Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 04-January-2010, 18:01
mudkipz

Default Re: BT Home Hub and Sipgate

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this is old ground, but I've not found it anywhere else..

I've just been tinkering with a hacked home hub V1 and hub phone on my asterisk setup, using firmware 6.2.2.6. I MAY just have found an answer to some of the issues.

After following the usual methods to get root, turn off updating and set up internal routing, I used voice profile add and voice sip config commands to configure the voip service on the home hub for my asterisk box. No green phone light on the hub, but I did notice the console for my asterisk had printed a message to state in had detected the home hub :

-- Saved useragent "BT Home Hub" for peer **********

Querying asterisk, I discovered the hub was registering with an IP in the 10.0.0.0/24 range. If you look in configuration -> IP addresses and look at the top address of the IP Addresses block, you should see the one I mean. So, a quick change to a spare address on my LAN and Asterisk reports the 172 range address. Another quick change and *blink*, a nice green phone light on my hub.

Hope this helps, sorry if I've bored you, I just want to report the exact details so you can test if needed.
Old 05-January-2010, 13:36
dewisant

Got it sorted now on 6.2.2.6 just started back from beginning and compare settings with my working 6.1.1.M.

Does anyone know how to get the usb port working?
From what I have read the port is set an ip of 192.168.1.253 which is not on my my range of 192.168.0.x ?

It would be nice to use it as a print server and ditch an old one off my network?

dewi
Old 02-March-2010, 14:25
davidw54

Hi mudkipz

You seem to have achieved what i'm trying to do.

I've got the modified Home Hub but cannot get it to register with
asterisk as a SIP extension.

Can you reveal how you did this, presumably in sip.conf?

please?

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this is old ground, but I've not found it anywhere else..

I've just been tinkering with a hacked home hub V1 and hub phone on my asterisk setup, using firmware 6.2.2.6. I MAY just have found an answer to some of the issues.

After following the usual methods to get root, turn off updating and set up internal routing, I used voice profile add and voice sip config commands to configure the voip service on the home hub for my asterisk box. No green phone light on the hub, but I did notice the console for my asterisk had printed a message to state in had detected the home hub :

-- Saved useragent "BT Home Hub" for peer **********

Querying asterisk, I discovered the hub was registering with an IP in the 10.0.0.0/24 range. If you look in configuration -> IP addresses and look at the top address of the IP Addresses block, you should see the one I mean. So, a quick change to a spare address on my LAN and Asterisk reports the 172 range address. Another quick change and *blink*, a nice green phone light on my hub.

Hope this helps, sorry if I've bored you, I just want to report the exact details so you can test if needed.
Originally Posted by mudkipz View Post

Tags
123, adsl, bt, bt home hub, dhcp, dns, flash, handset, home, home hub, hub, internet, key, lights, make, network, phone, port, router, screen, settings, sharing, sipgate, software, speed, speedtouch, tools, vision, voip, web, wireless