Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Virgin Media

Old 01-September-2009, 13:19

Exclamation Re: Virgin webmail

jcforrest
Unless you log on frequently most ISP's will delete your account at some point. You cannot expect any ISP to hold your a/c open if they are not getting any revenue from you.
It's not blackmail it's common sense! Oh, and it's not the fault of your current ISP either, they cannot be expected (or are able) to retrieve your email from another ISP.

The one disadvantage of changing ISP's is that you lose your email address. The only way around that is either to use one of the many free email addresses like Hotmail, Yahoo etc or to buy and pay for annualy your own private email address with companies like 1 and 1, Fasthosts etc
Old 01-September-2009, 15:58
I'll get some legs soon..

Default Re: Virgin webmail

Virgin email is only for Virgin customers. You are no longer a Virgin customer, which is why they closed your account. This would happen with any ISP. Once you are no longer a customer, you lose any email addresses associated with that ISP.

As for your comment "the only way I can now get my existing e-mails back is to take a new account with virgin media", that is unlikely to be the case. Once an email account has been closed, any emails that were still on the server will be purged, i.e. gone forever, so even signing up with VM again won't get your emails back, and unless you were extremely fortunate, you would get a new account number, so you wouldn't even have the same email address as before.

It's just the way ISPs work, I'm afraid. They can't supply a service they are not being paid for, nor should they be expected to.
Old 25-January-2010, 12:55
carl meller

Angry Re: Virgin webmail

lets all face the facts here folks! virgin is cheap, slow, frustrating, with shitloads of dropouts all the time?
I have had enough of this crap so called service provider. Been with virgin for years, but no more, goodbye virgin. Going to a proper provider and suggest all with problems to do the same. Then when there numbers drop, they will be forced to lift there bloody game!

regards, carl meller, Tassie.

Tags
email, forward, free, happy, hotmail, internet, isp, line, mail, make, online, orange, phone, security, settings, slow, software, sound, tools, virgin, virus, windows, zero