Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 20-October-2014, 20:38
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Re: The Spam Line Dancing Thread

My goodness this seems so long in the past but only September

Swimming and aquagym on holiday sorted out knee twisted when lawn mowing. Found a local private pool to continue swimming and it has gym too.

Don't go much on water aerobics - fed up with the beat after twenty minutes and want to do something different. Nice being the only fella in a group of twenty women but my wife, as usual, cramped my style.

Sorting out installing damp proof course and dry rot control.

Hope writing on TS does not increase blood pressure. Today is the day I have to wear a blood pressure monitor to see if I have a phobia about the readings taken by professionals!

Take care
Old 21-October-2014, 20:41
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: The Spam Line Dancing Thread

Sounds as if you've been as busy as me Worldlife.

Karen has high blood pressure and every time she went to have hers checked it was higher than it should be, even with her tablets to keep it down. They didn't once check her to see if she had white coat syndrome.

I bought our own monitor and checked her before she went to the docs to have her check there and it was fine at home but high at the docs. So I told her to get one of the docs at the hospital to check it (she works at the Royal Infirmary here) and it was fine there too. I came to the conclusion that the machines at the docs were faulty.

They insisted that was not the case, until one day for some reason they had to take her pressure manually... guess what, it was fine. So all the time they had been using the machines insisting they were working properly, they were actually giving the wrong readings and they were altering her medication for nothing!! No wonder she ended up being ill at work!!

Just shows that they don't always know what they're talking about, nor do they do what they should when they should, as if she had been checked for white coat syndrome they would have found out a lot sooner that their machines were not calibrated properly!!

Hope you get sorted soon.

H
Old 22-October-2014, 09:59
Safe Sane Consensual

What a bleeding nuisance. Had the tech assistant at the surgery in stitches. As she pulled the airtube out of my shirt and walked away to stretch it with me attached I went "woof woof". As she laughed I said "It's a pity you are not wearing your black corset" Greater hilarity.

After connecting up and starting the monitor surprisingly my blood pressure was quite normal!

What a wonderful person - she even makes taking blood samples a fun session.

Told her about letting my dentist that he was not quite as stealthy in giving an anaesthetic injection as my nurse was at taking blood!
Old 22-October-2014, 10:05
Foxy Lady

Haha!! There you are you see, there's often a good reason for incorrect or higher than expected readings... it's not all down to white coat syndrome. Pleased you got it sorted.
Old 22-October-2014, 10:11
Safe Sane Consensual

Soon off to the gym and swimming pool to make up for the sessions missed yesterday as the monitor was not movement friendly and certainly not waterproof!

Lovely to see you back again pounding the keyboard
Old 22-October-2014, 10:16
Foxy Lady

Enjoy your workout. Thanks for the welcome back, I'm getting there & will hopefully be back to my 'normal' self before long... if you could ever consider me as normal (I think I'm just fine, it's everyone else who's not quite the full ticket!!)
Old 22-October-2014, 10:18
Safe Sane Consensual

See you soon
Old 22-October-2014, 10:25
Foxy Lady

Bye for now, don't go pulling any muscles!!
Old 22-October-2014, 16:04
Safe Sane Consensual

Pulling mussels!!!! - I'd rather just eat them!
Old 22-October-2014, 23:35
Foxy Lady

Euwwww!!!! The only time I had some of them I was ill for days... put me off for life!! Besides the fact, I don't like swallowing slimy things... no, no, no, not nice!!
Old 23-October-2014, 16:33
Safe Sane Consensual

I used to like them - especially the fat Canadian ones - then suddenly I found them revolting, Now I am almost allergic. My stomach churns as I write. uke:
Old 25-October-2014, 19:13
Foxy Lady

Euwwww!!! I'm with you there!! Puke is right!!

Don't like any fish that tastes to fishy, or oily fish... yeukkkkk!!!!
Old 25-October-2014, 20:09
Safe Sane Consensual

I'll trump that - the smell of cooking smoke haddock Yuk!!!

It reminds me of the filthiest food premises I ever inspected. It was a smokehouse at the back of a fish shop in Bethnal Green High Street many decades ago.
Old 26-October-2014, 01:53
Foxy Lady

I love poached smoked haddock but it does leave a fishy smell in the place for ages afterwards... which I don't like!

There's a worse smell though, we had a cat once that insisted on peeing on the cooker at night. Of course it had dried by the next morning, so we didn't notice... until we lit the gas to start cooking...... if you think that haddock was bad you should have been at ours then... it made your eyes water & got up your nose & down your throat!! Was the worse smell out & took days to get rid of!!
Old 26-October-2014, 17:05
Safe Sane Consensual

Not an expert on cat peeing. Do I assume it was a tomcat spraying up high or merely heated female floor puddles?

I once collected some cat poo found in the kitchen of a hotel. The smell came through the sterile jars presented as evidence to the bench. You could see their noses wrinkling
Old 27-October-2014, 14:25
Foxy Lady

Not an expert on cat peeing. Do I assume it was a tomcat spraying up high or merely heated female floor puddles?
Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
No, it was a female cat & we finally found out that it was jumping up onto the top of the cooker and peeing between the gas rings!! .........
Believe me, there's not many smells that's worse than that when you light the gas and it heats the residue dried up pee!! It really made your eyes water!!
Old 27-October-2014, 20:25
Safe Sane Consensual

Sounds like an intelligent puss (if a puss can ever be intelligent).

Maybe you had a tiny gas leak and the cat found that so offensive she trumped the smell!

Have you tried teaching your cat to use the loo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1edDfzluXE

Tags
123, abuse, bad, bbc, car, computer, disrespectful, fashion, flash, google, happy, health, hijack, home, key, law, line, lost, make, minutes, public, shop, talk