Old 17-October-2017, 22:51
Foxy Lady

Default Stopping by to say Hi

Haven't been on for a while, life takes over as most of us can relate to. I am now officially 67 years old and had a happy birthday greeting from The Scream! so thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Don't know how many of the 'old crowd' are still on here but just thought I'd say hello and see if anyone was still here. Hope you're all doing well.

I seem to be busier since I retired than I was when working full time and te older I get the busier I seem to get! Not quite sure if that really is the case or if it's just me getting older so am slowing down and things seem to take up more of my time than they used to, wither way, my days are very full.

Take care all. Hugs ((()))
Old 22-October-2017, 23:52
Scrimper

Default Re: Stopping by to say Hi

Hi, I pop in from time to time but it is a very lonely place nowadays, like a world without people!
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 23-October-2017, 00:02
Foxy Lady

Thumbs up Re: Stopping by to say Hi

Hi druid
I know what you mean, so sad too as it was a great place to chat and get help when needed. I especially loved the Christmas quiz, looked forward to it every year, even won it once! Now there's nothing like that anymore, but I still pop in now and then, like you.
Old 24-October-2017, 13:53

Wink Re: Stopping by to say Hi

Iím still around too!
Times have changed considerably since I first joined.
Good to hear you both.
Regards, GEM
Old 24-October-2017, 14:05
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: Stopping by to say Hi

Hi Gem, nice to see you're still here. Like you, times have changed a great deal for me too since I joined. Life takes over and sweeps you along, then before you know it years have passed!

It's a busy time for us, my birthday on 17th, our anniversary today and Karen's birthday on 30th... at least we get it all over with in one month!

Hope life has been kind to you these past few years, it's nice to know you still pop in now and again, as I do. Can't seem to not somehow, it's like coming home and meeting old mates again. Do take care, nice to hear from you.
Old 25-October-2017, 10:19
Scrimper

I do miss the friendliness of the forums, I felt I knew people yet I had never met them, from the way people wrote and what they wrote you built up your own opinions of that person and felt that they were a friend.

Social Media has been responsible for the demise of forums but IMHO it does not have the same 'cosy' feel that forums had.

I used to be a keen contributor in the Netfornowt forum and felt I lost a lot of 'friends' when it closed. (I did contribute here too but not as much as N4N)

I do still contribute on some forums but not in the same way as here or on N4N.

We really should try to get this forum active again.
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 25-October-2017, 10:41
Foxy Lady

Thumbs up Re: Stopping by to say Hi

Is love to get it back up and running as it was, or as near as poss but not even sure how to start. Most of the old crowd moved in when it was announced that it was closing down and even though it was saved for a while a lot of them don't know and haven't returned.
Getting new blood to contribute and feel the same 'ownership' as we do would be a difficult task I think.
Old 26-October-2017, 11:23
Scrimper

Looking at the stats below there are 127 guests here ATM so people do still look in.
Old 26-October-2017, 11:57
Foxy Lady

Looking at the stats below there are 127 guests here ATM so people do still look in.
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Yes but how often and for what. Is it just to get a bit of help now and then, or is it to join in the chat and be part of the community?

Popping in to get help or info just when you need it and nothing else isn't going to get the community back up and running like it used to be... not even sure it will ever be like it was again.
Old 26-October-2017, 20:55
Safe Sane Consensual

Guess it might be best to remember the great times together and especially the gardening discussions

My wisteria has now collapsed and it needs support with some sort of prop.

Maybe accept that social media communication changes.
For some Facebook became a place where young people feared rejection and Second Life a place to relax.
Seems many veterans are tiring of Facebook and thanks to President Trump Twitter becomes the place to be read!
What's the betting on successful completion of Brexit and that I will need to change my Scream signature to be "sad to be ex European"
Old 26-October-2017, 22:23
Foxy Lady

Hi Worldlife,
My wisteria is coming along nicely, it's the first year for our in our garden and it's grown quite a bit already flowering we'll this Summer... Maybe yours needs an extra bit of tlc? 😊
Trump is one reason I don't use Twitter so much anymore I have no desire to be using a platform he seems to have taken over, the man's a moron! 😲
Unlike you, I will be changing my Scream signature to 'Happy to no longer be European'. So on that subject we will have to agree to differ. 😕
Old 26-October-2017, 23:24
Scrimper

I will be changing my Scream signature to 'Happy to no longer be European'. So on that subject we will have to agree to differ. 😕
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
I am with you on this... a proud 'Brexiteer'
Old 29-October-2017, 05:41
Safe Sane Consensual

Hi Worldlife,
<snip>Unlike you, I will be changing my Scream signature to 'Happy to no longer be European'. So on that subject we will have to agree to differ. 😕
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
Well we might be friends if the promises on the Brexit battle bus were met.

Surely it would be better to fund the NHS rather than Trident submarines to provide sex and drug cruises for Royal Navy. Pretty dodgy when you recall also the incidents involving guns taking place onboard!

Will we reclaim fame to become the dirty old man of (ex-Europe) once the controls on pollution from Europe are revoked? Maybe we can use some of the money saved on our expected fines on illegal pollution levels for a trade deal to ensure we do not have a hard border between Eire and Northern Ireland!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battle bus NHS.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2388  

Tags
birthday, christmas, facebook, forward, happy, home, lost, social media, support, twitter