Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > TalkTalk

Old 02-December-2007, 01:44
Austin_KW

Default Re: talktalk

Try this program - free down load - it took me from 2 Mbs on Talktalk to 7 Mbs. I even get 500K across the Atlantic 5,000 miles.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone if I'm not on again this month. There is worse than talktalk - my laptop connected to my neighbours router by mistake - on Virgin - I thought I was back on dial up! It costs a lot more too. I'm on Talk 3 Intenational - 20.50 a month and I can call cell phones in North america for free amongst other things like 7 Mbs broadband - and I'll call my friend in France this weekend for free.
Originally Posted by Mike10613 View Post
500k across the Atlantic is not good; talktalk seem to bottleneck on their own uk network, international routing is often better. Eg at peak times when I get 1.5mbs to the uk tests I can ofter get better than 9mbs to the dublin test servers. You may still want to increase your tcp rx window for the higher latency.

This is my current test to the us west coast, and this is low for this time of night.
Old 12-January-2008, 19:29
keef737

If talk talk dont provide you with the services they say the would then that is breach of contract then your monthly bill must come to less money minus phone call costs and the costs of your time I wouldnt spend time argueing with them just escalate the the problem if there not interested then go to arbitration and get a refund
Old 08-October-2011, 18:25
DennyBubbles

I've noticed this topic has been going since 2005. Just to let anyone new here that they still have the same problems.
A friend has just had her contract cancelled and had all her payments ordered to be returned by the Ombudsman. She had signed up in December, managed to get web access by February and had problems with every part of their 'business package'.
Emails are still taking weeks to get answered, if at all and phone calls take you through a maze of departments before finally ending up where you began.
It is a pity people do not find these forums until after parting with their cash and/or signing a contract.
Old 21-January-2012, 15:19
Screamer

Hi. After a lot of googling, I finally worked out how to logon to my 15mb of free webspace. Now I need to know how to configure it so that others can see it. I don't need a fancy site, I just intend to have a list of sound files for others to download. Using filezilla, I uploaded a 'test' file (all shook up) and this is how my site looks when I logon:

(As you probably know, the files 'ftpquota' and 'index' are there by default.)

When I start my browser afresh and type in www.lionheart.talktalk.net I end up with talktalk's own homepage. What do I need to do so that anyone typing my webaddress into their browser sees MY page?

Thanks in advance of any assistance offered.
Old 22-January-2012, 20:36

Upload your files replacing index.html or index.htm with your own
Old 23-January-2012, 12:39
Screamer

Got it. Thank you kindly.
Old 14-March-2013, 07:01

Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i find this community is highly interesting.
Best Search Engine
Old 10-September-2013, 06:18

Hi frnds thanks for sharing information
Old 10-September-2013, 06:19

Thank you for sharing information

Tags
123, broadband, christmas, collection, computer, connection, dead, email, failure, files, free, google, home, internet, isp, line, lost, make, offer, online, phone, port, settings, speed, talk, talk talk, talktalk, web, webspace