Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Orange / Wanadoo / Freeserve

Old 05-April-2005, 22:11
Sniperchuk

Question Belkin Wireless ADSL MODEM set up

Can anybody help? I am having problems connecting to Wanadoo broadband internet. I am using a Belkin 125MBPS ADSL modem wireless router. I nhave set up the wireless bit ok. I have entered all the info required into the belkin interface. However, when I reboot the modem after entering settings it fails to connect to the internet. The interface shows that there is ADSL activity but says "Not Connected". When I checked the security log it says that the user name and password failed. But I have checked these and they are correct. Does Wanadoo prohibit users from using third party adsl modem routers?
Old 11-April-2005, 21:52
Billwill

Default Re: Belkin Wireless ADSL MODEM set up

I had this problem with AOL with the very same Belkin ADSL router, and it was, in my case, due to the router not able to interface with a CHAP protocol on AOL's server.

The only cure for me was to leave.
Old 12-April-2005, 10:34
Sniperchuk

Unhappy Re: Belkin Wireless ADSL MODEM set up

Thanks BillWill, looks like I need another Adsl modem that will accept Chaps authentication.
Old 12-April-2005, 10:40
Jane52

We have a Belkin 54Mbps ADSL Modem with Built-In Wireless Router and we are able to connect to Wanadoo Broadband.
Old 30-October-2007, 10:41
i need help

i have the same problem with mt wireless belkin adsl modem with wireless-g router i cant get on the internet i acn only get lan wat am i doing wrong
Old 15-March-2008, 19:12
ASHAZELL

Can anybody help? I am having problems connecting to Wanadoo broadband internet. I am using a Belkin 125MBPS ADSL modem wireless router. I nhave set up the wireless bit ok. I have entered all the info required into the belkin interface. However, when I reboot the modem after entering settings it fails to connect to the internet. The interface shows that there is ADSL activity but says "Not Connected". When I checked the security log it says that the user name and password failed. But I have checked these and they are correct. Does Wanadoo prohibit users from using third party adsl modem routers?
Originally Posted by Sniperchuk View Post
PHONE WANDOO AND GET THEM TO CHANGE YOUR LOGIN PASSWORD
RETYPE THIS IN TO THE PASSWORD SCREEN AND THEN TRY TO CONNECT
IT SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

Tags
adsl, aol, belkin, broadband, internet, modem, router, screen, security, settings, wireless