Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 21-December-2004, 09:41
Benny1001

Unhappy BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem Problems

Hi guys,

I am at the end of my teather, and it seems from the excellent advice you have given out before that one of you must be able to help.
I recently signed up for BT Broadband and got the BT Voyager 105 ADSL modem free (should have seen it coming).
For one reason or another I just can not install this on my Win 2000 machine. No matter what I do it says that the drivers did not install properly.
After struggling for quite some time, I borrowed a working USB ADSL router from a friend, and the drivers wouldn't install for that either.
I suspected it may have been the on board USB ports, so purchased another set of 4 internal USB ports and have the same problem.
Other than a drop kick from a tall building - I am at a loss.... Help.... Please... (He says while on his knees!)
Old 21-December-2004, 09:53

Default Re: BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem Problems

Hi Benny,

Are you installing the drivers before plugging in the modem, with USB devices the drivers need to be installed before you plug in. If that's the case then uninstall drivers, unplug modem, install drivers and plug in modem. You might need to reboot after the uninstall and again after the install.

Sil

PS, welcome to TS!
Old 21-December-2004, 10:06
Benny1001

Oh, no I have installed the drivers first....
Infact - I have tried installing the drivers first, last, and in the middle(!)
Still no joy.... I have also asked BT for any revised drivers incase that was the problem... but no luck.

I am suspecting that is could be some USB problem of some sort....

I like your thinking - but naaah, that's not it.
Any other suggestions...?
Old 23-December-2004, 20:44
allaboutaol

Hi there

I think the problem u will be having will be your chipset drivers. What chipset is it u have and what is the driver date, it will probably be 2001. If you upgrade to the latest drivers (2003 or 04) then it should resolve it. This would also explain why the new usb ports are still the same problem as they are supplied their power by the chipset and there will not be a sufficient amount of power getting to the modem through the usb port. If it a SiS chipset you will definitely have to update, but no matter the chipset I advise you update anyway

Regards

Tags
adsl, broadband, bt, free, modem, router, voyager