Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Virgin Media

Old 29-November-2003, 11:41
coolcomp

Angry On dialup again, !!!! Virgin are useless

I am back on my dialup again, cannot connect at all today.
I am really fed up. I want to change to Pipex but the problem I have is that I pay with my credit card, my money is automatically taken each month, unlike a direct debit I can't cancel this at my end, I have to rely on Virgin to do it. Would you trust Virgin to do that!!!!!!! I wouldn't trust them to get anything right.

And have you seen the message asking people to reduce there downloads, to 1Gb. I think all you heavy downloaders, should point me in the right direction of your good downloads
Old 24-December-2003, 00:13
Edge

wel whats the problem your having?
Old 25-December-2003, 01:08
RHP

I would be inclined to "lose" my credit card. All payments will be stopped once reported, and any replacement card will have a different number.
Old 11-January-2004, 20:57
Edge

yes thats right they would....

but the account would not be cancled so you would be paying for a service your not using and trust me it would be so much hassel to do that rather than just cancel your account.
Old 13-September-2005, 08:10
madpop

Default Re: On dialup again, !!!! Virgin are useless

Yep, your account would carry on staying active, and still bill the account each billing date. So if no credit card is attached it will put the account into arrears....so theres no real way to get out of it!
Old 03-January-2010, 19:23
scotsman

Default Re: On dialup again, !!!! Virgin are useless

I tried virgin dial up last year but the charge went on the bt phonebill which when it came in was over 200 the house phone calls and line rental only totalled 60 so therefore virgin were most certainly not charging 1p a min thats for sure.
i cancelled immediately using an internet computer in the library and they told me that some charge would be on the next bill which it was but it wasnt a huge amount
am using a vodaphone payg stick min topup 15 no expiry with the credit not being used within a month unlike other sticks
bit slow sometimes but at least you dont have a bill coming in 15 buys 1gb which is about 40 hours on line, and it is cheap online for three hours uses less than a quid only drawback is it wont download with webcams which time out after a few minutes apparently you need 514mb for webcams
anyone know whether it is possible to speed the download speed up?
any help much appreciated

Tags
bt, computer, credit, internet, line, online, slow, speed, virgin