Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 07-May-2014, 00:35
Foxy Lady

Smile Not a lot going on these days... Helloooooooo!!!

Well, there doesn't seem to have been any action much since I've been away. Thought I'd have a lot of catching up to do but there isn't one thread to answer!!

Where is everyone??

Helloooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-May-2014, 15:44
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Re: Not a lot going on these days... Helloooooooo!!!

So so quiet! Lays some cushions on the floor of TS and places a bottle of champagne in the ice bucket. Fancies his chances now with Jen after seeing a bearded person in a dress winning the Eurovision Song Contest

Old 11-May-2014, 17:12
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: Not a lot going on these days... Helloooooooo!!!

So so quiet! Lays some cushions on the floor of TS and places a bottle of champagne in the ice bucket. Fancies his chances now with Jen after seeing a bearded person in a dress winning the Eurovision Song Contest

Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
Rofl !! cushions are nice but not sure about on the floor... doesn't do the old knees much good these days & as for the champagne, never have held much store by it, I'm more a Southern Comfort and lemonade girl (won't cost you as much as champers though!!)

As for the Austrian on Eurovision... it gave me such a shock Vic, couldn't really get my head round what was happening at all there!!

I've decided that even after all these years I am still quite naive!! Just when I'd decided that I was finally worldly wise and nothing could shock me anymore!!

I mean, just WHAT was all that about??? If he's transgender then he's a man who is wanting to be a woman, or a woman who is wanting to be a man... either way, he just wouldn't walk round being half and half!! So all I can presume is that he's a drag artist... but why oh why does he have the beard and moustache too?? It just isn't right!! Looks bloody awful.

Just goes to show there's nowt as queer as folk!!
Old 12-May-2014, 09:07
Safe Sane Consensual

Walks back to the car and returns with a sun lounger wide enough for two people

Finds a bottle of Chivas Regal and hopes it will be a good substitute for Southern Comfort
As for the Austrian on Eurovision... it gave me such a shock Vic, couldn't really get my head round what was happening at all there!!

I mean, just WHAT was all that about??? If he's transgender then he's a man who is wanting to be a woman, or a woman who is wanting to be a man... either way, he just wouldn't walk round being half and half!! So all I can presume is that he's a drag artist... but why oh why does he have the beard and moustache too?? It just isn't right!! Looks bloody awful.
Agree completely but there is a school of thought saying people should be accepted as the person projected by their behaviour, gender, body, clothing and personality. If lesbian what are his chances of meeting a similar lass and what would be the appearance and gender of the would be partner ?

As a male I prefer naked cheek to cheek (that is face to face!) and a beard would stop those delightful sensations. It must be awful to have a stubbly beard next to beautiful cool skin.

Old 12-May-2014, 10:30
Foxy Lady

Walks back to the car and returns with a sun lounger wide enough for two people

Finds a bottle of Chivas Regal and hopes it will be a good substitute for Southern Comfort

rofl... you're nothing if not determined and resourceful !! As I've never had Chivas Regal I can't guarantee it would be a good substitute, in fact, why substitute anything?? There's nothing better than the original where drinks are concerned.

I don't for one minute think he's a lesbian... none of us would ever dream of wearing a beard and moustache!!

I'm all for accepting the person projected by their behaviour, gender, body, clothing and personality but that's taking things a tad too far for my liking... it's soooo confusing!!

He looks and sounds like a woman but the face fuzz denies that assumption... so then, if he isn't a woman and sports all that face fuzz, what exactly is he and why is he deliberately looking half and half??!! I'm saying 'he' because with all that facial fur my brain tells me that's what he is... but who's to know?? Does he know??? I'm not so sure about that!!

I'm with you on the skin to skin thing, I hate hairy, it takes away all that sensual feeling of smooth skin on smooth skin.
Old 17-May-2014, 17:26
Trance Addict

I haven't been on for a while as I've been mending all my PC's, they all apart from our laptops have something wrong with them. Just currently doing an upgrade on Donna's PC because it was really slow, and looks like the problem after all was the hard drive.
Old 18-May-2014, 21:29
Foxy Lady

Thumbs up Re: Not a lot going on these days... Helloooooooo!!!

Hi Behemoth, nice to hear from you.

I can see you've had your hands full... I had to sell my 3 PC's as since moving into a very small bungalow I had nowhere to put them. I even had to change to a small desk to fit into the recess in the living room and as none of the tower systems would fit underneath I had to get rid of them. I only have my laptop now until I can afford an all in one PC. Unfortunately, my lappy has started to go very slow when I have been using the Internet for a while, don't know why. I've tried everything I can think of but it still does it!!

Hope we'll see you a bit more often once you're all sorted again.
Old 21-May-2014, 18:56
Screamer

'ELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Peeps! I isssssss here tooo!!!
Old 21-May-2014, 20:50
Safe Sane Consensual

My goodness Silhouette - I thought you were using part of Jen's signature ...

On checking again I see you have now written "I issssssssssss" without the pee!
Old 21-May-2014, 21:05
Foxy Lady

rofl mine has $$$$$$'s in it, not sssssss's... but near enough!!
Old 23-May-2014, 18:16
Screamer

There!! no more ssssssssss' or $$$$$$
Old 23-May-2014, 22:03
Foxy Lady

Awwwww, sooo cute... You excel yourself silhouette!!!
Old 24-May-2014, 08:23
Screamer

Thank u, Lady Jen!!

And here's thine cushion, Sir WL!!
Old 24-May-2014, 12:44
Safe Sane Consensual

There!! no more ssssssssss' or $$$$$$
Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
Great picture but people who have lisps will have problems with all the sshhhs and pi$$. They might wi$$ they were on some other forum!

Friend who, I see out dog walking, has just got a Jack Russell Chihuahua cross puppy to add to her family. Was going to suggest she got a rucksack instead of carrying it in her arms when it gets tired of walking.
Old 29-May-2014, 18:59
Screamer

said friend has decided not to go walking, with or without dog.........
Old 30-May-2014, 13:57
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Wish I could write something Android wii not allow

Hi Behemoth, nice to hear from you.

I can see you've had your hands full... I had to sell my 3 PC's as since moving into a very small bungalow I had nowhere to put them. I even had to change to a small desk to fit into the recess in the living room and as none of the tower systems would fit underneath I had to get rid of them. I only have my laptop now until I can afford an all in one PC. Unfortunately, my lappy has started to go very slow when I have been using the Internet for a while, don't know why. I've tried everything I can think of but it still does it!!

Hope we'll see you a bit more often once you're all sorted again.
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
From a hotel with a slow unreliable internet connection and an Android tablet operator with Lplates
Old 01-June-2014, 20:51
Foxy Lady

At least you've managed to get onto the Internet, that's an achievement in itself Worldlife!!

Keep plugging away on the new tablet, you'll suss it all out in the end.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Old 07-June-2014, 09:47
Trance Addict

Thats one thing I don't have, is a tablet PC, I want one, but given that my Phone is an LG Nexus 5 which has Android on it, I don't really see the need.
Old 07-June-2014, 12:50
Foxy Lady

Thats one thing I don't have, is a tablet PC, I want one, but given that my Phone is an LG Nexus 5 which has Android on it, I don't really see the need.
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I use it for the Internet, social media, emails, camera, you name it... I still have my tablet though as it has a larger screen and is better to use for some things because of the the screen size.
Old 07-June-2014, 14:38
Trance Addict

Must admit though it would be nice to have when I need something bigger than my phone, hmmm might have to talk nicely to Donna when it's my birthday come November

I'm a sucker for gadgets and stuff, I did have a Blackberry Playbook but sold it as I found it to be far too slow and with very little support for it and a very small collection of apps I was glad I recovered £100 in selling it on to a work mate who wanted it for her mother for her birthday.
Old 07-June-2014, 15:31
Foxy Lady

I've just got a new tablet. It's got everything I need on it, bluetooth, usb ports, wi-fi, gps, 3g, software that is compatible to MS Office, two cameras, one front & one back and has a 10.1" screen. Only cost me £75 new from eBay & I love it.
Old 14-June-2014, 08:02
Trance Addict

Not very keen on buy stuff like that on ebay, you've got nobody to shout out if it goes wrong unlike if you were to buy it from a proper shop.
Old 14-June-2014, 09:51
Foxy Lady

I've never had a by problem with them myself. You're covered by the same laws as if you bought it in a shop, plus the distance selling laws, so if it's faulty or breaks you just send it back and very a replacement or a refund.
I a lot lot of ways it's better because you leave feedback and they don't want negative feedback so they'll do everything they can to make sure you're a satisfied customer.
Old 14-June-2014, 12:33
Safe Sane Consensual

Not very keen on buy stuff like that on ebay, you've got nobody to shout out if it goes wrong unlike if you were to buy it from a proper shop.
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Agree with you Behemoth that the protection you have buying from a private trader on ebay is less than what you would have if purchasing from a shop.

Agree with Jen that if you buy from an ebay trader you have equal or even better protection than you would purchasing from a shop.

On holiday I won another tablet (an Arnova 84 by Archos). Thought it was because I had answered questions from Gran Canaria tourist board but when I went to collect it found a time share company involved. Forced them to put the tablet on the table before talking to them and said we were only prepared to stay for an hour. Walked out after an hour taking tablet with us!

Woke Customs up at 1.00 am by walking through the red lane to declare what might be copied or fake item but all seemed OK. Doing a check with Arnova too!
Old 15-June-2014, 13:44
Trance Addict

Agree with you Behemoth that the protection you have buying from a private trader on ebay is less than what you would have if purchasing from a shop.

Agree with Jen that if you buy from an ebay trader you have equal or even better protection than you would purchasing from a shop.

On holiday I won another tablet (an Arnova 84 by Archos). Thought it was because I had answered questions from Gran Canaria tourist board but when I went to collect it found a time share company involved. Forced them to put the tablet on the table before talking to them and said we were only prepared to stay for an hour. Walked out after an hour taking tablet with us!

Woke Customs up at 1.00 am by walking through the red lane to declare what might be copied or fake item but all seemed OK. Doing a check with Arnova too!
I know all the law I'm covered by because its my job to advice it on a daily basis to people (I work for Citizens Advice) Given all the horror stories we get and the fact that I've already been caught out once this year already I'm not happy to risk it again.

The trouble with sellers who are traders on ebay do not list who they all that often, and if they do list an address it's either just a mail handling address somewhere in St. Johns Street London, or the other thing they are a small ltd/sole trading company. ebay under DPA reasons do not have to give you the traders address and even if they did the trader probably isn't there.

Am currently looking at a Nexus 7 being sold by Tesco Outlet on ebay, if I know there is a high street retailer selling on ebay then I'd rather buy from them than the various smaller ones due to the above.
Old 15-June-2014, 14:10
Safe Sane Consensual

Agree it is always best to look at the background and reviews of any commercial trader on ebay.

I have found my credit card company (Tesco Platinum) is extremely helpful on the rare times I have had any problems about internet purchases that have not been resolved with the vendor.

The unresolved cases seem to have involved scams and Tesco have always ensured I got a refund.
Old 15-June-2014, 21:10
Foxy Lady

It pays to purchase items such as electrical, tickets, anything of large value, etc., on your credit card... you get double protection than. I once bought tickets online which turned out to be less than kosher, I got a full refund from HSBC Bank via my credit card as I had bought them using that.
Old 21-June-2014, 11:47
Trance Addict

You only get the protection from your credit card if spending more than £100, and it doesn't work if you use your credit card with paypal.
Old 21-June-2014, 16:48
Safe Sane Consensual

Good point Behemoth........

One less scrupulous trader we dealt with offered goods at just under £100 and then a "special offer". Instead of providing one invoice and charge (covered by credit card protection) they made two charges. Our credit card security immediately queried two separate charges from this one supplier in such a short time.

Perhaps they knew more than we did about their reputation!
Fortunately we did a cancellation of both internet transactions within a few minutes of completion. Even so they attempted to deliver the goods that we refused to accept. We did not touch them at all but recorded the damage to the package to the courier.
Old 21-June-2014, 23:23
Foxy Lady

If paying through PayPal you have their protection anyway, so as long as you claim within the given time scale you'll be covered.

As for not being covered by your credit card supplier if you pay through PayPal, when I bought tickets to a music festival and paid on my credit card through PayPal, after finding that the ticket sales were a scam, my bank refunded me the whole amount back, even though I had paid via PayPal.

Tags
birthday, car, collection, company, connection, cool, credit, fake, files, internet, laptop, law, make, music, online, phone, reviews, screen, share, shop, slow, social media, software, talk, wi-fi