Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 22-January-2014, 00:21
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: Random Thoughts or Things That Seem Too Pointless to Post Elsewhere

Jenonnet -I am so glad to hear you are happy in your lady garden

Maybe a weed proofed patch is better than a messy bed maintained by a failing male gardener.

With so many gardens now in the hands of single women I have noticed there does seem to be an increase in the number of lady gardeners around.
Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
There isn't any increase as such Worldlife, it's just that most lady gardeners are now 'out and proud' of the fact that they are, instead of having to hide away... a long awaited and far better state of affairs than the way it used to be.
Old 22-January-2014, 05:37
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Re: Random Thoughts or Things That Seem Too Pointless to Post Elsewhere

Our gardening club attracts many members travelling a long distant to come out to our various activities.

Sometimes there are too many woman at club meetings and a fella can feel out of place.

The last talk at our club was about trimming bushes. It was great to hear the views of the lady professional gardeners against those of the men who were mainly amateurs.
Old 22-January-2014, 14:06
Foxy Lady

Our gardening club attracts many members travelling a long distant to come out to our various activities.

Sometimes there are too many woman at club meetings and a fella can feel out of place.

The last talk at our club was about trimming bushes. It was great to hear the views of the lady professional gardeners against those of the men who were mainly amateurs.
There's definitely nothing better than a well kept, well trimmed bush Worldlife!! Speaking from experience, they're much easier to handle!
Old 22-January-2014, 15:18
Safe Sane Consensual

There's definitely nothing better than a well kept, well trimmed bush Worldlife!! Speaking from experience, they're much easier to handle!
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
Yes there is so much to learn - some prefer mains electric or battery powered tools and others prefer to do the job by hand. Some even pull the new growth out at the roots! It was suggested that warm bitumen would help confine the area of the bush. Once set it can be pulled away to reveal the bare ground devoid of vegetation

Vic
Old 23-January-2014, 09:15
Foxy Lady

Yes there is so much to learn - some prefer mains electric or battery powered tools and others prefer to do the job by hand. Some even pull the new growth out at the roots! It was suggested that warm bitumen would help confine the area of the bush. Once set it can be pulled away to reveal the bare ground devoid of vegetation

Vic
Hmmmm, not so sure about the warm bitumen but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near my bush with an electric or battery powered clipper!!

Hand trim only, it's the best way to have complete control and get the desired effect... although I have at times pulled growth out at the roots!!
Old 23-January-2014, 10:54
Safe Sane Consensual

Hmmmm, not so sure about the warm bitumen but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near my bush with an electric or battery powered clipper!!

Hand trim only, it's the best way to have complete control and get the desired effect... although I have at times pulled growth out at the roots!!
Well at the garden club all seemed to agree that warm bitumen was the only way to deal with any growth behind the main bush as it avoids little stumps that would grow up after pruning. For obvious reasons the use of pruning knives or shears for dark places was not recommended.
Old 23-January-2014, 23:13
Foxy Lady

Heaven forbid that I should ever let sharp shears or pruning knives anywhere near the deep dark areas behind my bush... not nice to be so drastic with such delicate growth.
Old 24-January-2014, 04:44
Safe Sane Consensual

Wonder if you are now thinking of an expensive Brazilian honeymoon?

I have been given the following advice. "Sometimes, particularly in less well maintained back gardens, there can be plant growth seeking escape from cloches."

This can be acceptable in the home garden but elsewhere others insist that the plant growth is kept under cloches.

Cloches come in different widths and sizes and it is important to get one that is adequate for the size and shape of the plant.

Old 24-January-2014, 22:06
Foxy Lady

Well my back garden is most definitely well maintained, I consider it important to ensure it is maintained and kept neat & tidy at all times as this facilitates ease of entry and exit with less hassle whilst there.

As there are no escapee growth, no cloches, of any size, are needed anywhere near my back garden.
Old 25-January-2014, 07:12
Safe Sane Consensual

Looks like it is time to get my dibber and do some planting in the back garden.

Do your prefer bedding plants or something else?
Old 25-January-2014, 11:34
Foxy Lady

Looks like it is time to get my dibber and do some planting in the back garden.

Do your prefer bedding plants or something else?
In the beds, along the borders, dotted among the lawn, everywhere and anywhere it has the greatest effect and attracts pollination... I'm not really that picky, just as long as we get a great show and the desires effect.
Old 25-January-2014, 17:08
Safe Sane Consensual

A south facing front garden attracts many insects that will help pollination.

The back garden is not so warm and tends to be dryer.

I think you will find that fertilisation is more likely to happen in the front garden. To succeed in the back garden will be quite demanding!
Old 25-January-2014, 17:28
Foxy Lady

Hmmmm, suppose that depends just which way your back garden is facing... mine has sun shining out of it most of the day. Once the initial groundwork is completed, pollination will take care of itself. Doesn't really matter anyway, as long as the desired effect is achieved it works.
Old 26-January-2014, 15:45
Safe Sane Consensual

Maybe Silhouette would like a garden survey.

I would be happy to do the front and let Jen do the back or even vice versa
Old 26-January-2014, 19:12
Foxy Lady

Maybe Silhouette would like a garden survey.

I would be happy to do the front and let Jen do the back or even vice versa

We could even swap part way through, so silhouette got the benefit of our different approaches in both areas???
Old 26-January-2014, 20:26
Safe Sane Consensual

We could even swap part way through, so silhouette got the benefit of our different approaches in both areas???
Think we should leave that up to Silhouette. It will certainly get the job done quicker if one of us does the front garden and the other the back. Do we have time for a tea break? Guess that might depend on the weather and if it is threatening to rain.
Old 30-January-2014, 09:20
Foxy Lady

There seems to be no decision one way or the other from silhouette right now... maybe he's gone into the garden to get inspiration?????
Old 30-January-2014, 16:31
Screamer

Silhouette is off 2 buy pesticide!
Old 30-January-2014, 18:28
Safe Sane Consensual

Silhouette is off 2 buy pesticide!
Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
I am not sure how that reminds of a training experiences as a youngster.

Working in a health Department a young woman came in for advice on crabs.
Decided she was not talking about a crustacean from the fishmongers,
Think I saved a marriage by assuring her that she need not necessarily have got the crabs from her husband. Looked up the book after she had left and found she was not talking about scabies that I had studied fully!!!!

That's what you call lateral thinking - hedge trimming, pesticides and crabs.
Old 30-January-2014, 23:03
Foxy Lady

It never ceases to amaze me the way people's minds work!!

Maybe we should start a whole new thread on word association???
Old 31-January-2014, 16:35
Safe Sane Consensual

<snip>
Maybe we should start a whole new thread on word association???
Maybe? We have!

See I have even gone for smiley association too
Old 02-February-2014, 11:29
Foxy Lady

Maybe? We have!

See I have even gone for smiley association too

Well I convinced myself of the sense of it & decided to do it without any further consultation!! ...... I do thinks like that!
Old 02-February-2014, 16:26
Safe Sane Consensual

Well I convinced myself of the sense of it & decided to do it without any further consultation!! ...... I do thinks like that!
such independence! It has been downhill ever since women got the vote and burned their bras
Old 03-February-2014, 00:41
Foxy Lady

such independence! It has been downhill ever since women got the vote and burned their bras
I know!! Terrible isn't it?? Women actually thinking for themselves and making decisions off their own backs!! Whoever heard of such a thing!!

Whatever will happen next?? Before we know where we are they'll be wanting equal pay for equal work (still not attained after years of trying!)... when will it all end??!!
Old 03-February-2014, 09:58
Safe Sane Consensual

<snip>
Whatever will happen next?? Before we know where we are they'll be wanting equal pay for equal work (still not attained after years of trying!)... when will it all end??!!
When the men are all out of work because of part-time women sharing their full time jobs at much lower pay

When there are fewer stable relationships (whether het or gay) and kids become the responsibility of the state rather than parents

When it is again appreciated that the love and bonding of a child with mother is more important than working in a shop at low pay to enable purchase of cigarettes or luxury goods

When we understand whether or not bonding of child with mother is equal to or better than the bonding of child with father

......... but most of all we make this Country, for both children and the elderly, a place where you go out at any time of the day feeling safe without being threatened
Old 03-February-2014, 20:50
Foxy Lady

On the subject of men being out of work because of part-time women sharing their full time jobs at much lower pay... the women should be paid the same wage as men and the men should get used to being at home doing their share and bonding with their children.

Not all women who work (for lower pay or otherwise) smoke or go out buying luxury goods with their pay... the majority of them would much prefer to be at home with their children instead of having to work to bring in more money in order to be able to live and pay the bills because their husbands/partners are not earning enough to make ends meet.

On the last item... to make this Country, for both children and the elderly, a place where you go out at any time of the day feeling safe without being threatened... so say all of us!!
Unfortunately, I can't see that ever happening, especially since we now let everyone into our country, wherever they are from and whatever culture they follow, which means that our standards are not the same as theirs and what behaviour we consider unacceptable is perfectly acceptable to them!
Old 04-February-2014, 00:51
Safe Sane Consensual

Well instead of giving benefits to immigrants and operating a free tourist national health service perhaps some of that money should be diverted to helping UK citizens who wish to stay at home and nurture children being able to do so.

If parents work share I do not think that two part time jobs will provide the equivalent of one well paid full time job where traditionally one partner had sufficient income to maintain a family.

I believe now in many cases where one partner has a professional career the decision of who is to work and who is the maintain the house is dependant on the earning potential rather than gender or preferences.

Some jobs are so badly paid that the worker has to rely on some form of government allowance or concession or local authority dispensation to make ends meet
Old 04-February-2014, 21:15
Foxy Lady

I wholly agree that the decision of who should work and who should stay at home caring for the children should be made according to who brings the most money into the household, it's common sense to have the biggest wage earner as the main provider, unfortunately, these days a family can't manage on one wage alone and the other partner, of whichever gender, also needs to work to top up the main earner's wage and help bring in enough to live on.

I think the main reason a lot of wages are so bad these days is because there are so many immigrants now living in this country who will happily work for less than the legal minimum wage that they are now employed at those meagre amounts and the natives of this country have been forced to take work for the minimum wage because employers will not pay more when they can get others to work for less.
Old 04-February-2014, 22:21
Safe Sane Consensual

What a lovely end to the evening having Jen agree with me....

Old 05-February-2014, 13:57
Foxy Lady

What a lovely end to the evening having Jen agree with me....

But of course I do, in the end, usually... (that's if you're behaving yourself!)

Tags
battery, bt, cool, dead, deals, fake, fashion, free, happy, health, home, internet, law, lights, line, lost, make, public, security, share, shop, sound, survey, talk, tools