Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > P2P File Sharing

Old 24-October-2004, 12:29
buckster

Default Re: Azureus freezing ?

Cheers Bluescrew,
After checking for driver updates i installed one for the modem which still left freezing problems. I then got a prog from the msi website to auto update the driver for my "mobo".
Great lovely i thought. Off to prague tomorrow. Set this up and i can play with it when i get back. Downloaded installed . Mmmm Ill give it a try. Frozen again- bugger. Oh well ill just re-start shut down properly and leave it till i get back.
Mmm now windows does not take this long to start. Why does it all look different. Err where is the tool bar. ah - roll back driver . wrong could not get in to control panel.
So to cut a long storey short it was knackered . Noting responding as it should just about managed to back up some photos and then had to re-install xp. Luckily it gave me the option to leave stuff in the my old disk structure folder and i have spent all of this morning trying to get bits recovered.
To be honest mate ive tried everything i can. Im just gonna go for small ish files or not use bit-torrent or live with the freezing.
When i get a bit more compent or install more/different ram it may be different but i do need a stable system and cant be arsed with re-formatting when things go wrong.
Thanks for your though !
Old 26-October-2004, 14:11
Zer02004

First of all, the requirement to install vendor sourced chipset drivers (Motherboard drivers) rather than OS supplied drivers can be critical on some machines. Outdated or incorrect drivers can have a serious impact; particularly on USB perfomance.

Network cards can cause problems so if you don't use it, either physically remove it or disable it if it's onboard. This must be done from the BIOS setup and it will probably be listed under "Integrated Peripherals" or similar.

Last edited by Zer02004; 26-October-2004 at 19:09.
Old 26-October-2004, 16:25
buckster

Cheers Zero,
the bios settings are probably a bit beyond me at the moment. To be honest im not gonna mess around too much with it for a while. It takes a long time for me to get everything back the way i want it and i can do without the stress.
I will probably use WinMX for small stuff and Bittorent for slightly larger stuff but nothing massive and i wont leave it running when i cant keep an eye on it.
Thanks to all who have given me suggestions and help with the problem and im sorry we did not come up with an answer ( not just for me but anyone else who encounters this problem.)
This thread is getting massive now but if i do get a solution i will post it back on here to help others.

Once again

Cheers !!
Old 26-October-2004, 19:15
Zer02004

Have you tried the Azureus forums?

Is there anything reported in the event logs after the system goes down?

Last edited by Zer02004; 26-October-2004 at 19:46.
Old 29-January-2005, 18:03
knolle

I have the same problem.
Running xp pro sp2 on asus a7v whit amd duron 800, 640MB PC 133,
conexant adsl router, realtek rtl8139/810x nic.
newest drivers for all
Java sun 5.0
azureus 2.2.0.2 no plugins
max connections set to 40/80
no firewall
port forwarding enabled
Still crashes if I do more then 1 download

Last edited by knolle; 29-January-2005 at 19:23.
Old 29-January-2005, 21:05
buckster

Knolle,
Ive still got the problem mate. On getting big files (more than 1 gig) i often have to do it in more than 1 sitting so i dont usually bother. On little stuff i just do one at a time and it only happens occasionally. just inconvient really.
If you do find a solution please do get back to me !

On another note you said you are not running a firewall. I dont know if i interpreted it wrong but i really is a good idea to have one running. Your IP address will be splashed all over the net and its just inviting trouble. I run McAffee and get around 2 hits a minuite( not all sinister im sure).

Cheers
Old 29-January-2005, 21:32
knolle

do not Ned firewall I have a entire copy of main hdd just reinstall the copy when I get trouble it takes less then 1 h.
less time it takes to fiddle whit firewalls and antivirus.
still use active scanners and spy, add preventing tools they help a lot.

it seams to be lot of people whit crash problems and no one to help.
I tried limewire bitcomet, bitlord bunch of others always the same problem

Do yours work whit minimum settings. ex 40 connections
Old 30-January-2005, 00:40
buckster

Well firewalls are up to you dude but personally i would not like peps lookin at my s**t.

Ive tried ABC but got same prob. I have tweaked down but the problem seems to be tempermental(?).

Good luck mate
Old 01-February-2005, 01:00
knolle

Smile Re: Azureus freezing ?

well I go this advise at
http://forum2.youceff.com/
from "prometus"

here are 2 things you can try
1. disable disk caching I had some prob with it
2. disable Friendly HASH cheking....

it seams to have helpt
Now I have 6 d/l`s running even played some MOH at the same time
Old 01-February-2005, 03:53
buckster

Cool i will give that a go. Do you know if it has any adverse effects ??
Old 07-February-2005, 03:17
Hawkeye

Cool Re: Azureus freezing ?

Well, better late than never.
Same problems months ago. I tracked it down to Java. Download the win32 package and run OFFLINE. Update Azureus too of course.
If you download MotherBoard Monitor and look at your CPU temperature when azureus is running you should see it way high. This is not normal. Under heavy load, for me it was Java.

Lastly - do you have safepeer plugin installed? If so that takes along time to download ip's. IF you are on dialup (god forbid) it'll be extra slow. It takes at least 10 mins on dsl.
Old 08-September-2008, 20:44
flamingworm

I HAD the same problem ! but I fixed it !
I had deamon tools installed, and apperantly, that was causing the problem, I uninstalled deamon tools en deleted the following files:

* Windows\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys
* Reboot.
* after delete, use regedit and find"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\S ervices\SPTD". .Rightclick for allowing the rights to delete (allow all). after that, it can be deleted

* the same for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ Root\LEGACY_SPTD."

Tags
bad, cards, computer, files, flash, free, hijack, home, international, lock, modem, network, port, screen, settings, software, speed, speeds, speedtouch, tools, virus, windows, wireless, zero, zone, zonealarm