If you set your lappie or pc up accordingly you might find it connects
Old 02-February-2009, 21:24
agepag

Default Re: Unlocking a Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G modem

All the info is in this thread. You use your web browser to access the router

Copy and paste this to your browsers address bar

gateway.2wire.net/tech/upgrade.html
Originally Posted by patioheater View Post

This link is dead. I to want to flash my 2701HG-G and I am also with acanac, but they will not give any support.
Old 02-February-2009, 21:43
agepag

hey guys

I actually got it to work sweet!!!!!

But now the only concern is that the wifi or wireless on the modem is not working I tried playing around the Singtel firmware settings but no luck.

To be more descriptive the wireless light is turned off, I just dont know how to get it started.

Thanks

You guys are awesome.
Originally Posted by minhasum View Post
So did you ever enn up getting this to work for you. i am in the same boat you are in with the 2wire and acanac, but I don't want to download the wrong flash and brick my modem. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-February-2009, 23:04
Screamager

This link is dead. I to want to flash my 2701HG-G and I am also with acanac, but they will not give any support.
Originally Posted by agepag View Post

Link still gives me access to my router upgrade page after copying and pasting to my browser

As with every router flash there is a risk, but the Rapidshare link is the firm to try
Old 05-February-2009, 04:30
K5JLR

I have an EMBARQ 2700HG-S #4200-015007-005 it has firmware version 5.29.113.10.
It will not connect to my DSL provider AT&T even tho I entered the same code that my AT&T 2700HG-B uses, the firmware in my AT&T is 4.25.19 and works fine.
I downloaded the BG2700HGV 4.25 recovery firmware but I don't know if this is the proper firmware.
I one place in the "Advanced Provisioning Information" "Server Set Configuration" it says acs_url http://pembarqhdmw.embarq.motive.com/cwmpWeb/CPEMgt
Could this be the problem?

Does anybody have any suggestions?
Old 19-February-2009, 21:03
Idiot's_Revenge

Well I must say for being a N00b at doing this sort of thing it went rather well, I simply followed the instruction. Opss I guess I should say I have one of those new bell modems/routers, the 2wire 2701HG-G model, I used the flash 5.29.117..3.2, from what I understand this is actually used in another model but it seems to have worked fine for this model, I have 5 mb down and 800 KBPS up, I should have 7 down and 1 MB up but I am not complaining yet , I am using this modem with another provider, BELL SUCKS. I just wanted to say thanks to those who posted the info. I have not tried the wireless feature yet but so far so good at least until my ISP get's their act together and sends me the modem I paid for.
Old 23-February-2009, 01:27
lovebev

I got a 2Wire modem 2701GH-G model. I flash with the same "2wire_reinstall_voice_5.29.117.3.2sp" firmware and mine is working fine.

I got Internet, I got wireless working, and even my home phone adapter.
The step is as simple as described in comment #2. One thing you need to check is the setting it might not save it until you follow the wizard setup.

If you need help let me know.
Old 03-March-2009, 19:35
peter92

I have bell modem 2wire 2701HG-G and i want to unlock it to work with acanac
Which Firmware have i to download and from which site
Old 16-March-2009, 05:27
PAPOLUCCA

How do i recover from a bad flash; the modem i have is a 2700hg-g

How do i recover from a bad flash for this model? the power light is red the ethernet light will not come on, enternet light red, dsl light red; and my computer is stating that a cable is disconnected (ethernet cable). I updated my drivers and i get the same response. Also i have a backup router that is working fine and is having no problem surfing the net and is picking up the ethernet cable.
Old 17-March-2009, 10:26
Screamager

How do i recover from a bad flash; the modem i have is a 2700hg-g

How do i recover from a bad flash for this model? the power light is red the ethernet light will not come on, enternet light red, dsl light red; and my computer is stating that a cable is disconnected (ethernet cable). I updated my drivers and i get the same response. Also i have a backup router that is working fine and is having no problem surfing the net and is picking up the ethernet cable.
Originally Posted by PAPOLUCCA View Post
It's knackered, bin it
Old 23-March-2009, 22:51
afallenhope

okay, is there a difference between flashing? lol.
I downloaded the firmware, HOWEVER, I can't access "gateway.2wire.net/tech/upgrade.html" but I can access it from "192.168.0.154/tech/upgrade.html" does that make a difference?
Old 24-March-2009, 18:36
Screamager

okay, is there a difference between flashing? lol.
I downloaded the firmware, HOWEVER, I can't access "gateway.2wire.net/tech/upgrade.html" but I can access it from "192.168.0.154/tech/upgrade.html" does that make a difference?
Originally Posted by afallenhope View Post
Nope, just means you have changed the default IP to one that suits you better
Old 26-March-2009, 08:11
afallenhope

no, it's because I had opendns as my dns provider lol.
took that out and it worked.
Nope, just means you have changed the default IP to one that suits you better
Old 26-March-2009, 16:55
Screamager

Fair enough
Old 14-April-2009, 21:12
afallenhope

just thought I'd mention the advance features DO work... just need to wait about 15 mins to an hour. I went to my modem page and found them. I now have content screening.
Old 15-April-2009, 22:58
zerodegrees8

OMG thank you thank you THANK YOU the flash worked like a charm, awesome stuff you guys now i don't have to find another modem
Old 08-May-2009, 13:43
NewLogiK

I currently have the "french version" of the Bell firmware for the 2wire 2701hg-g.I can go to the upgrade page, I do browse for the firmware update file, but when I click "update button", I always get a page not found after like 2 seconds.

What could be the problem with this ?

The firmware's the one from the rapidshare link, so it should be working fine...

It just looks like I can't get it to install on my 2wire 2701hg-g.

Regards,
Old 08-May-2009, 22:29
Maxime F.

I currently have the "french version" of the Bell firmware for the 2wire 2701hg-g.I can go to the upgrade page, I do browse for the firmware update file, but when I click "update button", I always get a page not found after like 2 seconds.

What could be the problem with this ?

The firmware's the one from the rapidshare link, so it should be working fine...

It just looks like I can't get it to install on my 2wire 2701hg-g.

Regards,
Originally Posted by NewLogiK View Post
Had one of those 2701 and when I was trying to update the firmware, I also got a "page not found" error, is it related to the browser used to make the upgrade ? Tryed with IE 7 and Firefox 3.x
Old 09-May-2009, 00:31
NewLogik

It's ok, It have been updated now...

I found the answer !
Old 28-May-2009, 15:30
Format_windows

Angry Re: Unlocking a Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G modem

Hi NewLogik,

how were you able to get it to flash. I still get the 'page not found' error right after i press the update button. I have tried it with two different PC's and 4 different browsers. ):

Please help me out here.
Old 06-July-2009, 03:05
anhappyuser

Cool Re: Unlocking a Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G modem

Thanks you very much guys !
That 2701HG-G (BELL firmware version) got very easily (5 mn) cracked with the 2wire_reinstall_voice_5.29.117.3.2sp firmware, now DSL WIFI works like a charm.

Thanks again guys.
Old 01-September-2009, 16:40
Canon_man

Smile Re: Unlocking a Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G modem

It worked!! Decided to just say screw it and I flashed the modem and it's working perfectly now. Everything is unlocked and just fine.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Majoram View Post
Hello Majoram,

I just found this thread due to a post I have left open on DSLReports.com for the modem we received from Bell Sympatico over a year ago. (It's been sitting in the box since received!) I wanted to place the 2Wire in bridge mode as a dumbed down modem.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r223...-2701HGG-Modem

All I received from Bell was the runaround. Even talked to the Product Manager responsible for the line of DSL modems Sympatico uses, but he was no help either.

Do I read into this entire lengthy thread:

* - that the solution for unlocking this 2701HG-G model modem from Bell Canada is the burning of the firmware from SingTel

* - that it worked successfully for you?

Please advise.
Old 02-September-2009, 13:02
elhilayla

Hi Dear Friend
I flashed it successfully unfortunately, it did not connect.
It kept giving me:Unable to access configuration server.
My ISP is ACN.
Any clue is highly appreciated.
Old 06-September-2009, 21:07
FreeThought87

Just wanted to post that I was able to flash a Bell 2701HG-G using the 2wire_reinstall_voice_5.29.117.3.2sp firmware. The only hiccup in the process was that (for me, at least, in North America) I had to set ATM PVC Search: to Enabled.

Other than that, it went swimmingly! I'm posting from it right now!

- FreeThought87
Old 16-September-2009, 11:28
daddycool

I am new at this forum. Just posted a new thread about my problem but it will show up only after the moderators whet it. Since this thread is along similar lines, I thought I would also ask here.
I have a Telus locked 2 Wire 2700HG-E that requires me to supply a password to set it up. The friend who gave it to me said it worked out of the box on his Telus network.
I would like to know if flashing the firmware is possible without knowing the password and will let me use the device with another ISP.
Old 17-September-2009, 08:00
Screamager

Only way to find out is to try it, link to the firmware is on the first page of this thread
Old 17-September-2009, 21:18
snkiz

I flashed with the singtel firmware, and that solved my problem where the modem was redirecting me to the bell activation page. And I got into the mdc page hopping to be able to get the same options for incomming protolcalls as outgoing. But no dice, anyone know how to do this? I can't serv web pages or use ssl even if I set application settings.
Old 14-October-2009, 06:49
tfbox

Try getting to this page
gateway.2wire.net/tech/upgrade.html
Then reflash with this firm
http://rapidshare.com/files/10540669...5.29.117.3.2sp
as with any reflashing there is a risk
IT WORKS! Telus Branded 2Wire 2700HG-E Home Gateway can be free with this firmware!

I have searched the internet looking for details of others that have tried flashing a Telus Branded 2wire Home Gateway. But I did not find anything so I just went ahead and tried it.
I can confirm this firmware will successfully load into the Telus device. The label on the bottom of the device says 2700hg-e. The web interface has changed slightly but looks to be working overall. If I notice anything not working I will try to remember to post back here.

Go to the mentioned page (http://gateway.2wire.net/tech/upgrade.html) and enter the MDC password. Then on the following pages upload the firmware file from the rapidshare link above.

The Telus MDC Passwords I know of are: dr@cul@! for older firmwares and 1nd1go for newer ones.
Old 25-October-2009, 00:59
lilkidz

Finally I went back to this post to unlock from Bell's firmware and it was a success with the firmware from the 2nd post. Was using 2701g-hg from Bell.

There was one problem that kept me from connecting to the Internet, but bypassed it (Thankfully or else I had to change the modem...). Whenever I enter my user name, it keeps on giving me the @Sigtel or something at the end of my b1 user name provided from Bell. Now to bypass it, since the 2wire page used javascript, I used Firefox and with the addon called NoScript. This stopped it from adding the @Sigtel or whatever to the end of my user name. Hopefully this helps others with this little problem!
Old 14-January-2010, 16:12
wizor

hi,
did anyone get the 2wire 2702hg-g router to work on acanac after upgrading to the Singtel (reinstall voice 5.29.117.3.sp) firmware , I find that the wireless is still not working. any suggestions.

Thanks

Tags
2wire, bad, broadband, bt2700hgv, cable, computer, dead, dns, feature, files, firmware, flash, free, hgv, home, internet, isp, lights, lock, make, modem, phone, product, router, screen, settings, slow, unlock, web, wireless, zone