Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 05-July-2007, 17:18
Killiank

Default Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

No, I install PABX's, with SIP phones, ie a company with 2000 SIP deskphones, SIP is easy to configure,

Cheers,

K
Old 06-July-2007, 21:58
Paul-M

Seeing as I had my home hub unlocked for a while now (since about May I think), I thought I'd give the telephony a go (not with the hub phone as that doesn't work, but with a corded phone instead), so I set up an account with sipgate which I can use anyway, and had to reflash the hub with the SIP firmware. I entered my details and according to the hub it is registered and the light came on, but the phone is using the phone line as opposed to the hub at the moment. I have since given up for now and have changed the setting to use the corded phone only and none of the dect phones. Also, is there a number I have to enter in order for the hub to put the phone onto VoIP or some other adjustment to make it default to VoIP as this would be handy?
Old 08-July-2007, 08:28
Mikeadee

Killiank,

Thanks for the offer of some help however I am not sure how to send a PM or the SIP stuff could you advise?

Thanks in advance
Mike.
Old 09-July-2007, 18:32
slime

Seeing as I had my home hub unlocked for a while now (since about May I think), I thought I'd give the telephony a go (not with the hub phone as that doesn't work, but with a corded phone instead), so I set up an account with sipgate which I can use anyway, and had to reflash the hub with the SIP firmware. I entered my details and according to the hub it is registered and the light came on, but the phone is using the phone line as opposed to the hub at the moment. I have since given up for now and have changed the setting to use the corded phone only and none of the dect phones. Also, is there a number I have to enter in order for the hub to put the phone onto VoIP or some other adjustment to make it default to VoIP as this would be handy?
Originally Posted by Paul-M View Post
This is the same issue as a m8 of mine has with a BTHH flashed with Speedtouch 7G firmware. Sipgate is configured and says it is registered but when you pick up the corded phone (plugged into back of hub) it defaults to BT line and not sipgate. If I call his sipgate nbr his phone does not ring

Anyone help? I notice that there is no dialplan entry for "5" like there is in my hub (BT 6226 firmware) but there must be an entry on the BT firmware which tells it to use SIP by default and this must be missing on the Speedtouch firmware?
Old 10-July-2007, 15:56
Killiank

Click on my name and send private message, its just like posting a message then, except its a PM,

Cheers,

Killian
Old 10-July-2007, 22:31
Mikeadee

Killiank tried that no joy sorry no option to send you a PM could we not sort it through here as I am sure you advise could also benifit others.

Thanks in advance
Mike.
Old 12-July-2007, 23:57
lee_uk

can someone e-mail me the files i need to do the flash update, the hex editor is still available but the other 2 seem to have disapeared.
thanks
leewaller@btinternet.com
Old 13-July-2007, 09:13
Screamager

Hiya.

The 2 missing files were reposted in the link below as a Rapidshare link......

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...&postcount=359
Old 13-July-2007, 09:47
Screamager

Killiank tried that no joy sorry no option to send you a PM could we not sort it through here as I am sure you advise could also benifit others.

Thanks in advance
Mike.
Originally Posted by Mikeadee View Post

@ Mikeadee.

The private message (PM) option is only available to registered Members, not Guest posters.
Old 14-July-2007, 22:59
robadams

Firmware

Thanks you lot, I've been using the Home Hub, aka Thomson SpeedTouch 7G on TalkTalk for a few days! Very fast and great to use DMT tool.

It would be good to use the Hub Phone 1010 though. Looking around, I'm not sure the current firmware, ZZMYAA6(6.1.9.6), which is installed from all the current upgrade links is the best one. There used to be another, ZZN1AA6(6.1.9.6) which I can't find anywhere. On Thomson's site this firmware is specified as being for SIP whereas ZZMYAA6 is specified as being for MGCP, if you look here: http://www.thomsontelecompartner.com...ail.php?id=127 . I wonder if it makes a difference and if it might be possible to get the hub phone registered using the other firmware.

Unfortunately m8s-rates.com seems to be down now but I found this site where they list lots of stuff. It could be that a later firmware might work: http://mirror.opensourcehub.com/pub/speedtouch/routers/
All the speedtouch stuff seems pretty generic to the brand and I can't see anyone bricking the box through a little trial and error.

In the meantime, can anyone post ZZN1AA6?
Old 14-July-2007, 23:25
Mystic Eddy

Hi. I have just flashed my HH with the 7G firmware. When I try and log into it, it won't accept the password 'admin' and fails after four attempts saying 'HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required'. What do I do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15-July-2007, 00:59
robadams

User:Administrator
Password:dont enter one
Old 15-July-2007, 01:35
robadams

It might be possible to flash to an international version, 6.2.G.3 or 6.2.16.3, which might be similar according to the australian whirlpool site. Haven't tried it so I wouldn't like to say

http://whirlpool.net.au/forum-replie...fm/766594.html

this is in dutch
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ssages/1223102
Old 15-July-2007, 11:25
jimeney

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a bit of a dilemma. I am soon to be receiving a BT Home Hub and a Hub Phone. I am on Virgin Media for broadband and intend on using the hub purely for VOIP. If the hub I receive is 6.2.2.6 Firmware, I will not be able to set up the VOIP as I need a BT line to connect to to use the 'SuperUser' exploit. As my area is predominantly cable I do not know anyone with regular broadband down the phone line.
Can somebody post a link to an earlier version of the firmware that does not have this restriction? or suggest an alternative workaround. I am keen to avoid the SpeedTouch firmware for now as I know it will not talk to the DECT hubphone as yet.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 15-July-2007, 11:30

Hi,

I just flashed the hub, but now now credentials work neither the admin/admin or administrator/(blank). is there a way i could reset it back to factory?

thanks
Old 15-July-2007, 13:12
Screamager

Think you will find it's case sensitive Aministrator no password.
Old 15-July-2007, 13:51
slime

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a bit of a dilemma. I am soon to be receiving a BT Home Hub and a Hub Phone. I am on Virgin Media for broadband and intend on using the hub purely for VOIP. If the hub I receive is 6.2.2.6 Firmware, I will not be able to set up the VOIP as I need a BT line to connect to to use the 'SuperUser' exploit. As my area is predominantly cable I do not know anyone with regular broadband down the phone line.
Can somebody post a link to an earlier version of the firmware that does not have this restriction? or suggest an alternative workaround. I am keen to avoid the SpeedTouch firmware for now as I know it will not talk to the DECT hubphone as yet.

Thanks for your help!!
Originally Posted by jimeney View Post
A few replies back (maybe just a few pages) someone posted something new about scripts via telnet (By Lensman post #356) whereby you can add a script to create a root user. You then once created the script tell the hub to run the new script and logout. You can then login with root so no need to do the SU hack any more! This works lovely and is so much easier.

I use the hub just as a VOIP accessory on my network and it works great with the BT Hub Phones and a normal phone in the back of the hub - so you should be fine (6.2.2.6 BT firmware).

Good luck.

Last edited by slime; 15-July-2007 at 13:54. Reason: Added post info - Lensman post nbr #356
Old 16-July-2007, 09:34
locksley

Default Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub

Got it all working! on Karoo, which doesn't use the BT network, I had to configure the router, download the config and edit it, then upload it, as I had to change the VPI/VCI to 1/50.

However I do not have one of those phones, so can't bugger about with it further, the router attains better line stats (higher snr) than my Billion 7402A router though
Originally Posted by adriandaz View Post

Hi, I am also on Karoo (Kingston Communications). Can anyone help me out by telling me how I might change the config file to get a VPI/VCI of 1/50? I have already done the flash etc, I just can't figure out which bit of the config file I need to edit and upload to get online (see quote above)!!!

Thanks
Old 16-July-2007, 22:16
chrome307

Hi there

Following the instructions on how to 'downgrade' the equipment, I've been successful and am now using it with my own ISP (not BT) and have BT Broadband Talk working.

However I do need some help with the configuration of the device ie

Wireless Devices - which channels - SSID broadcasting
Security Settings for Wireless Devices

etc

I've anyone can help I would be appreciative.

Thanks
Old 17-July-2007, 05:46

Originally Posted by Paul-M View Post
Hi,
probably you just need to adjust the dialplan. For example I use sipgate in Germany for my intl. calls:
dialplan add prefix=00 defaultport=VoIP fallbackport=FXO priority=High fallback=enabled minimumdigits=6 maximumdigits=31 posofmodify=0 remnumdigits=0 insert="" rescan=no data=no action=ROUTE_excl_eon
Old 17-July-2007, 18:35
slime

Anyone know if there is a default setting to get the hub to always use VOIP?
Old 19-July-2007, 14:57
blueeagle69

Hi

Can yo tell me where to get the required files from.

The links seem to be dead.

Thanks
Old 19-July-2007, 15:56
Screamager

Hiya.

The 2 missing files are now on Rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/39235368...meHub.zip.html
Old 19-July-2007, 22:11
jimeney

I have now successfully gained root access to my home hub. It is sitting behind a DLink Router (192.168.0.1), which is set up to serve addresses to clients. The home hub is set up at (192.168.0.2) with DHCP off. It is only intended at present to be an IP phone with the hubphone.

I am having trouble getting VOIP to work. The firmware is BT original 6.2.2.6. The home hub is set up in a DMZ from the router, and so should have unrestricted communication with the internet. I have followed all steps mentioned on both the setting up of the SIP account (which was successful) and the alterations of the IPtables / Routing.

The system logs are coming up with a 401 not authorised error on both VOIP SEND REGISTER. Obvously the phone light is off and will not come on.

The VOIP ADDRESS in VOICE STATE is 192.168.0.2 (the IP of the Home Hub), is this correct and if not how do I change this?
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old 20-July-2007, 11:00
Killiank

Hi All,

I had a problem with my wireless connection, it was timing out when i was pinging 192.168.1.254 -t, ping was really bad. At mate had a spare HH i got the same problem too, what i found out that the channel selection was auto and was selected channel 6 as the correct channel, i changed it to 5 manually and sorted my problem, ping was 2ms.

Hope this helps,

Killian
Old 20-July-2007, 12:12
pete1312

Hello All,

I surprised myself by being able to follow the really clear instruction and have managed to unlock my HH and have it up and running on Talk Talk.

I have noticed though that there is currently no security on my wireless connection and thought I had nothing more to do than use the admin username etc to log in and set it up.

However no matter what combination I try I cannont get in again...I have also tried the telnet option and none of the combinations work there either.

I have tried it over a cable and wirelessly but to no avail...any ideas...could I have changed something when I unlocked it...is there any sneaky way of checking what the passwords are?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...new to all of this!

T
Originally Posted by thommo1874 View Post
Hi. I have exactly the same problem (also on TalkTalk). Can anyone help please?
Old 21-July-2007, 14:38
chrome307

There is a FACTORY RESET button at the back of the hub .... press and wait until all the lights go out (should hear a click) and then it should reset to the DEFAULT factory settings.

Just log back in via 192.168.1.254

User : Administrator
Pass:
Old 21-July-2007, 17:07
pete1312

Many thanks chrome307. This worked a treat and I am now fully encrypted! (Did not even need to enter any User name).
Old 22-July-2007, 00:44
robadams

Can anyone email me ZZN1AA6.196.bli?
Or even better, upload it somewhere?

This file held the promise of getting the phone working but it's disappeared off the face of the internet.
Old 22-July-2007, 10:08
Screamager

Hiya.

The guy that own this site has the ZZN1AA6.196.bli file in his Homehub.zip.....

http://www.mikeyskona.co.uk/unlockhomehub.php

http://www.mikeyskona.co.uk/hubfiles/homehub.zip

Thanks go to Mikey for hosting it.

Tags
adsl, adsl2, belkin, broadband, bt, bt home hub, cable, dhcp, dns, files, firmware, home, home hub, hub, internet, isp, key, laptop, lock, make, netgear, network, product, router, settings, sipgate, speed, speedtouch, speedtouch 7g, tiscali, voip, web, windows, wireless