Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL

Old 27-May-2010, 17:37
kimrogers5

Wink AOL - supply of goods and services act in brief

as above thread and promised, details of the above Act sent to me by my local consumer/trading standards office.

KIM

No. 7 Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982

When you have services carried out, you have rights against the trader under the Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982/ Common Law Scotland. This provides that work should be carried out with reasonable care & skill, for a reasonable charge (unless the price is fixed by contract), and within a reasonable time (unless the time scale is fixed by contract). It also provides that any goods & materials supplied as part of the service should be of a satisfactory quality i.e. free from defects.

If the trader has failed to fulfil the above requirements then he should come back and rectify the problem, without additional cost. *

* Additional costs may be reasonable depending on the use of the goods.

Use the following template to write a letter of complaint to a workman or seller if they have provided poor services or supplied faulty goods as part of a service.

Please note that there are many different issues which can arise from sub-standard services. This template is to be used for guidance and may not suit your specific situation. If you require more detailed advice & guidance, please call Consumer Direct on 08454040506

Tags
aol, free, law