Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 07-December-2008, 20:50
bthubuser

Default How to Setup Sipgate on BT2700HGV

Here's how I've set up my BT2700HGV with two sipgate numbers. I am using BT firmware v5.29.117.6 - it may work with earlier versions, I don't know. It will definately NOT work with the singtel version.

Open Internet Explorer or whatever you use, enter in the address box http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J62 and press ENTER

Note: If you have changed the IP address of the hub substitute it above.

You should see the following page.....

If you have any profiles already click the edit button and enter the details for each profile in turn as shown and click the submit button on the edit page to save your entries. The profile name should be your 7 digit sipgate number. I have masked mine with three red XXX.

If you don't have any profiles yet click the ADD button and add them.

Before leaving the 'Voice - Configure Server' page (J62) make sure that both profiles, or one if you are only using one, are checked and click the SUBMIT button at the bottom/right of the page.

The rest of the setup is done from the hubs normal front page so just go to http://192.168.1.254 and click the voice network icon at the top of the page.

In Line Settings click on 'Step 2: Set Up Phone Lines' to get to this page...

Click the Edit button for each line in turn and enter your details on this page.....

For Username and Auth Username use your 7 digit sipgate number. For callerID you can use your full PSTN number or tick the Anonymous box. When entering your password remember it is case sensitive. Save your entries by pressing the SUBMIT button.

Before clicking the NEXT button on the Line Information page make sure one or both lines are active by checking the box under activate.

Click NEXT again and then click DONE. Your 'View Voice Network' page should now look like this.

If the bandwidth is set to low change it to high.

Good Luck
Old 08-December-2008, 09:11
BritBrat

Default Re: How to Setup Sipgate on BT2700HGV

Nice I was going to post something like that once I get it working, you have said a few things I may have had wrong "The profile name should be your 7 digit sipgate number." I thought it would not matter what the profile name was.

This same information is also around pages 14 and 15 of this thread.
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t22658-28.html?

Thanks.
Old 08-December-2008, 11:44
bthubuser

It probably doesn't matter what you use for a profile name, I just thought I'd keep it simple to avoid any confusion.
Old 08-December-2008, 13:20
BritBrat

Just tried again and failed with firmware 5.29.107.12.

I have tried to update to 5-29-107-19 but it would not take it.
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t27919.html?

As I undestand it the only full firmware upgrade for BT is the 5.29.107.12.

I think my issues are the different firmware unless someone can confirm they have it working with the 5.29.107.12?

This is my upgrade history:

Upgrade Log
Initial Software Version:
singtel-moip.reinstall_voice_adsl: 5.29.117
bt-2700hgv.reinstall_voice_adsl: 5.29.107

Looks like I had 5.29.117 at sometime, maybe a reset and see what happens.

Last edited by BritBrat; 08-December-2008 at 13:28.
Old 30-December-2008, 14:04
eug647

Thumbs up Re: How to Setup Sipgate on BT2700HGV

Hi there.

I just tried and my VOIP is working very good. Well done!!! Thank you very much for the instruction! I just used instead IP - the VOIP SIP server address instead the number.
Old 02-March-2009, 14:00
lawman670

Ok, so I've got a dialtone and I can dial 0800 numbers, but anything else including the 10000 test number fails to dial.

My phone also isn't ringing when I've got an incoming call.

Should I be putting the stun and ntp info somewhere? can anyone offer me any solutions please?

thankyou in advance
Old 06-March-2009, 00:47
bthubuser

It sounds as though you are getting BT dial tone on the fall-back. Check through the instructions again and make sure you got the activate boxes checked where needed, and you do in fact see Fully Functional on the VoIP page.
Old 20-March-2009, 18:11
virgo17

I have managed to set up VOIP fine on my 2700HGV both with Sipgate and Voip.Co.UK. I just have one small niggle.

When an incoming call arrives my DECT phone rings fine but does not display the number of the caller. However, after the call is over I can find the callers phone number in my phones list of calls. This happens with two different DECT bases stations of different makes. Both DECT base units work perfectly when using a PAP2 ATA as the VOIP adapter.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the protocol used to present CLI to the phone from the 2700HGV but I don't think I can change it. (I know I can in the PAP2 ATA).

Anyone else have this problem or is your CLI perfect?

Thanks.
Old 30-September-2009, 17:03
Gopal

Do I need to open a account with sipgate.co.uk inorder to get this working? The internet via talktalk ISP is working fine.

This is the first time I am setting up VOIP on the BT2700HGV router.

Many thanks for your help.
Old 22-November-2009, 10:56
iamsam

Do you need a sipgate account - yes

Have tried configuring sipgate and outgoing calls work fine. However, had no success with incoming calls. Tried both 5.29.107.19 and 5.29.117.6 firmware versions without luck. The device also registers with sipgate servers. Trying to call the device from the sipgate web interface does not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-January-2011, 01:10
emaphic

HI There,

Can i have the screenshots as i have the same firmware revision and not getting very far.

Here's how I've set up my BT2700HGV with two sipgate numbers. I am using BT firmware v5.29.117.6 - it may work with earlier versions, I don't know. It will definately NOT work with the singtel version.

Open Internet Explorer or whatever you use, enter in the address box http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J62 and press ENTER

Note: If you have changed the IP address of the hub substitute it above.

You should see the following page.....

If you have any profiles already click the edit button and enter the details for each profile in turn as shown and click the submit button on the edit page to save your entries. The profile name should be your 7 digit sipgate number. I have masked mine with three red XXX.

If you don't have any profiles yet click the ADD button and add them.

Before leaving the 'Voice - Configure Server' page (J62) make sure that both profiles, or one if you are only using one, are checked and click the SUBMIT button at the bottom/right of the page.

The rest of the setup is done from the hubs normal front page so just go to http://192.168.1.254 and click the voice network icon at the top of the page.

In Line Settings click on 'Step 2: Set Up Phone Lines' to get to this page...

Click the Edit button for each line in turn and enter your details on this page.....

For Username and Auth Username use your 7 digit sipgate number. For callerID you can use your full PSTN number or tick the Anonymous box. When entering your password remember it is case sensitive. Save your entries by pressing the SUBMIT button.

Before clicking the NEXT button on the Line Information page make sure one or both lines are active by checking the box under activate.

Click NEXT again and then click DONE. Your 'View Voice Network' page should now look like this.

If the bandwidth is set to low change it to high.

Good Luck
Originally Posted by bthubuser View Post

Tags
adsl, bt, bt2700hgv, firmware, hgv, hub, internet, isp, line, make, network, offer, phone, router, settings, sipgate, software, talk, talktalk, voip, web