Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > Photo Phorum

Old 06-July-2008, 10:26
canta

Default French Invasion & Aftermath

Yesterday, we witnessed an 'invasion' by Napoleon's troops, and the consequent 'slaughter' of English defenders. Obviously, it was only play-acting, a re-enaction of events at a Napoleonic fort on the English coast - but the audience put their venom into the booing, as the victorious French forces spat at the injured English soldiers and cheered 'Vive La France!' - this met with a chorus of 'Boo, go back to your own country, you &$$&*^$!' from the spectators. It was all light-hearted and friendly banter though. Some pictures from this:

"You are my prisoner." "Au contraire, you are MY prisoner." (Actual conversation between the English and French.)

The French make for colourful targets.

The English dead littered the fort.

The French fire from the shadows. Cowardly, of course.

The courageous English defenders return fire.
Old 07-July-2008, 07:29
Screamager

Default Re: French Invasion & Aftermath

Yesterday, we witnessed an 'invasion' by Napoleon's troops, and the consequent 'slaughter' of English defenders. Obviously, it was only play-acting, a re-enaction of events at a Napoleonic fort on the English coast - but the audience put their venom into the booing................
Originally Posted by canta View Post
Great Fun!

..... but it is a little known truth that the "Last Invasion of Britain" really did take place at Fishguard in in Pembrokeshire in 1797, and legend has it the French were scared in surrendered by a Welsh woman - the formidable Jamima Nicholas!

If you are ever down in Pembrokeshire, go in to Fishguard Town Hall to see a Tapestry of the 'Invasion' that would rival the Bayeux Tapestry.
Old 09-July-2008, 12:55
tattaloop

Default Re: French Invasion & Aftermath

That musket in the last pic goes off like a rocket. I wonder if they kick much

Tags
coast, dead, line, make