Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Orange / Wanadoo / Freeserve

Old 29-March-2006, 09:01
wanadooproblems

Default WanadooProblems.co.uk NEW forum because I'm tired waiting for Wanadoo

I am commenting on an article I just read and I have the same problem...

I AM NOW 7 WEEKS WITHOUT MY WANADOO BROADBAND CONNECTION...

I have started a dedicated wanadooproblems forum:

WanadooProblems Forum

OK, you're wondering... Why the forum?

Well, because it is now 29 March 2006 and I have not had my Wanadoo broadband connection (which I'm paying for still) since 7 February 2006...

That's 7 weeks if my sums are correct.

And in that 7 weeks, oh what fun I've had...

It all started when my 2Mb connection (which I was very happy with) was upgraded to 8Mb (in fact 0 Mb as you will see):

I think I have spoken to every member of the Wanadoo Technical Support Team... But never the same person twice... And even when I do ask for a person by name, I'm told that they "do not work at this call centre... We have lots of call centres... Do you have the person's extension number?"... No I reply, when I asked for an extension number I was told that these are not given out! "Well, because we have so many call centres, it is not possible for me to locate that person... I will help you..."

They then proceed to tell me that they will help me, I tell them that I am sure they will not be able to as this problem has been occurring for weeks now, but they insist... I tell them that I should speak to a team leader, in fact I would like to speak to a team leader... "That's not possible. Our team leaders are in a meeting at the moment".

They then proceed to tell me that they will put a fault through... For the umpteenth time. I tell them that this has been done previously, on many occasions. But they insist.

And so the saga continues...

And... I nearly forgot to mention that in the beginning, their helpful Technical Support staff had me uninstalling, reinstalling, setting the Livebox back to manufacturers settings. Which, of course, I knew and (probably) they knew, would not and did not resolve the problem. And they still insist on asking me to do it - which I just refuse to do now... Then, is your username and password entered correctly - oh I think so... It has been checked almost daily for the last 7 weeks!

I will get some time and literally list every phone call I have made to Wanadoo in my "own" area of the forum! I have been quite meticulous in recording teh events of teh last 7 weeks.

And still... No internet connection...

By anybody's standards, this is somewhat unreasonable I believe.

Well... here's to receiving a call from Wanadoo's legal department threatening to sue me over my site... Well... At least it should raise some awareness to the team leaders and the men (or women) at the top - because, on the phones, it is impossible to get put through to these people.

Here's hoping I am back on-line soon...

Please add your comments to this forum - WanadooProblems Forum

Start a new thread, answer other queries posted by others... And yes... I think I can help with almost every possible situation now... Other than mine!

The only thing Wanadoo haven't asked me to do is unscrew the casing of the Livebox... I'll just have to wait til my next call....

Of which I have to make and pay for each time... They have never returned my call - even, on the odd occasion that I spoke to a team leader "S", when I was promised a call back - that was on 04 March 2006.

Anyway... time for you people out there to add your comments and views...

Feel free...

WanadooProblems Forum

I will check this forum regularly and promise to help as many people as I can - you should too - because Wanadoo are not likely to.

Old 19-April-2006, 01:16
wanadooproblems

Default Re: WanadooProblems.co.uk NEW forum because I'm tired waiting for Wanadoo

Hello all,

Thank you for your responses...

My connection is now back on... AFTER 9weeks and 2days !!!

Full details here:

http://www.wanadooproblems.co.uk/php...opic.php?t=130

But it sure wasn't easy! Even after media and Wanadoo's PR intervention!

My plight is still not over - I have to do battle with them to get compensation for loss of service, telephone calls etc. I shall keep you posted!

Many thanks once again for your interest in WanadooProblems.co.uk

With kind regards

Kevin
Old 21-April-2006, 00:47
Zer02004

Default Re: WanadooProblems.co.uk NEW forum because I'm tired waiting for Wanadoo

I would suggest using the various avenues offered by consumer law including the Small Claims Court, Trading Standards, OFCOM and Wanadoos ADR provider, CISAS.

Taken from Wanadoos COP:

2. Our Code of Practice

Our customers are an important part of our business and your satisfaction with the service we provide to you is at the core of everything we do. We have put this Code together to make sure you have the latest information on our products, services and customer care policies including how to contact us if you have any technical or general questions.

We will follow this Code of Practice to make sure that we:

1. Act fairly and reasonably in all our contact with you;
2. Help you to understand how our products and services work;
3. Deal with any complaints quickly and fairly;
4. Make sure that all our products and services comply with all relevant laws and regulations;
5. Make copies of this Code available on our website and in writing (including large print copies, audio and Braille copies); and
6. Train all our staff and contact centre agents to follow this Code at all times.
Old 06-May-2006, 23:10
bailey147

i had problems even receving my replacement livebox as i waited nearly 2 months before i rec my replacement box and i have finally rec with another 2 coming to my house unbeliveable eh?

Could u pls tell me how i go about upgrading my line to 8mb pls

thanks
Old 09-May-2006, 17:35
Turboz

See this is why I will never worry about the ISP's free broadband box. I'd rather buy my own tried and tested BB modem/router.

-T
Old 27-May-2006, 21:00
bigpaul

now after reading this forum, i am on the verge of moving to wanadoo, i have my mac code, i am with pipex ,at present. their speed has been throttled.
should i go .or stay...thanks
Old 17-June-2006, 12:19
JohnWin

Hi
I am also with Pipex amd in a very similar situation now with Orange offering free Wanadoo Broadband. I would be grateful if you could let me know how you got on and what helped you decide.
Cheers
John
Old 17-June-2006, 12:28
JohnWin

now after reading this forum, i am on the verge of moving to wanadoo, i have my mac code, i am with pipex ,at present. their speed has been throttled.
should i go .or stay...thanks
Originally Posted by bigpaul
Hi Paul
I am also with Pipex amd in a very similar situation now with Orange offering free Wanadoo Broadband. I would be grateful if you could let me know how you got on and what helped you decide.
Cheers
John
Old 17-June-2006, 14:37
bigpaul

hi, thanks for your reply;s firstly i phoned up pipex, and they offered me double speed 2mg.. and 20gb cap, for ten pounds less.
so i stayed.....

HOWEVER, THEY HAVE FAILED TO KEEP THEIR PROMISE OF THE 2MG SPEED.
AND I KNOW MY LINE CAN TAKE 4.5 MG SPEED..
SO AGAIN I HAVE ASKED FOR MY MAC CODE.. I HAVE TO WAIT 3 WORKING DAYS AGAIN..

NOT SURE ABOUT ORANGE THOUGH... HAVE TO R E-THINK..
who i will join..

how are you doing....????????????
Old 22-June-2006, 18:58
Zer02004

hi, thanks for your reply;s firstly i phoned up pipex, and they offered me double speed 2mg.. and 20gb cap, for ten pounds less.
so i stayed.....

HOWEVER, THEY HAVE FAILED TO KEEP THEIR PROMISE OF THE 2MG SPEED.
AND I KNOW MY LINE CAN TAKE 4.5 MG SPEED..
SO AGAIN I HAVE ASKED FOR MY MAC CODE.. I HAVE TO WAIT 3 WORKING DAYS AGAIN..

NOT SURE ABOUT ORANGE THOUGH... HAVE TO R E-THINK..
who i will join..

how are you doing....????????????
In accepting this "offer" you also accepted a new 12 month contract in which the penalty for early withdrawal is the full 12 months payment. The normal retention offer is a 30G cap at 17.99 per month.
Old 22-June-2006, 23:43
bigpaul

even though pipex has broken their contract, by not providing the agreed speed.
are you saying that i have to pay, to leave , even though they are incompetant
and crap customer service
Old 22-June-2006, 23:47
Zer02004

I'm afraid that Pipex is no longer the ISP that it used to be. Ignoring the customer and intransigence seem to be the order of the day.
By all means try but expect a fight. I wish you the best of luck but be careful.
Old 29-June-2006, 21:33
quietscream

Wanadoo used to be very good but with the switch over to Orange the service has become less reliable. I get kick off the system every now and again. Although recently upgraded to 2mbs I am usually getting a download of less than 1.3mbs. I am looking to change now.
Old 04-July-2006, 01:04
VTech_Nullified

even though pipex has broken their contract, by not providing the agreed speed.
are you saying that i have to pay, to leave , even though they are incompetant
and crap customer service
I hate to be on the other side of the fence.
Im not too up in the know about the T's and C's of of wanndoo/pipex but almost all ISP's will say up to "8mb" to cover all bases.

My exchange is ADSL max enabled and my line "Should" support 6.5 and upwards however Im lucky to see 2 and a half.

Sadly until the whole
"Oh its BT's exchanges and profiles" or "Its your line" malarky is sorted out you may be better off on a non ADSL max line.

Its a newer technology and companies on both sides are working to make it mroe stable but sadly I cannot see it happening sometime soon.
Old 04-July-2006, 01:50
Zer02004

ADSLMax is rate adaptive so speeds cannot be guaranteed. However, that's immaterial in this case. BigPaul cannot receive the ADSLMax service as Pipex will only provision it for new customers.

I believe he is confusing download speed with P2P download speeds which, by virtue of the FUP, have been throttled. Pipex did offer customers the right to leave without penalty when these changes were introduced.
On the face of it, he doesn't have a leg to stand on and Pipex are in the right. However, a decent contract/consumer lawyer would almost certainly tear them to shreds in a courtroom.
Old 04-July-2006, 01:57
VTech_Nullified

Thats quite sad that you cannot get ADSL max because you are not a new customer, At that point I would of asked for my MAC code and transferred to another ISP.

Thats disgraceful to be honest.
Old 04-July-2006, 02:14
Zer02004

It is disgraceful and many already have taken the route that you would choose. Pipex Internet are literally haemorrhaging loyal and very long standing customers and it's not only because of the lack of an upgrade path to MAX. The company seems to be in meltdown and competition from the new "triple service suppliers" will I feel hurt them even more in the very near future.
Old 23-August-2009, 00:28
shadow-pudding

Smile Re: WanadooProblems.co.uk NEW forum because I'm tired waiting for Wanadoo

I was with freeserve before it became wanadoo then orange..

it was brilliant never had problem even when was wanadoo was fine cause it was still run by freeserve (i believe)

Anyway as soon as orange take over..kept getting knocked off internet..would last for hours or days...kept phoning them got the have u checked this,that & the other saga...well hello my settings not changed since yr dot and works sometimes it u...put bluntly told them they were crap...my son in high school he needs the net..they not bothered as long as they get money..

anyway just to confirm orange crap my first mobile eons ago was with them guess what no conection lots of times...reminded them that they took over a perfectly good running site..so what the hell did they do to change it

then told them that wanted my mac number which was a struggle to get...took me two months...only when i threatened to cancel my d/d and was under no obligation to them as joined freeserve not them...did i get my mac no...which turned out to be a dud..

so in end 02 helped me get my mac no...orange even had the gall to send me a bill for two months when i had left them...so sent them very nasty letter telling them i left there mobile cause it was crap left there broadband cause it was crap...if they wanted to try get money could take me to court and then i will ask for money refunded on days without internet and emotional stress of the constant battle..and my son suffering with his school work..and would call local press to say how they charged when i had left them..

wow i got an apology letter

anyway as guessed am with o2..generally am happy..no major problems the helplines a freephone no..and they do try help you even go through all the pages with you whist doing settings...only flaw is sometimes the email goes wrong when using outlook express...takes while to resolve..but never lost connection..so better than orange

think all providers have some issues people not 100% happy with...but orange just killed a internet that worked for yrs with no probs...they just suck...the future is certainly brighter without them

sorry its long message but was really angry with them and would like to share the problem with u all
Old 23-August-2009, 22:30

Thumbs up Re: WanadooProblems.co.uk NEW forum because I'm tired waiting for Wanadoo

Welcome to The Scream shadow-pudding. Glad that you are now sorted (well, nearly! ).
I'm with O2 (but NOT under LLU) and I find it good (better than when I was with BT anyway). I use Outlook (not Express) and have never had any problems with email (whether O2 or others).

Tags
adsl, audio, broadband, bt, company, connection, email, free, free broadband, happy, internet, isp, law, line, lost, make, mobile, modem, ofcom, offer, orange, phone, router, settings, share, speed, speeds