Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 07-January-2008, 12:20
kaspian

Default Tiscalli upgrade lies

Just before Christmas Tiscali sent me a letter saying "Your FREE broadband speed upgrade"

Great i thought!!!

The letter went on to say that i didn't need to do anything, the upgrade would take place automaticaly.

OR.........

"Would you prefer one of our newer bundle packages?"

"Although we are upgrading your speed in january, you can alternatively choose to upgrade to one of our new FREE Line rental packages, saving you £126 a year compared to bt line rental"

Again great i thought!!!

Reading on... "Here's a taste of whats on offer, Up to 8 meg broadband, FREE anytime UK calls, FREE anytime international calls, FREE phone line rental, all for £19.99 a month"

"Plus, as a Christmas special, upgrade before the 7th of January 2008 and we'll waive the standard £30 set up fee"

So i logged into my account, went to the upgrade page only to discover that this offer was no where to be seen. There was a package offering all of the above except the FREE phone line rental for £19.99

I then called Tiscali customer services, no supprise i was on hold for over 40 minutes. I explained all of the above to the woman who replied "yeah, we can't offer you that anymore"

I said "why not? I have the letter here saying you are offering it to me"

She said "Yeah, we can't offer that to you anymore, to many people have already signed up to it"

I said "well that doesn't seem fair"

She said "nothing i can do about it" and hung up!!!!!!

So basically some customers are getting FREE line rental included in their package and some arn't.... and whats more it would seem that alot of the people that have managed to sign up to this package wern't existing customers like i have been for nearly 4 years.

How is this fair?

I've checked the letter several times including the small print and nowhere does it say that this promotion was only available for a limited time or on a first come first serve basis. Just that if you signed up before the 7th jan that they would waive the normal £30 set up fee that as an existing customer i wouldn't of had to pay anyway...

I wrote a complaint to tiscalli complaints department and no supprise its been 7 days and i havn't heard a thing back, not even a recognition of the complaint.

One more quote from the letter that makes me laugh "Our top priority is always to bring you the best value packages"

Erm..... so why can't i have that package i want then?

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 08-January-2008, 17:39
TheARC

Default Re: Tiscalli upgrade lies

Hi,

Sorry to here of your trouble.

I think the main lie you have been told here is the

"Yeah, we can't offer that to you anymore, to many people have already signed up to it"

This is completly rubbish. and also extremly bad service!

I would guess the real reason for lack of upgrade path for you is the lack of tiscali's own equipment in your local telephone exchange. For Tiscali to be able to control of your telephone line so that you no longer pay BT any more. it is essential that your excahnge is LLU Enabled.

This can be checked at the following site

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

Enter your telephone number, click check.

You will be presented with the following

The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale SDSL
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Pipex LLU
Tiscali LLU <<<<<<--------This is what you want to see
Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
Virgin Media (Cable) may be available
21CN PSTN migration due Apr-Jun 2010
Many thanks

Andy
Old 08-January-2008, 18:27
kaspian

Hi Andy, thanks for your advise.

I checked my details at the link you supplied and it would seem that my line is indeed Tiscalli LLU enabled.

Also when i phoned pretending to be a new customer i was also told this package was not available.

Do you think that because Tiscali have failed to even acknowledge the complaint i emailed them over 7 days ago, i could go straight to CISAS ?

Their code of conduct has 5 levels of complaint procedure that is supposed to be carried out before contacting the onbudsman.

"Once you have a response from our General Manager, if you remain dissatisfied with our attempts to resolve the issue, you can contact CISAS, the Independent Ombudsman"

"Please note that CISAS can only help if you have given us an opportunity to resolve any issues"

"Our Complaint Escalation Process

Step 1 Customer Service
Representative

Step 2 Customer Service
Senior Representative

Step 3 Complaint
Management Team

Step 4 Customer Service
Manager

Step 5 General Manager

Step 6 CISAS "

How am i meant to follow this if they don't even answer me in any way at step 1????

Thanks.
Old 09-January-2008, 12:31
TheARC

Hi,

If you dont get an answer that is not a problem as long as you can prove that you made the effort to go through the correct channels.

Do you still have the original email for the offer..

I think you should contact complaints and raise it with them.

Again as long as you can prove

1. you were offered.

2. You requested the offer.

(on another check the email has no notes indicating that it is limited.. i.e. first come first served sort of thing.. if so then it could be that you did just miss the boat.

Cheers

Andy
Old 10-January-2008, 14:25
kaspian

Hi again Andy.

Thanks for you continued intrest.

Like i said in my 1st post, it was a letter they sent me and yes i still have it. I have scanned the letter and sent a copy to Tiscali complaints along with my complaint 3 times now. They simply do not even acknowledge i have made a complaint...

I have a copy of all the emails i have sent them.

And again like i said in my 1st post "I've checked the letter several times including the small print and nowhere does it say that this promotion was only available for a limited time or on a first come first serve basis"

Really i think i should just stop waisting my time and cancel my subscription but having read posts on this forum it would seem thats not an easy thing to achive where Tiscali are concerned either. Also that just means they've won.

It just pee's me off that some customers are essentially being screwed of a £126 a year saving. And i wonder just how many of their customers are aware of this? And if they'de happily stay with Tiscali if they knew?

Cheers

Lee
Old 10-January-2008, 17:29
TheARC

Hi,

If you have followed the correct process..

Then you are in a position to take it to the next level should you wish.

So if you wanted to report to CISAS then you are indeed correct to do so.

If im honest i dont know how you do this? if it were me i'd be posting a letter rather than email to CISAS include a copy of the letter you recieved giving a full breakdown. but also send a copy of every thing you send them to Tiscali also. Just be sure to note on the letter to CISAS that copys of everything you have sent them have been sent to tiscali also.

Im not sure how tiscali complaints procedure works any more im afraid its been a while now and have not had any dealings on this side for over a year. im surprised you have had no response though. not doubting you in anyway so please dont misunderstand that.

Many thanks

Andy
Old 11-January-2008, 13:14
kaspian

Thanks for all your input Andy.

It would seem i'm not the only one having this problem as you can see from Worthyone's post here:

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t25730-2.html?

Although they seem to have given him a different excuse as to why he can't upgrade.

Cheers.
Old 11-January-2008, 13:30
kaspian

WoW Tiscali complaints department have responded to my complaint!!!!!

All be it a wholey unsatisfactory response!

Re: complaints [Incident: 080104-001988]

Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

I can only apologise about the issues that you have had.

After having a look at your account it is showing that the free line rental package is not avaiable in your area, I can only apologise that you were informed differently.

Kind regards,

Steven Smith

==================================================

I have replied with below for all the good its going to do me..........

Could you please elabourate on your bellow answer?

Like as to why free line rental packages are not available in my area?

And if they are likely to be available in my area in the near future?

Its strange because having done a bit of research it would seem that my line/area is infact Tiscalli LLU enabled. This is what i believe is required for you to be able to take over my line rental is it not????

I look forward to your response.

Last edited by kaspian; 11-January-2008 at 13:32. Reason: spelling
Old 11-January-2008, 13:42

It is not sufficient that the exchange is LLU enabled. Equipment has to be available to carry voice and broadband rather than just broadband.
Old 11-January-2008, 17:39
TheARC

It is not sufficient that the exchange is LLU enabled. Equipment has to be available to carry voice and broadband rather than just broadband.
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

If this is correct then my understanding is a little out.. in which case i would have to apologize for the misunderstanding.
Old 11-January-2008, 17:42
kaspian

Hmmmm prehaps 'the guest' would like to elabourate a little......
Old 12-January-2008, 13:59
kaspian

THis is just becomming unbelievable!!!! I have had another reply from Tiscali complaints department, it reads as follows:

I apologise for you having to request for more information with regards to the availability of line rental in your area. I am afraid your exchange has not been upgraded to accept free line rental. Discount is available at only £8.24 in order to allow free line rental to come threw us. Currently no telephone calls are coming threw us you have broadband only.

Kind regards,

Pat Pollock

==================================================

So i have replied:

Hi, Ok so i understand you say there is no Free Line Rental available in my area.

In your last email you said "Currently no telephone calls are coming threw us you have broadband only"

My existing broadband package is: Tiscali up to 2mg plus anytime TALK and has been for years now...........

Now if you are saying that "Currently no telephone calls are coming threw us you have broadband only" This means i having been paying for a service that is not yet available in my area yet, and have been doing so for a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!Also if i log into my account i can upgrade to broadband, phone and tv. If its not available how is this possible???

This is simply unacceptable. I will be applying for a full refund of the ammount extra i've been paying for the duration i've had this package and any other previous package which has surposed to of included calls.

If this situation isn't resolved in full i shall be contacting Trading Standards and the ISPA.

Last edited by kaspian; 12-January-2008 at 14:03. Reason: Had to correct grammer and spelling of Tiscali customer service repesentative... lol what a surprise!
Old 12-January-2008, 17:22
biker

Hmmmm prehaps 'the guest' would like to elabourate a little......
Originally Posted by kaspian View Post
With out trying to put words into his mouth, I think he's talking about the different kit in the exchange. They have LLU supplied via SMPF which means they share the line with your line rental provider. Or, LLU over MPF where they supply any and all services available, i.e. both BB and Line rental.
It sounds like you only have LLU over SMPF hence no free line rental.
Old 12-January-2008, 19:08
keef737

Ps I complained to the ISPA 4 times although I got an automated repsponse back acknowledgeing my e mail they basically did nothing I would suggest not to contact them they are a trade organisation representing ISP`s not customers I would consider them to be a deflection
Old 16-January-2008, 15:21

With out trying to put words into his mouth, I think he's talking about the different kit in the exchange. They have LLU supplied via SMPF which means they share the line with your line rental provider. Or, LLU over MPF where they supply any and all services available, i.e. both BB and Line rental.
It sounds like you only have LLU over SMPF hence no free line rental.
Originally Posted by biker View Post
Sorry all, have not revisited the site for a couple of days. Biker sums it up really. Wholesale Line Rental could play a part with SMPF but the economics are not the same as I understand it so that would explain why its offered 'free'.
Old 16-January-2008, 16:18

sorry again, that should have read "...why its NOT offered free"
Old 26-June-2008, 19:17
Fish

Thumbs down Re: Tiscalli upgrade lies

We have been waiting for Tiscalli broadband for 3 month and still nothing is set up. During the telephone conversation niece lady said the same sentence!!! "There is too many people was offered this promotion.” This is a standard marketing answer.
At the end they advice us to check the line from time to time.
It is incredible!!! My recommendation for the potential customers is to omit Tiscalli.http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/i...ons/icon13.gif

Tags
adsl, aol, bad, broadband, bt, cable, christmas, email, forward, free, free broadband, international, line, mail, offer, phone, share, sky, speed, talk, talktalk, tiscali, tiscali complaints, virgin