Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 20-August-2010, 18:42
btsimonh

Default Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub V1 *Upgrade at your own risk*

a quick note to mention that on:
http://www.psidoc.com/forum/viewthre...?thread_id=158
there ia a method for flashing the v1 with thomson CFE (and thereafter thomson frmware) without jtag. Also enables installation of redboot for playing with OpenWRT.
btsimonh and blaablaa are looking at OpenWRT.

s
Old 05-September-2010, 12:47
Screamer

a quick note to mention that on:
http://www.psidoc.com/forum/viewthre...?thread_id=158
there ia a method for flashing the v1 with thomson CFE (and thereafter thomson frmware) without jtag. Also enables installation of redboot for playing with OpenWRT.
btsimonh and blaablaa are looking at OpenWRT.

s
Originally Posted by btsimonh View Post
This is great news - well done! I've looked through the zip file and readme file and I sort of understand the comments...but then I'm no linux expert. One suggeston: it would be great if you could provide a noobs package for those (like me) who simply want to flash to, for example, the speedtouch 7.4.1.7 (ZZGKAA7.417.bin) firmware that PSIDoc lists in his JTAG method.
Old 07-September-2010, 12:07
silva

Thumbs up Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

No, I install PABX's, with SIP phones, ie a company with 2000 SIP deskphones, SIP is easy to configure,

Cheers,

K
Originally Posted by Killiank View Post
i want to use the internet
Old 15-September-2010, 13:28
phil_mw60

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered...

I have unlocked a BT HH 1.0, first by running the BT Firmware Recovery tool which downgraded from v6.2.6.E to v2.2.2.6 I believe.

I then ran 'UpgradeST.exe' to downgrade the firmware further to v6.1.9.6. Although I encountered a couple of error messages during this update the update seems to have worked.

I can now browse to 192.168.1.254 and am greeted with the Thompson router interface (as opposed to BT).

However when I try to enter my ISP details (for talk talk) using the wizard and connect to the Internet using PPPoA encapsulation 0,38 I get a 'CHAPS authentication failed' error.

Does anyone know why I might be getting this error?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil
Old 01-December-2010, 20:15
Screamer

This is great news - well done! I've looked through the zip file and readme file and I sort of understand the comments...but then I'm no linux expert. One suggeston: it would be great if you could provide a noobs package for those (like me) who simply want to flash to, for example, the speedtouch 7.4.1.7 (ZZGKAA7.417.bin) firmware that PSIDoc lists in his JTAG method.
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
In the end I worked it out and created my own mega unlock package, which I'd like to share with you all
Old 23-December-2010, 16:47
NJS

Unhappy Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub V1 *Upgrade at your own risk*

Does anyone have any idea how I can switch on WEP on the BT HomeHub V1.5?
I have reset it to factory defaults and set ID / Password to admin, but I cannot log in. If I Telnet to 192.168.1.254 I can log in but going via the web browser I cannot.
Currrently when I look at wirless connection does not have any WEP or similar protecting it.

Regards.
Old 09-May-2014, 20:37
Screamer

Hi folks,
I am the proud owner of a HH v1 6.2.2.6.H firmware. Are there any instructions around?
Being 4 years later most all the links are dead. I run an Apache 2.2 server and am on 24x7 and willing to host any guides if this will help.
PsiDoc I'm sorry to see you have een hacked. Can I host your info?
cheers,
ian t
ian.t8@hotmail.co.uk

Tags
adsl, adsl2, belkin, broadband, bt, bt home hub, cable, dhcp, dns, files, firmware, home, home hub, hub, internet, isp, key, laptop, lock, make, netgear, network, product, router, settings, sipgate, speed, speedtouch, speedtouch 7g, tiscali, voip, web, windows, wireless