Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 27-April-2007, 16:33
lordy7

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

This has trashed my hub. I'm just getting red LEDs now when turned on. Is there another way of resetting the thing other than the reset switch?
Originally Posted by FatherTed View Post
Hi FatherTed, Can you post what SSIDs are printed underneath. You can replace the digits with 999 if you like...
Old 27-April-2007, 19:25
Mongoose

It's looking like there has been some serious changes in the new hubs with the Fusion firmware as the DNS poisoning no longer works. When you type in the username and password, it says the PPP password is incorrect Looks like we need to find another way around this. I think this is the problem some people are having with the flash method bricking their hub.
Basically it seems if you have a hub with 2 SSID's you can't flash it or DNS poison it.

Last edited by Mongoose; 27-April-2007 at 19:39.
Old 27-April-2007, 20:47
Mongoose

Ok, I have found a way to get the DNS poisoning working again but if I post it will it be blocked in the next BT firmware upgrade? I will post if people are having the same trouble and need me to.
Old 28-April-2007, 11:15
catandsplat

Hi,
As a newcomer, can you answer this please! I've been given the aforesaid 2700hgv but can it be used on a non-business adsl connection, or is it tied to a business account? Would flashing the firmware make it useable anywhere?
Cheers.
Old 28-April-2007, 14:32
lordy7

Hi,
As a newcomer, can you answer this please! I've been given the aforesaid 2700hgv but can it be used on a non-business adsl connection, or is it tied to a business account? Would flashing the firmware make it useable anywhere?
Cheers.
Originally Posted by catandsplat View Post
If it has a single SSID at the bottom then you can either Flash with sbc firmware or use the DNS poisoning method. Either of these will make it usable on any ADSL line with any ISP.

If it has two SSIDs, dont flash it, it may die!! (This is still my unconfirmed suspicion).
Either sell it and get an older one, or try to PM people here nicely for a new secret method for dns poisoning.
Old 28-April-2007, 20:49
Coomb

Post Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

HI all Mongoose i am having the same trouble as you bt as changed the firmware i get the ppp just under enter name i have add a go but to no avail if you don't won't to post i could give you one of my email address it would be nice add it working for only a week now the kids are back to fighting again over one computer. When i did what you said last time all was well i did not even put in manual obtain "Primary Server and "Secondary server" do you know these the MTU to aol is 1450 Thanks ps it is not flash't it was just them up grading the firm ware.

Last edited by Coomb; 28-April-2007 at 20:54.
Old 28-April-2007, 23:17
Mongoose

Hi Coomb. Check your PM's I've sent you the method I used.
Old 29-April-2007, 14:55
Coomb

Hi all Mongoose look in PM's Thanks
Old 30-April-2007, 16:16
captaincrisis

Hi Coomb. Check your PM's I've sent you the method I used.
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Mongoose, I have an ex BT 2700HGV I would like to use with Virgin Media. Could you send me your method too please?

Thanks
cc
Old 30-April-2007, 20:48
happyadrian

Thumbs up Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

hi....

mine came from a friends business when she recieved a second one by accident from bt.
thing is that i got it home and installed my username and password and it works fine... does that mean this one has already been unlocked?
Im on AOL.

cheers,
adrian.
Old 01-May-2007, 09:06
Mongoose

It may have been but if you find it reverts back to the BT username and password after a while then it hasn't been and you will need to unlock it.
Old 01-May-2007, 09:11
Mongoose

Mongoose, I have an ex BT 2700HGV I would like to use with Virgin Media. Could you send me your method too please?

Thanks
cc
Originally Posted by captaincrisis View Post
You will need to check the panel underneath to see if you have 2 SSID's (one will be listed as the SSID for BT Fusion). If there is only one then you need to use the DNS poisoning method already shown in this thread. If you have 2 SSID's then I'll let you know what to do.
Old 01-May-2007, 14:57
johnybb

My router does not have 2 SSID's on the label on the router, but did have 2 SSID's broadcast (one of which is fusion). I was able to use the hacked firmware ok...

Quick question, is there anywhere that I can reserve IP addresses for specific machines ?
Old 03-May-2007, 12:06
florinuku

Ok, I have found a way to get the DNS poisoning working again but if I post it will it be blocked in the next BT firmware upgrade? I will post if people are having the same trouble and need me to.
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
I have broken two of these routers(RED LIGHT). I think there were the one with 2 SSID.
There is any way to make them work again.
I am also interested in the new method.
Cheers,
Florinuku
Old 03-May-2007, 18:13
lordy7

Thumbs up Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

I have broken two of these routers(RED LIGHT). I think there were the one with 2 SSID.
There is any way to make them work again.
I am also interested in the new method.
Cheers,
Florinuku
Originally Posted by florinuku View Post
I emailed 2wire. They replied
You will need to contact your ISP they will be able to help you with getting a replacement, because the Red light is an indication of a power failure.
H'mm. I'm not sure about the legality of putting logic bombs in firmware that disable equipment (rather than an accidental firmware bug). I may have to ask slashdot
Old 03-May-2007, 18:20
lordy7

If anyone has bricked/killed their router (3 solid red LEDs after about 5 minutes) whilst attempting to flash with the SBC firmware ...
can they confirm whether it had two SSIDs printed underneath. and if the number under the smaller barcode ends with 007.
Old 03-May-2007, 18:24
lordy7

Would it be a good idea for anyone who posted early in the thread (Pages 1-2 etc) linking or advising flashing to add a quick warning regarding the 2SSID issue, I suspect many impatient people might not read this far before having a go
Old 03-May-2007, 19:45
Mongoose

Would it be a good idea for anyone who posted early in the thread (Pages 1-2 etc) linking or advising flashing to add a quick warning regarding the 2SSID issue, I suspect many impatient people might not read this far before having a go
Originally Posted by lordy7 View Post
Thats a good idea as this thread is now rather long.
Old 03-May-2007, 21:01
elliott99

Hey guys! Ive just tried to flash the BT 2700HGV router, it restarted but now 3 red lights have appeared (Power - Broadband - Internet) I get no network connectivity at all if anyone has any ideas PLEASE can someone email me at elliott[at]infused-gaming[dot]net

Please any help would be great!!

Thanks Elliott99
Old 04-May-2007, 00:50
lordy7

Hey guys! Ive just tried to flash the BT 2700HGV router, it restarted but now 3 red lights have appeared
Originally Posted by elliott99 View Post
Underneath does it have two different SSID's printed?
Old 05-May-2007, 18:55
Screamager

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk*

How many of those units have you had now my fellow ebayer?
Old 05-May-2007, 20:03
ydrol

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk*

How many of those units have you had now my fellow ebayer?
Originally Posted by patioheater View Post
I've only had two. The first one had wireless issues before I even tried upgrading so I just assumed the hardware was flakey. When it happened to the second one, I realised it was one with the new SSID and so was the first one !
Old 06-May-2007, 17:27
Screamager

I'm on Firmware version 5.29.107.19 and I keep getting disconnected (randomly) from the internet. It's the BT2700HGV disconnecting from the DSL signal; here is my detailed log:

Code:
2007-05-06T17:12:56+01:00
lmd:* dsl0: up G.DMT Annex A interleaved Rate:7616/448 Max:8920/1000
INF
lmd:* dsl0: Margin:13.0/23.0 Atten:22.6/12.0 Power:19.7/11.9
INF
lmd:* dsl0: Country: {F} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0}
INF
2007-05-06T17:14:02+01:00
lmd:* dsl0: down (signal lost)
WRN
2007-05-06T17:14:03+01:00
vrsip:* Broadband connection lost
INF
2007-05-06T17:14:50+01:00
lmd:* dsl0: up G.DMT Annex A interleaved Rate:7616/448 Max:8968/996
INF
lmd:* dsl0: Margin:14.0/22.0 Atten:22.6/12.0 Power:19.7/11.9
INF
lmd:* dsl0: Country: {F} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0}
INF
2007-05-06T17:19:56+01:00
lmd:* dsl0: down (signal lost)
WRN
2007-05-06T17:19:57+01:00
vrsip:* Broadband connection lost
INF
2007-05-06T17:20:26+01:00
lmd:* dsl0: up G.DMT Annex A interleaved Rate:7616/448 Max:8608/1004
etc... .... any ideas guys?? it's really starting to wind me up!!
Old 06-May-2007, 18:05
fopetesl

Thumbs down Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

The BT firmware appears to run a Unix/Linux like OS. It certainly has /tmp /etc/ssh etc.
Doing a strings on the firmware reveals a script that uses two commands to configure most stuff. cmc, modprov, devprod , netprod,

Infact, in Linux or Cygwin, just do strings <firmware> | egrep 'prov|echo|cmc| #' will reveal lots of interesting stuff:

Eg

cmc -set mgmt acs_url 0 "https://cwmp.cms.smehomehubrms.bt.com"
cmc -set mgmt keycode 0 528Y-27G4-A222-22BJ-B22V

and how to set the qos for the SIP IP Addresses I think... 'qosprov'

It also seems to set up a different network (192.168.2.x) for the VOIP ports.

However there is no telnet port and could find any injection exploits
Originally Posted by ydrol View Post
Hey, ydrol. Looks real interesting.
I reflashed two 2700HGVs today, 1st went real well and everything OK.
2nd didn't appear to want to flash, (tried both available firmwares), got the flashing amber LED but after about four minutes got a browser message about "..connection reset..". Amber LED keeps flashing for another five? minutes but software version still 4.25.33 in original BT GUI.
So I powered down and up and now the GUI has disappeared to which no one seems to have an answer to.
Maybe we can get in via LINUX gateway. How did you get an answer to strings?
Old 07-May-2007, 15:52
ydrol

got the flashing amber LED but after about four minutes got a browser message about "..connection reset..". Amber LED keeps flashing for another five? minutes but software version still 4.25.33 in original BT GUI.
So I powered down and up and now the GUI has disappeared to which no one seems to have an answer to.
Originally Posted by fopetesl View Post
Doesnt sound good. I assume you did a dhcp /release or /renew etc..

Maybe we can get in via LINUX gateway. How did you get an answer to strings?
These things are tighter than a ducks bottom! If someone can crack the checksum then we could fudge a firmware. But lot of effort for little real gain IMO!
Old 07-May-2007, 16:11
fopetesl

Doesnt sound good. I assume you did a dhcp /release or /renew etc..

These things are tighter than a ducks bottom! If someone can crack the checksum then we could fudge a firmware. But lot of effort for little real gain IMO!
Originally Posted by ydrol View Post
Yeah. Did the /release /renew. Several times.
What we need is a back door into the system. Maybe then ...
How did you discover it has a LINUX like OS?
Old 09-May-2007, 02:08
ydrol

How did you discover it has a LINUX like OS?
Just a guest really baased on looking at the Shell Script embedded in the BT firmware.
Old 09-May-2007, 14:16
dogegg

I was using the std talktalk modem (sagem) previously and getting max 3Gbps wired conntection. Someone gave me one of the 2700 to try but I read most of this thread last night and assumed it wouldn't work.

Well without doing anything at all other than hold down the reset for 5 secs, put in username: phonenumber@talktalk.net and password, I am now getting 54Mbps wireless. I had to put in 2wire147 and the number on the back of the box too.

I thought maybe I had logged into a neighbours by accident but if I pull the plug on the BT business hub - I lose the connection.

I have since gone on to http://home and can play around with the configurations and my talktalk details are all in there.

Hope that helps some people on talktalk that there is no need at all to do anything to the box itself.

I am still wondering how, but there you go!
Old 13-May-2007, 13:30
shauno

Angry Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk*

I was given a 2WIRE 2700HGV and wanted to get it working with AOL - not for me but for a friend who won't move away from them.
I applied the DNS poison trick but then got the message about the
login being not correct if I tried something like bill@aol.com.

Anyway, I read all through the the-scream forum and decided to try the "recovery_425.2sp" firmware having first armed myself with the
original BT firmware.

Now all I get is the 3 red leds (Power - Broadband - Internet).

There are two SSIDs underneath the box - one for BT Business Hub and
the other for BT Fusion.

I'm pretty sure it's now for the bin but does anyone know of anything that might recover it?
Old 13-May-2007, 15:21
ydrol

Unfortunately I dont know anything that will rescue it. This is precisely why someone should edit the message on the first page to warn against this. (Unlokia? Moderators?), the mods have changed the title, but I dont think that's enough personally.

Tags
2wire, broadband, bt, bt business hub, connection, dhcp, dns, email, firmware, flash, hgv, home, hub, internet, key, lights, lock, orange, phone, registration, router, screen, settings, share, software, sound, speed, speedtester, tiscali, voip, web, wireless