Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Virgin Media

Old 14-June-2004, 17:38
simonaward

Default Wescot Debt Collection Centre

I cancelled my NTL Direct Debit back in February (just had enough of NTL's crap) - but carried on using their dialup service and using 1263 to make calls.

I recieved a letter from Wescot Debt Collection Centre last week, basically saying:
"We have been instructed by our client to collect the above balance (96.93) on their behalf".

I called and checked that I wasn't being charged for anything other than my NTL bill because of this, and that I wasn't on any 'bad-credit' lists - and then paid up.

I've been told that NTL will be informed of this and it will be deducted from my bill accordingly.

Just in case anyone else was hoping that NTL might just be so unorganised that they'd not notice getting paid...
Old 16-June-2004, 15:02
DavefraScotland

NTL stopped collecting my direct debit in January but said nothing to me, the first I knew was when I got a dept collection letter, I paid up and was asked if i wanted to continue the service, guess who said no
Old 12-August-2006, 10:52
sjcslk@yahoo.com

Default Re: Wescot Debt Collection Centre

NTL stopped collecting my direct debit in January but said nothing to me, the first I knew was when I got a dept collection letter, I paid up and was asked if i wanted to continue the service, guess who said no
Originally Posted by DavefraScotland View Post
im trying to get in touch with wescot over a debt they say i owe but cant get a phone number for them i would appreciate that if you have it you could forward it to my e mail address

thanks
Old 12-August-2006, 11:15
Screamager

Wescot Credit Services

0141 3005300

64 Oswald Street , Glasgow , Lanarkshire G1 4PL
Old 04-November-2006, 15:17
alunrich

Hi I have been dealing with these people for over 5 years every 18months I get a nasty letter saying I'm not sticking to my arrangement, but I am, I have the paying in slips, but they pay no attention. Is there anything that can be done. I had a letter today saying that they are going to take me to court because I failed to reply to them, yet I have a letter saying thanking me for my reply and thay are looking in to the matter.

What can I do.....PLEASE HELP
Old 06-November-2006, 01:56
我們被注定

If you truly have all the slips in your posession then let them take you to court. It'll be a nice slap in the face for them

"Thinking about what you might not be able to control, only wastes time and energy, till it eventually becomes your enemy."
Old 18-November-2006, 00:38
maggiemay

Angry Re: Wescot Debt Collection Centre

im trying to get in touch with wescot over a debt they say i owe but cant get a phone number for them i would appreciate that if you have it you could forward it to my e mail address

thanks
Originally Posted by sjcslk@yahoo.com View Post
Wescot Credit Services Ltd Tel: 08700240439
Fax:08709023050
Old 25-November-2006, 12:33
tonygretton

A few weeks ago, letters started arriving at my home address, for someone who has never lived here (I've lived here over 30 years), and of whom I have never heard. At first, I simply returned them to sender, but I opened the latest one to see if there was a way I could turn them off. It was a final demand notice to this unknown individual for an outstanding balance on a Littlewoods account (goods purchsed not specified). I phoned the Recovery Office number given (0870 902 0590), and thankfully got through after only a short time on hold. Intriguingly, the woman immediately asked if I was calling about a letter addressed to a third party and, when I said yes, immediately switched on a recorded message with instructions on what to do - I hung up at that point. Why would she make that assumption? Are they trying to frighten innocent people into paying they don't owe, just to get them off their back? If you run an Internet search on Wescot, you will find numerous fora complaining about their methods.

tonygretton
Old 25-November-2006, 12:58
megwump

Tony, I think they do that because it's so common - people move house and don't sort out their details properly or forget to change their address with all the companies they have accounts with.

I would phone them again and listen to the recorded message.

Worst case scenario for you is whether it might affect your credit rating - you can sometimes be associated with the credit history of other people at the same address as you, and if they've got some unknown registered at your address, you could be affected. To check this out, get a credit report from somewhere like Experian and see if anyone elses details are on your report - you can then get them to disassociate those details from yours and you'll be fine.
Old 25-November-2006, 19:10
tonygretton

But it's strange that it should be the company's first assumption, rather than asking for an account number, or if there is a problem with a bill, or even asking for my name. It's as if the number they have given to call is dedicated to callers they know do not owe them any money.

tonygretton
Old 25-November-2006, 19:17
megwump

I think it's just to save time because it's so common. I don't think it's particularly sinister.
Old 15-February-2008, 14:53
andrewgrizz

i am dealing with wescot over a claim for bank charges from abbey national.
i have told them previously that i have a claim for unfair bank charges lodged with the abbey since last year.
today i get a final demand for payment or court action will be taken, so i emailed them again also i have emailed consumer direct for advice on this matter. Its like talking to a brick wall dealing with wescot
Old 01-November-2008, 11:49
pinkkat

i have just moved to this address and recieved a letter from westcote in my name saying expiedia had past my details to them as a possible match for some one they wanted money from,i wrote back saying i didnt know any thing about this and they had wrong address.they now send a threaterning letter saying they will take me to court unless this is payed.so i have just written again to them saying any more letters will go strait in the bin...
i cant be bothered with this kind of harracement as its not my dept
Old 26-January-2009, 09:57
Casper

Hi, I received a letter from Wescott about a debt I owe the bank and I called to explain to them that I do not owe the bank as I never had any credit facilities and did not over draw. They are threatening me with letters about taking me to court and all the rest. How can I pay about 600 to a bank I never borrowed money from? I did not have overdraft or anything. They bank claims l had a charge of about 1 for using my card and then charged interest on interest and that has now grown that big. When I tried to contact the bank about two years ago, they told me I have to deal with the debt collectors. I am about seeking legal advice for the threat and harrassment. What do you suggest?
Old 11-March-2010, 13:24
Cybercat

Cool Re: Wescot Debt Collection Centre

The truth is there is a very simple method of getting rid of any debt collector: put a sticker on the address field of the envelope and write: NO CONTRACT, RETURN TO SENDER.

What you don't know is that debt collectors are third parties and you DO NOT HAVE TO CONTRACT WITH THEM AT ALL! But the moment you reply to their demands, by phone or by letter, you have entered into contract. Nobody is telling you this, because if they did, the slavery system we are in would fall apart.

For persistent letters from debt collectors you can send them a rebuttal. You can find a form of this at www.fmotl.com . I have done this for some time, it works fine. There is more info on fmotll.com about gaining your freedom from the bankster slave masters. Take your life back, and get peace.
Old 12-March-2010, 12:04
I'll get some legs soon..

But the moment you reply to their demands, by phone or by letter, you have entered into contract
What an absolute load of rubbish! A contract is an agreement (usually written but sometimes spoken) between the parties involved. If someone sends you a letter demanding money you don't owe, and you reply to tell them you don't owe the money, you are not - I repeat, not entering into a contract.

The only way you can enter into a contract by replying is if you agree you owe the money and make an offer of payment
Old 26-April-2010, 14:01
taylor

What an absolute load of rubbish! A contract is an agreement (usually written but sometimes spoken) between the parties involved. If someone sends you a letter demanding money you don't owe, and you reply to tell them you don't owe the money, you are not - I repeat, not entering into a contract.

The only way you can enter into a contract by replying is if you agree you owe the money and make an offer of payment
Originally Posted by Mender View Post
hi i have receved a letter this morning o owe money please can i pay by install monts please
Old 27-April-2010, 15:45
I'll get some legs soon..

hi i have receved a letter this morning o owe money please can i pay by install monts please
Originally Posted by taylor View Post
You will have to contact whoever sent you the letter and ask them. Nobody here would be able to answer that question for you.
Old 30-March-2011, 12:13
kitten3000

Hi just had a phone call from Wescot Services for a debt i know nothing about.....they have been bugging me for a month and i told them i know nothing about cleaneasy (?) i told them today when they rang again and they said they were taking me to court and hung up

Tags
123, bad, collection, company, credit, forward, home, internet, mail, make, offer, phone