Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 12-November-2006, 19:22
Aimsbury

Default BT Broadband Home Hub - Help Please!

My mum has had nothing but trouble!

Originally on BT Broadband basic, she was having trouble getting connected and then staying connected with the internet. After numerous calls to BT about the phone line and then BT Broadband about the internet connection waiting for a new modem which never did arrive, she decided to upgrade to Bradband Total option 3.

My other half built her a completely new computer - new hard drive, disc drives, memory, the works, and then installed the new BT Home Hub

And still it won't bloomin work! The lights on the hub flash, but won't stay steady on Broadband. It keep coming up with a DSL error. We've used 3 different adsl filter thingies, tried different cables and all sorts.

When you press connect, the little green bars on the toolbar get as far as 3 bars, then it disappears. The green lights on the hub just dance, and won't stay constant.

BT suggested we unplug everything leave it for a while and reboot. We've been doing this for weeks now! Still nothing.

Mum's getting messages saying connection failed.

Does anyone know what the problem is? We've uninstalled it all and reinstalled it, but the problem is just the same as before she upgraded.

She's not very technically minded at all, and neither am I really, I just know a little bit more than her! We're at out wits end now. Paying 26.99 plus 11.99 line rental and it won't bloomin work. It's really hard to try and sort out over the phone when you can't see the errors, and mum doesn't really know what she's looking at!

It says the Local Area Connection is connected, but not the internet.

The phone line works, although if the phone rings, the internet disconnects. BT Phones are adamant that there is no error on the line. BT Broadband can't decide what the problem is. There's obviously nothing written on their standard problem sheet that says "if all else fails, do this"

I'm almost tempted accidently cause damage to the phone line so that they will send an engineer out. I really could do with some good advice

Many thanks in advance
Amy
Old 12-November-2006, 23:36
Optimistic Curmudgeon

Default Re: BT Broadband Home Hub - Help Please!

If you're paying for a service you're not getting you need to complain until BT find the fault and correct it. It DOES sound like a line fault.
Old 29-November-2006, 11:40
hardcore hub

i have the same problem what you need to do is disable the conecction unistall all componants the help programs can be tricky so make sure you uninstall that first then reinstall and enable connection the real problems start when using the usb so use the ethernet
Old 17-December-2006, 23:13
Stotty

It took me one month to get things working. help line was useless and i kept being told to do the same thing. UK team finally sorted things. Something to do with the account setup process. Their systems said all was fine but when they mirrored my account and tried to use the service they couldn't do it. eventually problems rectified.
Old 28-December-2006, 02:05
Leeski

i have a similar problem. my hub stays connected all the while my computer is on. but when i restart the system or shut down and turn it back on, the internet connection is gone and i have to reinstall the hub every single time. any ideas? thanks.
Old 14-October-2007, 09:41
Dean44

Hi People,

I wonder if someone can help, I have BT Home Hub router but different internet provider, I tried to make it work and connect to the internet but I could not,

The hub is telling me here is no internet connection, however the internet provider insisting there is one. And I need to configure my BT home hub.

Can some one help with a idea how to solve this problem.
Old 14-October-2007, 12:01
Screamager

HIya.

If the Hub has not been unlocked from BT, it will not work with any other provider.

I suggest reading the Home Hub unlocking thread in the link below, start from the beginning of the thread, download any needed files and fully understand what you need to do before attempting anything.

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=22917
Old 27-February-2008, 20:58
Buz

Question Re: BT Broadband Home Hub - Help Please!

Since we're having a Homehub help thread, can anyone help me?

My laptop is saying that I have "Limited or No Connectivity". I've had this problem before, and its been solved by simply disconnecting and reconnecting. When I do that now, however, it says "Connection Unsucessful". Any of the Windows help advice doesnt work, I can't find any help on the web (I'm using a different computer right now) or anything.

There's no reason it should just stop working, surely?

Any ideas?

They're all apreciated.
Old 03-June-2008, 08:12
M_C_Moosey

Hi All.

I am also getting the same issues with the internet light / connection on the home hub going out every night. With some experiance I feel that this is just a BT big brother setting and nothing to do with the internet connection. Unfortunately without the internet light being on you are unable to get on line. Does anyone know a way around this? BT No Help desk is a useless as always!!!

With regards to your question Buz, I would say that sounds like a IP issue. Make sure your laptop is set to DHCP from within your network connections. Double click on the network symbol in the task bar that is reporting a limited connectivity and then go to the properties. Double click on the TCP/IP and ensure that the "Obtain IP address automatically" is selected. Ensure that the hub is set to give out IP addresses or just look in the device list to see if your laptop is there.
Old 13-May-2009, 18:16
canary121

yes same here.

broken for three months

it worked for one month

broken now again.

help line is useless!
Old 14-May-2009, 15:34
Optimistic Curmudgeon

Have had BT Internet with home hub 2.0 for 8 months now, but only at 512Kb due to a country exchange !

It has worked consistently and properly in all that time, though I suppose there is always the possibility that now I've mentioned how good it's been, it'll pack up !
Old 19-July-2009, 22:03
DFTskillz

Exclamation Re: BT Broadband Home Hub - Help Please!

Had this problem and the thing is to buy a new router not a hub something different
Old 12-October-2009, 19:16
bonnie 63

Thumbs down Re: BT Broadband Home Hub - Help Please!

ive just ordered total broadband 3 cant get the phone light blue on v2.otype a broadband hub same hub ive always had what a disaster when i ask for help on fine the person not english so frustrating so the hub phone no use at the moment
Old 17-October-2009, 19:07
CopperEye

Ive got the Black Home Hub box and had it for just under a year. I've had the odd problem but was unable to sort out a pattern until recently. I am running apple macs (2 laptops, an IMac and a Apple Time Capsule (a NAS) what I'm finding is that, whilst each device is able to connect to the internet they can't connect to each other - The devices stopped appearing on my finder window (like explorer). For a long time I thought it was the Time Capsule - I had set it to join my wireless network with the right password and its status light glowed green as though it had connected properly but I couldn't see it. I then tried to cycle the power on the Home Hub and as if by magic all the devices appeared on my finder window. The next time these devices disappeared I rang BT and went through a long discussion with this girl. I explained that each device could see the internet but not each other (my IMac has a printer attached as well as disk storage which I want to be able to access across the network) I also told her that when I turned the router on and off they reappeared for a while.

She listened to my description and she said - can you connect to the internet - Yes I replied - "Thats all we work to" or words of that ilk - I said that there was something that didn't work then did when I cycled the power - "I can connect you to a network speciallst team - but this is a subscription service".

I asked "So if I can connect to the internet then you stop there " - "Yes our line is ok but I can connect you to a subscription service"

So there you have it from BT - Ignore what their advertising says - If you can conect to the internet then thats all that matters.

This is what the BT Website says today (17 Oct @ 19:06 GMT)

The wireless BT Home Hub
Connect multiple devices around your home to each other and to your BT Total Broadband connection. Learn more

On this website

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...ON-TOTAL-BB-R1

ITS A CON DONT BELIEVE THEM
Old 10-November-2009, 11:57
viking1170

Coppereye did you ever get this worked out? I am having the same issues with my Time Capsule.

Thanks!

Tags
adsl, broadband, bt, bt home hub, computer, connection, dhcp, files, flash, home, home hub, hub, internet, laptop, lights, line, make, modem, network, new computer, phone, router, sound, web, windows, wireless