Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 17-May-2012, 19:49
Screamager

Default Has anyone had any dealings with REGNOW.COM ?

I have and wished that i never, they are a e commerce company that manages payments for smaller software companies,

Because i wanted to buy a program that is only available online from a software company in the USA I had no choice other than not to buy it
After complaining to the software company several times where unhelpful
the order was cancelled and have said they won't support me anymore ? and not to e-mail their support ,lol
This comes after i posted a review about this Reg now company ,who basically has accepted payment for goods & services and then failed to provide them or refund that payment so far, the software company didn't like it they called it disgusting and asked me not to post any further about it,And i came down in the last shower too
Later i noticed that my post had been removed and found that i had been banned for unacceptable behaviour ,?

So it would appear that the software vendor who also appears to post on their ,spat there dummy, so a review is only ok for the world to see if it's a positive one ?

My oder was allegedly processed successfully , but it would seem that because i browsed to a web page/site offering a discount code of 40% off the normal price, the site which links directly to regnow.com generates a slightly different page, only difference being a empty box to input the discount code , with this entered the price changes to reflect the discount and also lists it, i them input my personal details requested selected the payment method i wanted (bank transfer ) it gives you the details of the bank account to send the money to ,so completed the necessary in my bank and after checking everything was correct i sent the money

It was because after 24hrs had passes and nothing , no e-mail with my licence details or explanation of any problems

The software company didn't want to know and where unhelpful, just passing the blame to regnow
And sent me an e-mail telling me that payment of a higher amount than they charge was due, and to visit the regnow site , after i had i e-mailed them back,demanding a full refund or provide the goods ie product serial key

They replied saying the order had been cancelled

Regnow , and the company that took my money, and also the company/reseller that was offering the discount code are all owned by Digital River, Regnow is faceless no details of contact telephone numbers ect,
However after some searching i did find a number for Digital River uk ltd
Who said that no customer services exist in the uk , and i would need to phone their office in Ireland ,which i did got passed to an agent ,(in the usa) who was a moron, he was giving me a fax number in the us with no International dialing code, and saying that i will have to supply a bank statement via fax or ask my bank to send them proof that the payment was made, so after nearly loosing it he passed me to his supervise who give me the uk fax number , So if anyone is interested in knowing i will tell you who this software vendor /company is
the company who took my payment is Netgiro Payments AB
and the website i used for the discount code is http://www.bestbuymix.com/

Old 17-May-2012, 23:20

Default Re: Has anyone had any dealings with REGNOW.COM ?

I'm not an expert, but the Distance Selling Regulations might apply. Could be worth getting in touch with the Office of Fair Trading. Or possibly your bank might be able to recover your money.
Old 18-May-2012, 06:07
Screamager

I've contacted the bank who say they are unable to get my money back, but they have agreed to send me the details of the transaction on letter headed paper so i can fax it to them, the consumer advice people basically said to send a letter to them asking for a full refund sent recorded delivery , but for the value it's not viable to take them to the small claims court ,

I don't hold a lot of hope of getting my money back, all i can really do is do my bit in making sure as many people as possible get to know about this company , there are already several bad report about them dating back some years, but nothing recent that i have found

I forgot the name of the forum where the software company promotes it's wares as well as giving some support to others, is http://stream-recorder.com/forum/
I think that the guy from the software company may have a hand in the running of the forum or knows the person who runs it, removing a negative review makes it look worse , as for distance & selling act I'm not to sure if it covers this senario, as i didn't actually get anything in return for my money,

Old 19-May-2012, 16:26
Trance Addict

Sadly no CPDSR won't apply, company in america and Toomy is in the UK. CPDSR 2000 is EU directive legislation which won't extend to the USA.

Best advice I can is speak to the Better Business Bureau, they are the American version of Trading Standards.
Old 11-June-2012, 22:49
Screamager

Sadly no CPDSR won't apply, company in america and Toomy is in the UK. CPDSR 2000 is EU directive legislation which won't extend to the USA.

Best advice I can is speak to the Better Business Bureau, they are the American version of Trading Standards.
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Well after finally getting a letter from my bank with the details of the transaction on it, and then faxing it to the uk number given to me by one of their supervisors via a telephone call , and then getting scripted replies asking for me to fax it to them on their USA number, lol, To which i refused as i refuse to spend as much as im owed chasing them, so i told them i will only fax to usa if they agree in writing to re reimburse my expenses in doing so as well as refund what i paid,

I then took your advise and contacted the BBB and got a reply today saying that my complaint is within their scope, and they will be in contact with regnow on my behalf, so hopefully that may have some influence to my benefit, i will update you on the outcome, and thanks for the info on the bbb

Old 18-June-2012, 22:09
Trance Addict

No worries mate, glad to see my training wasn't wasted
Old 01-August-2012, 00:19
Screamager

Well, after 1 failed promise to refund my money, they eventually refunded me, so thank's for the tip about the BBB

Tags
bad, company, dating, digital, email, international, key, line, mail, online, product, scam, software, web