Old 09-May-2013, 01:17
Screamager

Default How sad

I haven't posted for quite a while, there didn't seem to be much point. 'The Scream' should be up there with 'Twitter' and 'Facebook'. It's been around longer. It isn't, and why? Because of you so called members. Plain and simple, you have nothing to say. Bad enough, but what makes you worse is that you resent anybody that does have something to say. 'I don't like that so I'm not gonna talk to you'. How pathetic is that?

The Scream offers far more options for discussion than many other forums, can the problem be that a reply requires words of more than one syllable?. I never asked that you either like or agree with things I posted, I expected, or at least hoped that you would respond as an adult, not run away like a scared rabbit.

Ok. I accept that perhaps you are people that prefer to hide in the back of the cave and say nothing, but I have to ask the question, why on earth have you joined a forum?
Old 10-May-2013, 10:58
Rambler

Default Re: How sad

I joined for teccy help. As I'm sure many others have. Chitchat etc is not my thing. Each to his own.
Old 11-May-2013, 11:29
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: How sad

I too joined for tech help, although I do like a little chit chat now and then... Problem being, life takes over and stops a lot of us from getting on as much as we would like.
Also, I really do wish you would refrain from assuming everyone on here who doesn't answer your posts do so for the same reason... stereotyping really is not cool GL!!
Old 16-May-2013, 01:18
Screamager

I can't believe that I am posting yet again. I vowed after my last post that I would give up. Yes I know that the Scream is basically a 'tecy' forum. Me, I'm too dumb for that, I admit it. But it is still a forum, a place to chat, a place to talk.
Tia and myself run a forum. Boring place, don't go there. We talk of family's, and gardens, hobbies and holidays, serious and silly things. Baically, we just talk. We talk as friends, we allow we are not all perfect.

Today I posted about my little lilac bush that I had just planted, another member had posted about numerous things she had planted. War? not a bit, we both have a different sized garden and I'm a hopeless gardener anyway. We just talked about what we had done.

Folksies, a forum is about talking. I don't know you, you don't know me. I have nothing to prove to you and you have nothing to prove to me.

Think about it, the whole world is at your feet. Talk to to someone in America, Australia, wherever. The 'Scream 'is a gate to the world. But then if you have nothing to offer it ..... well.
Old 16-May-2013, 23:07
Foxy Lady

Angry Re: How sad

Think about it, the whole world is at your feet. Talk to to someone in America, Australia, wherever. The 'Scream 'is a gate to the world. But then if you have nothing to offer it ..... well.
Originally Posted by greatlover View Post
There you go again GL, assuming we are all the same and just because we're not all on here 24/7 chatting away to each other we have nothing to say... guess what ... WRONG again!!

There are quite a few of us who have been members of this forum for years now & although we don't log on very often and definitely not as often as we used to, we still keep coming back every so often to check out how each of us are doing, or wish someone a happy birthday, or even just to see if there's someone familiar to say hi to.

We don't feel the burning need to come on here every day and start threads up about nothing in particular and most of the time we haven't got the time to do that either... for a lot of us, life is very complicated & busy, so we manage when we can to pop back in, usually for a very short time, just to say hello, give wishes or advice to someone, then we're off again.

You, on the other hand, have turned up again after a very long absence to start slagging everyone off just because they are not like you and don't have as much time on their hands as you obviously do.

This kind of behaviour is very rude to say the least, in fact it's downright unfair of you to come back on here and start calling everyone for not doing what you think they should... Each to their own GL, live & let live.

If you enjoy your other forum so much why don't you stay there and do what you like doing best on that forum. Leave us alone on this one... no-one has a go at anyone else on here, we just help each other out when we can and have a laugh now and again... that's what forums are about, not something that you have to do on a regular basis or else!!

Stop assuming we are all like you and just because we don't post all the time have nothing to contribute, because we do, when it's needed. So butt out!!
Old 17-May-2013, 21:33
Rambler

Well said; jenonnet,
Old 17-May-2013, 21:57
Foxy Lady

Thumbs up Re: How sad

Thanx Twinkle
Old 18-May-2013, 10:26
Rambler

Jen,
Old 18-May-2013, 12:53
Screamette

I agree with the Ladies GL.....
......get back to our Forum.....do I have to chain you up in the dungeon again?
Be nice!
Old 19-May-2013, 01:18
Screamager

Jenonnet, I am confused. The Scream is a forum, a place for people to talk. A place where they should feel free to speak as they will. Can I ask, are you a guardian that decides what members can talk about? Have you decided that members can only talk of things that accord to your views or opinions?
'Let's only talk of happy things, or birthdays of course'
Personally, I'd love to hear about how life is treating other members. I'd love to know what their interests are. I'd love to know what their hobbies are. I'd love to know about their families. Basically, I'd love to get to know my fellow members. Why do you have such a problem with that? Back off matey, allow members to say what they feel. You might not have much to talk about but please, allow others to do so if they have. Oh, and if I might suggest, abuse doesn't impress me.
Old 19-May-2013, 01:21
Screamager

I agree with the Ladies GL.....
......get back to our Forum.....do I have to chain you up in the dungeon again?
Be nice!
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
promises, promises,
Old 19-May-2013, 11:27
Foxy Lady

Post Re: How sad

Thanks Tia, your support is appreciated... nice to hear from you again by the way.

I really can't believe how insular you are GL... abuse doesn't impress me either, that's why I have suggested you stop it forthwith!! I really don't know what you're on but it's stopping you from realising that you are doing the very same thing you are accusing others of and saying you don't like!! If I were you I would stop taking the medication, it obviously isn't doing you, or us, any good!

We are aware that The Scream is a forum, a place for people to talk and we do talk on here, just not all the time. We also say what we want and when we have the time, discuss many and varied subjects from family things to world affairs... if you look back at some of the old threads you will see that. Unfortunately, again, you are assuming we do not because we are not on here discussing what you want to discuss all the time.

Haven't you realised yet that others don't answer your posts because you insult people and they don't like that. No-one is going to answer you and discuss things with you when all you do is insult them and say they have no brains and nothing to say!... How to win friends and influence people... I think not!!

I have no problem with anyone starting a discussion on anything they wish and have never ever purported to be a 'guardian' or otherwise of this forum, I, like most others on here, prefer to hold discussions with people who are not slagging me off!!

I have not objected to any discussion you have started and in fact have contributed to some but unless people agree with you in their replies you don't seem to like it much and then accuse them of arguing with you! Very strange if you ask me, I always thought that a discussion involved listening to others' views, even when they differed from yours and discussing the possibilities from all angles... hence, discussing the subject. If everyone agrees with everyone else you have nothing to discuss because you all agree!!

Pick a subject, any subject and start a thread on it asking for opinions from others and if I have any interest in it and any thoughts on it, I will contribute my opinions, as will others. Come on here and start insulting people and throwing your toys out of the pram because we don't agree with you or won't answer you because you are being obnoxious and you will get members like me telling you what we think of your behaviour and informing you that it isn't acceptable... this is my right, just as it is yours, to air my opinions. If you don't like my opinions, tough, go somewhere where everyone agrees with you, if you can find it. Or, stop slagging us off and insulting us, then you won't get me coming back at you telling you to butt out... which, by the way, others have agreed with and so far I have seen no-one on here agreeing with you!!

Stop it being nasty to people just because they don't act as you want them to and say what you expect, then you might just get others being more sociable with you!! Otherwise leave the forum and stop posting, as you have said you are doing on various occasions but still have not done and leave us to post what we want, when we want, without being insulted by you for doing so.
Old 23-May-2013, 00:34
Screamager

Jenonnet, a word. I haven't actually read your post yet, but I will, I promise.
I must apologise. For some reason I thought you were a man. My replies were therefore aimed in that direction. Had I know that you were a lady, they would have been different.
Hey, before you start again, I am not being patronising, had I know you were a lady I would have still said the same things .... just in a different way. I'm an old school gentleman.
What a difference it can make when we talk to people rather than just a name.

Anyway, apology accepted or rejected, I shall now read your post.
Old 23-May-2013, 01:18
Screamager

Wow, what a long post, haven't seen one like that for a long time, well unless it was from me of course. Medication? Well if I can provoke such a post, best I keep taking it.
The old days? I remember them well. Days when one could log in and have much to discuss. Days when one could speak their mind.
My friend (or not) it is you that is fighting me, not 'the people'.
I now know that you are not in fact a man. I also learnt something else, and believe that something I may have said may have given you a distorted view of my opinion. So how can I put this. Let me try this way
I believe that most muslims in this country are good honest and nice people, but I do not agree with our laws being changed to accomodate them. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does.
Anyway. We agree on something, this is a forum, a place for discussion. So, you choose a subject, whatever, be it knitting or atomic fusion, your choice, and let's talk about it. That's all I'm asking.
Old 23-May-2013, 11:47
Foxy Lady

Post Re: How sad

Wow, what a long post, haven't seen one like that for a long time, well unless it was from me of course. Medication? Well if I can provoke such a post, best I keep taking it.
The old days? I remember them well. Days when one could log in and have much to discuss. Days when one could speak their mind.
My friend (or not) it is you that is fighting me, not 'the people'.
I now know that you are not in fact a man. I also learnt something else, and believe that something I may have said may have given you a distorted view of my opinion. So how can I put this. Let me try this way
I believe that most muslims in this country are good honest and nice people, but I do not agree with our laws being changed to accomodate them. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does.
Anyway. We agree on something, this is a forum, a place for discussion. So, you choose a subject, whatever, be it knitting or atomic fusion, your choice, and let's talk about it. That's all I'm asking.
Originally Posted by greatlover View Post
GL, let me take your points one at a time:

1. I have never said you couldn't speak your mind, that's what these forums are for, what I did say was do not slag people off just because they are not answering your posts, or discussing subjects with you as you would like. As it is your choice to post what you wish, it is also their choice to answer or not.

2. What difference does it make whether I am male or female??? The name Jen (as in Jenonnet) and the 'Foxy Lady' underneath should have given you a clue!! Anyway, it shouldn't make any difference. I did not know what gender you were but it didn't make any difference to me, I speak to male & female the same, they shouldn't be differentiated against just because of their genders!

3. I don't think I have a distorted view of your opinions at all. What could I get distorted about you saying,i quote:
I never asked that you either like or agree with things I posted, I expected, or at least hoped that you would respond as an adult, not run away like a scared rabbit. unquote.
Or, quote: Ok. I accept that perhaps you are people that prefer to hide in the back of the cave and say nothing, but I have to ask the question, why on earth have you joined a forum? unquote.
Or even, quote: The 'Scream 'is a gate to the world. But then if you have nothing to offer it ..... well. unquote.
These statements posted by you are very clear, you are assuming that just because others don't answer your posts they have nothing to say and are 'running away like scared rabbits'. That is not being nice, in fact it's downright rude to say such things about your fellow members just because they are not answering your posts. Not everyone has the time to enter discussions a lot, also, some members don't answer posts of certain other members because they don't want to get into discussions/arguments, this is not because they have nothing to say but because they take the adage of 'discretion being the better part of valor' and decide not to reply.

4. What on Earth have Muslims got to do with it??!! I can't remember anywhere in your posts on this thread that you or myself mentioned Muslims!! The issue that prompted my responses to you was to do with your remarks about the other members of this forum, myself included, when you assumed we all had nothing to contribute and was therefore insulting our intelligence! You've been at that medication again... think you really must stop taking it if this is the result!
Old 26-May-2013, 18:23

I don't visit very often, there are other things which take up time (or how I choose to spend time online at least),. I'm not sure anyone resented you or what you said, sorry you feel that way,. the forum was/is (as much as possible) about letting people say whatever in a civil / friendly environment
Old 27-May-2013, 01:23
Foxy Lady

I don't visit very often, there are other things which take up time (or how I choose to spend time online at least),. I'm not sure anyone resented you or what you said, sorry you feel that way,. the forum was/is (as much as possible) about letting people say whatever in a civil / friendly environment
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Hi Silver, long time no hear, nice to hear from you again. Thank you for your input, that was also my point exactly. That's what forums are all about... people saying what they want in a civil and friendly manner, not insulting or slagging off other members because they choose not to reply to posts, for whatever reason.

I'm pleased to see that others agree with me on this. Yes, we all have a right to say what we want but we must also not insult others and try as much as possible to use our manners on here and also have empathy for others... if you don't want anyone to insult you, don't do it to them, should be the rule of thumb to go by.

Thanks for your comments & support. Hope all is going well for you. None of us seem to be able to get on here as much as we used to anymore, it's a pity but a sad fact that life goes at too fast a pace these days, not as much spare time as there used to be. Take care my friend, great to hear from you again.
Old 28-May-2013, 23:07

Hi Jenonnet

I think when ts was new there was far less internet to play on and what little internet there was was new and exciting,. there was a lot to see and a whole new online world to explore and learn about,. there's probably more to learn now than before (I learnt something new today about apache settings on this very web server)

These days, there's things like facebook, twitter and a load of others and spending time online is not the novelty it once was,. that's not to say a forum can't work (I am sure there's a load of really popular well travelled forums for all kinds of stuff)

a general forum is a different proposition and it really needs a direction and a group of people with energy, time and passion to make it something else (and actually the first part it needs would be desire for it to be changed and for me personally I don't mind it like it is - for the most part)

hopefully there's still a few people kicking about to answer the odd and unusual questions that google doesn't know the answer to within the first page and people will pop in now and again.

hope you are keeping well (as I do everyone on ts!)
Old 29-May-2013, 10:24
Foxy Lady

I think you have something there Silver, there is much more out there today than there used to be. Also I think life is running at a faster pace for peeps these days, everything is expected to be done yesterday and that eats into our leisure time, such as it is.

Yes thanks, I am keeping well... much better in fact now I have retired Don't know how I ever found the time to go to work as I'm so busy doing up the bungalow we've just moved into, I don't seem to have a minute to myself!! It's good though, as I can do it at my own pace and it's work for us, not for some large corporation who doesn't give a damn about anything but profits!!
Hope you are doing OK too. Take care my friend. Pop back in sometime & have another catch-up. Jen. xx

Tags
abuse, bad, birthday, facebook, free, google, happy, internet, line, make, offer, online, opinion, settings, talk, twitter, web