Old 16-January-2002, 15:52
Safe Sane Consensual

Exclamation Bring back John Redwood too

Whilst Maggie on her thread is sorting out the industrial situation I believe she needs the help of John Redwood to sort out single mums

Remember this headline?

Redwood Says Single Mums Should Have Babies Adopted

Tory MP John Redwood sparked fury last night by telling single mums: "If you can't afford to feed your kids- give them up for adoption," The Conservative leadership challenger said, "Maybe the girl should consider letting a couple adopt her child to provide the home the baby needs"
News of the World, 13th August 1955
We really need people like him and Maggie Thatcher back in power to ensure we develop into a more compassionate and caring society.
Old 16-January-2002, 16:39
fridgebuzz

I Remember that quote W/L.........(here we go )

John Redwood........there's a name I' d hoped I'd forgotton...

But..............AND this IS a True story........

Did you know........? (hestitates......).........

Oh what the hell........DID You know that he is the result

of an illicit assignation between Oswald Moseley and *AHEM*......

OUR DEAR OLD Queen MUM.........(GAWDDDDD BLESS HER!)....

NO It's true........
Old 16-January-2002, 17:13
RuthUpton

It's no good - I shall have to insist that you two gentlemen become members of Troll City - you are just what we need.
Old 16-January-2002, 17:18
fridgebuzz

Ruth....does that mean you get a "finders fee"?

And......is it full of the ( in a hushed voice).....

"Evicted Ones"......

Or Trollers of that general ilk??

I hope not!
Old 16-January-2002, 19:08
Safe Sane Consensual

In a friendly but slightly menacing voice to ruth

I have heard rumours ruth of your insisting on certain things at Troll City. That is not the way to deal with a member of the Worldlife clan.

You may if you wish submit this proposition in a respectful manner for MY consideration

Furthermore do you really expect ME to visit Troll City the home of at least one ruthless trollop and *AHEM* *AHEM*s !

Last edited by Worldlife; 16-January-2002 at 21:42.
Old 16-January-2002, 19:15
Beep

I suppose the next thread will be called 'Bring Back Norman Tebbit'.
Old 16-January-2002, 19:52
SabeanQueen

Please, No!
Old 16-January-2002, 20:04
Safe Sane Consensual

WARNING this is a test threat and should not be taken seriously,

Watch it SQ or I'll Tebbit you.

Sounds good. Should be very threatening in the right circumstances.
Old 16-January-2002, 20:09
fridgebuzz

SQ here's your answer.......

SCARY isn't IT?
Old 16-January-2002, 20:19
Tony_Keith

Default Mr. W??

Bring back the epitomy of the working class I say.

Good old Harold Wilson!!!.

He was the one that had a first class honours degree and never had a proper job in his life??.
Old 16-January-2002, 20:36
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Bring back Harold Wilson

Unfortunately Tony your proposal is off to a dead start - Google search found me his obituary

Would have been a good idea to have him back for digging up new scandals - could bring the fun back into politics

It has been standard British monarchy fare, for example the ``Profumo Affair'' in 1962-63, to accomplish strategic political objectives via seemingly ``apolitical'' sex scandals. In that instance, the British establishment used a sex scandal, with KGB complications, involving British Defense Minister John Profumo, to bring down the Harold Macmillan government and usher into power a thoroughly ``New Age'' Labourite, Harold Wilson.
http://members.tripod.com/~american_...c/britolig.htm
Old 16-January-2002, 21:48
Tony_Keith

Default ERR

ooops - poor Harold.

He could do it from the grave??

He was prety miraculous??
Old 17-January-2002, 11:45
Safe Sane Consensual

Mrs W/L got a bit shirty last night when we discussed this one.

She spoke of a sort of absolute right of a woman who desired a child to have that child . It was, in her opinion, a biological need for some woman to be fulfilled in this way and financial restrictions should not come into the equation.

I found this case somewhat flawed. (maybe it is the HRT )

If we put the proposal in perspective the woman, particularly if unmarried and no means of support, is asking other people to subsidise by taxes the upbringing of a new child on this overpopulated island.

Surely these subsidies should not be given for accidents (abortion is a valid option) for the whims of the biological needs of the mother.

The prime consideration should be for the future child. Will the child inherit serious genetic disorders from either parent. What will be the cost of dealing with these disorders in the child to be born? What, on an exponential basis, will be the costs of dealing the genetic faults that will be passed onto that baby's offspring.

A decade ago it would have been regarded as an unacceptable trend to give mothers the choice of aborting a Downe's syndrome child.

Will John Redwood's boob lead to useful discussion on eugenics?
Old 17-January-2002, 23:49
fridgebuzz

Eugenics...........

Any parents that havn't at some stage said.......

"They Don't deserve to have kids........"

Or

"They should be sterilised at birth..........."

ARE LYING.

I know we have in response to sickening news reports.....

BUT.......this is only a knee-jerk reaction and very quickly we lose these thoughts........

Eugenetisists (?!? I that right?) Dont lose these thoughts.

We believe that efforts should be put into solving the causes of bad parents.....ignorance......poverty.....etc,,,,,

NOT into ways of sorting out bad parents after they become parents.....
Old 18-January-2002, 00:11
Safe Sane Consensual

Just finished watching "Bitter Inheritance" on BBC2 about a four year girl Bethany unlikely to survive her teenage because of "a self-destruct button written into her genes"

The girl is afflicted by Sanfilippo, a recessive and incurable genetic disorder.

During the filming of the documentary Bethany's mother became pregnant. There was a test available to determine if the foetus would suffer from Sanfilippo and this proved satisfactory.

The mother refused to allow the foetus to be tested for Huntingdon's disease although various members of her family had suffered from this genetic disorder. The reason was that if the foetus had Huntingdon's the mother did not want to know as this would mean she had it too.

With the thought that the baby might well suffer from Huntingdon's disease I couldn't in any way share the jubilation of the family that the foetus was free from Sanfilippo and would not therefore be aborted.

With Huntingdon's Disease in the family would you bring a child into the world without having a check on the foetus?
Old 18-January-2002, 00:24
fridgebuzz

No WAY!

Saw that programme too........

I just think HOW CAN THERE BE A GOD??

So tragic...
Old 18-January-2002, 00:50
Safe Sane Consensual

Also saw the preceding program on Channel 4 "The Trust"

With our daughter being with us today because of the love and care of the staff of an Intensive Care Unit we were able, perhaps more than others, share the stresses of the staff and the experiences of the relatives and patients.

Tony Blair has provided extra beds to meet terrible deficits but we do not have sufficient trained staff to man them.

These people are absolutely devoted to their work. We are just abusing them by requiring them to make decisions about discharging people prematurely or shunting them to other hospitals.

It seems it will take considerable time to build up enough trained staff to man the extra beds. In the meantime there is an almost impossible workload on the remaining staff.

Let's get our fingers out and regardless of cost get staff in - if necessary from Europe otherwise existing overstressed staff will leave and the spiral downwards will continue.

BTW interested to hear a neurosurgeon explain *AHEM* when an aneurism, he was trying to remove from the brain, burst.

Tags
bad, bbc, dead, free, google, home, make, opinion, share