Old 05-May-2004, 21:22
SPUD

Default Account lock out

My E-Mail account has been locked at freeserve- er- Wanadoo. Previously I have been able to reactivate it (I no longer subscribe to any freeserve products) but this time the web site seems to have changed. Anybody had the same problem? Is there a way of reactivating my account in the new guise of freeserve?
Old 05-May-2004, 21:30
Zer02004

Have you tried contacting Freeserve - Sorry, Wannadooooo?
Old 05-May-2004, 21:37
SPUD

Yes, this is why I found out how to reactivate the account myself as they wouldnt do it for me.
Old 05-May-2004, 21:53
Zer02004

I'm a little confused here.........
Old 05-May-2004, 22:06
SPUD

OK.
The last couple of times when Freeserve have locked my e-mail account because I wasnt using Anytime anymores (I have swapped to NTL Broadband) I found a way via their web site to reactivate the account. Each time it was locked I reactivated it. However, since they have become Wanadoo the web site seems to have changed its contents a little, thus, as far as I can tell, they are not allowing me to reactivate my account without parting with some dosh.
I was just trying to find out if anybody has had the same problem and/or if they have overcome it?
Old 05-May-2004, 22:18
Zer02004

Aaahhh. I thought that you were saying that you had reactivated it this time.......... Without their knowledge or permission.
Have you tried emailing support?

If your account cannot be retrieved, then I would think that it is closed and the username would be up for grabs again. Try taking out a new payg account in your old username.

If all else fails, take out another payg account with a new username or if you no longer wish to avail yourself of their services, Supanet will allow you to keep an email account indefinitely without ever having to log on via them.
Old 06-May-2004, 09:14
Yorkshire Screamager

Have you clicked on 'Retrieve account' (Top right) on their homepage?
Old 30-May-2004, 15:37
wilko333

I don't think Wanadoo are letting users reactivate freeserve accounts, so that eventually all of their users will become someone@something.wanadoo.co.uk

Tags
broadband, email, lock, mail, web