anyone else think that Tiscali's behaviour has anything to do with the company being Sicilian? They do seem to act like a 'family' firm. ;-)
Old 07-October-2008, 15:57
Sicilian

Thumbs down Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

I'd disappear quick if I were you!
Old 07-October-2008, 16:03
telcos

I take it you work for Tiscali? Are you a 'Don'? I didn't mean to disrespect 'The Family'. I don't want to sleep with the fishes! I'm just not willing to let you take 'protection' money from me anymore! ;-)
Old 17-October-2008, 11:27
lucky

Smile Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Hi - Found this by doing internet websearch.

The guy who posted this

HIGH LEVEL COMPLAINTS DEPT
TISCALI UK LTD
TORRENCE HOUSE
ERSKINE HARBOUR, PA8 6A6

tel: 01236 634590

is genius.

Just called them and sorting out. A system bug means that my account cannot be cancelled as has a "pending" upgrade on it...(which is non existent).

Calls centres cancel account then system crashes (unbeknown to them as they on a call). After5 attempts so frustrated did this search. Used that number team of 6...instantly diagnosed problem. Not fixed it but is now my sole contact.

Great stuff
Old 20-October-2008, 20:33
masud a

Angry Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

It's regarding the international call charges that have been charged in my account.
i have been useing phone cards for every international call i make but tiscali have been charging me for everyone of them.
When i make international calls i use the 0800 012 0110 accese number for the card after which requests a pin number which is a 11 digit number then it requests the destination number after which it gives me a specific time for which the call time will last, after the time limit the phone disconects.which proves its note tiscali providing the servise.But yet they still charge me.
previasly i have been payin via direct debit i wasn't awere of how much tiscali was takeing out of my account untill i came into sum financial problems after which i looked into the account and there was eccese money being taken by tiscali.
I have spoken to tiscali costermer service about this but they are not willing to exept any mistakes on there behalf.I had not kept any of the phone cards i had used that is why i could not make a resnable objection aganist them.but this time i have kept all the cards i had used.And i will take this matter as far as i can even to court if neccasery. Please look into this matter and contact me as soon as possible on.

Last edited by JohnnyReb51; 20-October-2008 at 20:41. Reason: Removed phone number.
Old 20-October-2008, 20:48
Screamager

@ Masud a.

I have removed the phone number from your post.

We have no affiliation with Tiscali, we are just a public forum.

You would be better off contacting Tiscali directly, by phone, email or by letter.

The post above yours, gives a complaint address and also a phone number to contact them.

Tags
adsl, bad, blocking, broadband, christmas, connection, credit, email, forward, free, happy, internet, isp, line, lost, mail, make, modem, music, ofcom, offer, online, phone, public, speed, speeds, tiscali, tiscali broadband, web