Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > TalkTalk

Old 05-December-2010, 16:33
mrlotterby

Default Talktalk nightmare

Talktalk continue to give me a living nightmare!

I'd had years of reasonable service with Tiscali so when a TalkTalk operator invited me to join them for cheaper and faster broadband I signed on the dotted line. I thougfht as they were the same company I had nothing to lose. WRONG!!!

From day one broadband speeds were awful (Iwas promised 6-7mb download speeds but was lucky to get1.5mb). I was constantly disconnected and if more than one PC was in use things were even worse.

I made many calls to their technical support people, but nothing helped, so I phoned to cancel my contract before the "cooling off period" ran out. I was promised 2 free months and a 10 day extension to my "cooling off period" if I gave them another go (something they later denied, despite apparently recording all customer call).

Speeds were still terrible and I phoned to cancel my 18 month contract before the 10 days extention was up. I was told there was no record of such an extention, or 2 free months and consequently if I cancelled it would cost me over £400 as per their T & Cs. I said that I wouldn't cancel but in the meantime I would contact their Head Office to dispute these charges. They cancelled me anyway and billed me for over £400. Head Office confirmed I owed the money.

I sent off several lengthy letters to Head Office, their Customer Liason Officer, even Charles Dunstone (yes, I know he never gets to read these things). I quoted dates, times even the names of people I'd spoken to at Talktalk. I received one reply. Two paragraphs, basically saying "hard cheese, sucker!".

I complained to Otelo. I gave them all the information I'd given Talktalk. They found in my favour. Talktalk had to let me leave my contract with no penalty, get the debt collectors off my back (they'd sold the debt onto them), ensure my credit rating was unaffected, pay me compensation and reimburse me for mobile phone bills incurred when they'd diconnected me.

So a happy ending, right? WRONG!

Otelo's verdict was made back in October. Talktalk have done none of the things they were told. I've still got litigation from the debt collectors pending, and I've just received a letter from Otelo to say that Talktalk had not even replied to Otelo's report, despite being given 28 days and a further reminder.

Talktalk service is poor, their technical support is poor, their complaints proceedure is poor, and their communication is poor.

Worst of all, they don't even seem to care!
Old 28-June-2011, 17:26
bulimba

Default Re: Talktalk nightmare

I agree with you! It is so slow and sometimes it doesn't even work! On top of that, the costumer service staff is so rude! They don't care..
Old 30-June-2011, 15:43
hotsexylingerie

It sounds so bad. Sorry for the network speed. Just cancel and change it.
Old 02-July-2011, 19:31
Optimistic Curmudgeon

I have only had a couple of occasions when it was necessary to contact the customer service staff, both of which were politely handled.

However, when I was with Tiscali, the opposite was true.
Old 16-July-2011, 16:29
orridd

Talktalk continue to give me a living nightmare!

I'd had years of reasonable service with Tiscali so when a TalkTalk operator invited me to join them for cheaper and faster broadband I signed on the dotted line. I thougfht as they were the same company I had nothing to lose. WRONG!!!

From day one broadband speeds were awful (Iwas promised 6-7mb download speeds but was lucky to get1.5mb). I was constantly disconnected and if more than one PC was in use things were even worse.

I made many calls to their technical support people, but nothing helped, so I phoned to cancel my contract before the "cooling off period" ran out. I was promised 2 free months and a 10 day extension to my "cooling off period" if I gave them another go (something they later denied, despite apparently recording all customer call).

Speeds were still terrible and I phoned to cancel my 18 month contract before the 10 days extention was up. I was told there was no record of such an extention, or 2 free months and consequently if I cancelled it would cost me over £400 as per their T & Cs. I said that I wouldn't cancel but in the meantime I would contact their Head Office to dispute these charges. They cancelled me anyway and billed me for over £400. Head Office confirmed I owed the money.

I sent off several lengthy letters to Head Office, their Customer Liason Officer, even Charles Dunstone (yes, I know he never gets to read these things). I quoted dates, times even the names of people I'd spoken to at Talktalk. I received one reply. Two paragraphs, basically saying "hard cheese, sucker!".

I complained to Otelo. I gave them all the information I'd given Talktalk. They found in my favour. Talktalk had to let me leave my contract with no penalty, get the debt collectors off my back (they'd sold the debt onto them), ensure my credit rating was unaffected, pay me compensation and reimburse me for mobile phone bills incurred when they'd diconnected me.

So a happy ending, right? WRONG!

Otelo's verdict was made back in October. Talktalk have done none of the things they were told. I've still got litigation from the debt collectors pending, and I've just received a letter from Otelo to say that Talktalk had not even replied to Otelo's report, despite being given 28 days and a further reminder.

Talktalk service is poor, their technical support is poor, their complaints proceedure is poor, and their communication is poor.

Worst of all, they don't even seem to care!
Originally Posted by mrlotterby View Post
i have just had 1 week with out a proper talktalk line . hours spent on the phone with there fault team, they just will not send out bt to repair the line, just blackmail about £125.00 bills etc. broadband drops out noisey phone line, voice mail left and the phone has not even rung. i have now signed up for bt. i have 2 weeks contract left with out broadband and now they refuse to get it up and runing as i am going to bt. this will be going to ofcom as breach of contract as i am still technically in contract
Old 19-February-2012, 18:38

[QUOTE=mrlotterby;237295]Talktalk continue to give me a living nightmare!

".....Talktalk service is poor, their technical support is poor, their complaints proceedure is poor, and their communication is poor...."
--------------------------
Agree wholheartedly - I recently went through a nightmarish experience with them. OFCOM should fine (CarphoneWarehouse) Talktalk again and all existing subscribers should just walk away..
Old 19-January-2013, 14:52

ohh my god. How they could do you this? Unacceptable.
Old 03-September-2013, 10:19

I was told there was no record of such an extention.

Old 12-September-2013, 12:39
Screamer

This sounds awful, I've been with them for a few years and never had anything like this.
Old 13-February-2015, 00:19
Screamer

This is the first time I've posted on any forum but I'm so angry I feel the need to tell someone about my experience with talk talk. Following a severe stroke last year my 89 year old mother has moved from her home for the last 60 years to an extra care facility. I tried to cancel her account when she left her home in the middle of December last year. After numerous fruitless phone calls to them she received another bill from talktalk. On January 5th I called them again, determined not to let the call finish before I got them to promise to cancel the account. I spent over an hour on the phone and was passed to four people all asking for the same questions to be answered. The last lady I spoke to at what sounded like a UK based call centre eventually arranged for the cancellation to happen and asked me to pay £6.50 in full and final settlement. She repeated several times that the account was closed and there was no more to pay. Today my mother received another bill on the account. Furious I called talktalk and spoke to an overseas call centre. I tried to explain what had happened but the representative just kept saying that the account wouldn't be cancelled before 3rd of Feb and she'd have to pay. I asked to speak to his supervisor who was polite in a very aggressive manner if that makes any sense and to paraphrase him pretty much said tough mate we want the money. What happens now? I suppose either a severely ill old lady has to pay a big company like Talktalk money she doesn't owe them or they'll hound her with final demands and threaten her with debt collectors. Sorry for the long post but zi feel so frustrated for her and angry with Talktalk.
Old 14-February-2015, 16:09
Optimistic Curmudgeon

Had your mother's contract with TT expired or not, there is a cancellation charge if not, based on the unexpired period.
Call this number 0870 444 1820 or 0203 441 5550
To cancel. I believe they require one month's notice to do so.
Old 15-February-2015, 00:55
Screamer

Yes her contract had expired. I had been trying for several weeks to cancel her contract but talk talk kept insisting on speaking to her over the phone. I'd explained that she'd had a severe stroke and that I now had lasting power of attorney. When I eventually got through to what I think was a call centre in Ireland and spoke to somebody who had some sympathy for her and my situation they accepted the registration no. Of my LPA document and after some discussions with supervisors and managers agreed that the account was closed and that a payment of £6.50 was in full and final settlement. This was clearly not the case as She has now received another bill. I feel like writing to talk talk and asking if they'd like my mother, when she's strong enough to sign the cheque for the £40 they are demanding from her state pension, to send it directly to their CEO Baroness Harding's personal account. I'm sure she needs the money more than my mother does.
Old 17-February-2015, 14:12
Optimistic Curmudgeon

I would expect that your conversation with the Irish callcentre was recorded, and therefore if you tell TT that, they should cancel the £40 charge.
Old 21-February-2015, 00:26
Screamer

Thanks for the advice. I'm writing a letter to TT Head Office detailing every contact I have had wih them over the last few months. I hope they will be able to see from the information I give them that they should put an end to their demands for payment of a bill they shouldn't have sent to my mother.

Tags
bad, broadband, calls, cancellation, company, credit, free, happy, home, line, mobile, network, ofcom, phone, registration, slow, speed, speeds, talk, talk talk, talktalk, tiscali