Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 23-April-2002, 20:08
Tebbie

Default Let me introduce myself,,,,

Something Tony said is very true,, we dont know alot about each other here,, but perhaps it would be nice if we all did,, so I thought I would introduce myself to you all

I am Teber,, aka Tebbie,, aka Tebs, aka Piglady, and MOM to Tris and Dani I live in Bournemouth, Dorset, but am all american

I am married to a pretty kewl guy, who I miss terribly right now, as I havn't seen him in two weeks,,

I am a professional make up artist,, having worked in this field for about 17 years in Houston. Currently working my recently deseased parent's 'estate' which is keeping me busy,, if not doing my head in

I love reading, listening to music,, current fav group is Linkin Park,, headbanger music i am learning to love so I can have something in common with my 15 year old
My girls are the center of my universe,, and keep my feet on the ground. Tris is 15, going on 25, Dani is 11, and an amazing example of how an autistic child can be a success in a regular classroom environment , and if I am correct,, has the power to change the world we live in

I love animals, rainy days spend cuddling inside listening to music, camping, kite flying, walking on the beach, and generally enjoying life ,, I want to travel and see as much of the world as I can before the timer goes off

I tend to feel that it's important to understand where people are coming from in order to understand their actions or words,, this isn't an easy thing to do most of the time,, it requires me to keep my mouth shut and listen, which i find to be a challenge

I don't have any particular religious beliefs, except that we are all responsible for our own lives, and that should keep us busy enough

I love candy, chocolate most of all, but as a diabetic, i really have to watch out for that

I love playing on the internet,, but tend to go all "blond" when hubby tries to teach me something new,, but I think it's important to learn new things,, if only because it means alot to him, to see the light flicker in my eyes when I understand something

Ok, enough about me,, comeon,, how about some background on some of you?

if no one responds to this i will feel really silly,, so , come on,, and say something

tebs

oh, almost forgot,,I think I would move into Disney World if I could ,, there,, that should do it
Old 23-April-2002, 20:19
Screamager

Old[ish], but young at heart.

Love dogs, life & Mrs Steed [alphabetical order !]

Hate bigotry

No religion

Politically left of centre but open minded

Steed

Last edited by Steed; 12-August-2002 at 16:46.
Old 23-April-2002, 20:25
tony

Default me

suppose i have no option but to reply as i am sited as the one who said we do not know much about each other

am 57 , married, 3 kids, 6 and a bump grandkids, they keep me sane and younger, the kids just keep me poor.

am lucky enough not to need to work, or to earn a wage that is, 'retired' a few years ago and have never worked as hard since.

will tackle most diy jobs, both for myself and others, problem is eveybody thinks i am bored and must want something to do.

real interest in computers is building them, mine never has the side on the case as there is too much hardware passing through it

spend far too much time on the net, but it is interesting, can be profitable, the auction sites can be a goldmine, far too many people looking for bargains, but prepared to pay silly high prices, happy to oblige them!!!

leave the 'religion' to my wife, she is the christian in the family, me i just cannot get my head round it, they say it is simple, far too complicated for me.

thats about it, just 'normal and pretty boring' really [comments not invited]

live in Yorkshire, the rest of you are foreigners!!!!!!!
Old 23-April-2002, 21:19
gillbender

OK,

No kids (yet )

Have worked for amongst others American Express and The Post Office.

Boyfriend currently works as a tower/ground controller at Gatwick.

Live near W/L

Likes animals, the 'net, ADSL

Have Photoshop 7 and Fifa Worldcup 2002 did I say i love ADSL oh and all the latest chart cd's have I said i like ADSL

Hey I like footie too!!!!

oh BTW, you lot are GREAT too even F/B
Old 23-April-2002, 21:22
Tebbie

ahh Kewl Gill,, I always fly into Gatwick,, tell your b/f thanks from me for getting me down safely all the time

tebs
Old 23-April-2002, 21:28
fridgebuzz

You have Photoshop SEVEN ........

That's on my to get list ......

Oh did I tell YOU...I love ADSL too.....(the two are NOT linked in any way )

EDIT...I don't think that's enough detail to satisfy fenix GB
Old 23-April-2002, 21:30
Tebbie

I have photoshop 7,, but need to get my 15 yearold to teach me how to use it , I am still a psp7 addict
tebs
Old 23-April-2002, 21:33
Jenny

Default about me

Good idea, I'm new here,age 55 early retired from teaching(thank goodness).3 kids, 2 at uni and one just bought house nearby with girlfriend.

love cats, have 4 at the mo and would love to own a smoky or blue one.

I'm reading Sue Gee ,just discovered her and can also recommend David Guterson/Snow falling among Cedars.

Interested in most things,enjoy life

Jen
Old 23-April-2002, 21:35
squidgy

Seems like a good idea. Me, I live in gloucestershire, haven't lived here all my life though.

I'm a 28 year old man. In answer to the "which way do you lean question", I'd say I don't like to identify myself this way. But perhaps that's because I'm not in the kind of relationship that's totally ideal at the moment, I do have a boyfriend, but he's just been sent to a rehab centre in Cardiff!

Favourite bands are Garbage and Portishead, favourite dj's are Todd Terry and Deep Dish, favourite actor is Leonardo Di Caprio, and favourite actresses are Sarah Michelle Gellar and Clea Duvall.

Pointless fact number 1 - favourite kind of shoe is sheffield stc Cat.

I'd be a liar if I said I'm not sometimes capable of being a bit of a geek! I'm not totally geeky yet but I'm working on that one. But I'd say that I'm generally more interested in people than things.

Pointless fact number 2 - haven't practiced it so much lately, but I'm quietly proud of my ability to make excellent garlic bread, if I say so myself! Garlic butter soaked right through, not drippy or clumpy but just perfect in my opinion.

religion - was brought up christian but not without a buddhist influence, probably due to the fact that my great grandfather lived in india for much of his life unless I'm greatly mistaken.

okay! next
Old 23-April-2002, 21:36
Tebbie

Hi Jenny

Welcome to TheScream! I love cats too,, i get to borrow my daughter's cats (3 of them) when i visit the States very interesting animals,,

How did you happen upon this place? Get ready for the Welcome Wagon,, a friendly bunch of people here

Hope you enjoy and stick around for the refreshments later

tebs
Old 23-April-2002, 21:42
fridgebuzz

Wagonsssssss Hooooooo!

Hiya Jenny. Welcome

Enjoy TS.
Old 23-April-2002, 21:47
Screamager

Hi Jenny

Welcome, jump right in. The waters warm & the natives are friendly.

Steed
Old 23-April-2002, 22:26
Jenny

Thanks for the welcome all, I'll look in again.
Old 23-April-2002, 22:31
gillbender

squidgy:

Garlic butter soaked right through, not drippy or clumpy but just perfect in my opinion.

Marry me PLEASE!!!

:ding: :ding: :ding:

I love a man that can do PERFECT GARLIC BREAD
Old 23-April-2002, 22:39
katie

Oh where do I start.

Hi, my name's Katie and I'm an alcoholic.... sorry, wrong forum.

Et encore....

I'm Katie, I'll be 34 years old in a week's time and I'm a cute, sexy redhead!!

In 36 hour's time I'll be moving into a little house in Berkshire with my boyfriend Tankman (Tankie to me). We've been together for nearly eight months and they've been the best of my life so far. I was married at 20 to a policeman, divorced at 27 and then straight into a mentally abusive relationship with a much older man until two years ago. Since then I've been sharing a house with my cousin & her boyfriend and whilst it's been pretty much ok I CANNOT wait to move out, and believe me, it's a long story you don't want to hear.

Tankie is definitely my ideal man, we never argue, we try but we end up laughing, we've so much in common (tanks and planes feature a lot - Tankie works for a charter airline at Gatwick so hi to gillbender whose boyfriend is a ground controller there!), can talk about anything trivial or serious, but more than anything we just love being us and being together.

I work for a computer manufacturer doing application support & development - mainly MS Access databases but we're heading for the realms of Visual Basic now. Coming up for my 15th anniversary with the company, can't seem to leave.

My interests are varied - I love reading history, biographies of European Royal Families - I consider myself an expert on Queen Victoria's family, the murder of the last Tsar of Russia and the Abdication of Edward VIII. I love music, mainly anything from the early 80's (new romantics and all that) plus some slightly more modern stuff as The Mission, The Divine Comedy, James etc. I adore animals, particularly cats and abhor any form of cruelty to animals or children (even though I don't like children and will never have any of my own - hey that's impossible anyway, another long story for one of those dark winter evenings!).

I've no particular political persuasion. I'm somewhat religious but don't talk about it, it's personal to me. I have very very strong views on a lot of things which is why I tend to keep out of "heated" discussion on here - not that I'm ashamed of my views and beliefs but sometimes it's best to keep one's opinions to oneself. Pretty much though I'm a live and let live kind of person - let everyone do their own thing as long as it's legal and they don't harm anyone else.

I'm considered aggressive and stroppy at work but then I have to be. I can be very outspoken at times but at others can be as quiet as a church mouse. I'm still rather shy after having been bullied a lot of school which I don't think I've ever really gotten over but a lot of the time I can put a brave face on otherwise I'd never get anywhere.

Wow - that was therapeutic. Um, may I leave now?

Katie.
Old 23-April-2002, 22:43
STS

Default OK.. here goes....

Hi,

Allrighty Then.......... (cue drum roll)

I is a bloke, and 40 yrs old.

Live with partner (female) for over 9 yrs. Our 1st kiss was Sept 26th 1992 so this year is our 10th anniversary.

Live in a small village in Staffs... England... and enjoy our lifestyle immensely. Two Kids each from previous marriages (all boys, all Wolves fans) ages from 18 to 11.

A Prison Officer (for those who don't know) for 15 yrs +.....Presently working with Young Offenders..15 to 21.

Likes..... Fast Cars (not got one @ the moment)
Fast Bikes (got one @ the moment)
BEER
CURRY
All other things Alcoholic
Exotic Spicy Foods
All manner of music
Heart FM 100.7
Family life
My Privacy away from work
Computers & The Net (too remote for Broadband)
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

Dislikes..Few things really, none specific enough (or relevant enough) to list.

STS
Old 23-April-2002, 22:43
Tebbie

wow! we do have to talk ,, I used to read anything I could get my hands on the Romanov family and what happened to them,, will bend your ear at some point

yes you may leave,, remember to pick up your assignment on the way out

tebs

err.. this was directed at katie
Old 23-April-2002, 22:53
katie

Tebs, my dear, I've got loads of books on the Romanovs but they're nearly all up at my dad's house in Essex. One day when my better half and I have our own big house, I'm gonna have a whole room dedicated to all my books (hundreds of them) and have them all neatly organised by category.

You know everyone, I think we really really ought to organise a Scream day out sometime in the late summer, nowt fancy just a get together in a pub somewhere in England where those who would need to travel can stay in a cheap B&B or Travelodge or summat. Should we... shouldn't we.... or would it be too scary to see what everyone is really like in real life!!!! But we could all come as someone else, as per the chat the other week, and then try to guess who everyone really is!

Katie.

PS: I'm totally demob happy tonight, had a few drinks, ****ed off my cousin's boyfriend when I was talking loudly on the phone to my little brother, still have more packing to do before moving out on Thursday morning but Tankie's on his way home from Mexico now and I'll get to speak to him around 11am tomorrow - haven't seen him since an hour on Sat morning and I'm a bit lovesick, don't ya know. Must remember Tankie's advice - don't post when ****ed!
Old 23-April-2002, 22:56
Tebbie

@ katie,, just get yourself moved and settled in ,, we can plan a get together later on

am going to tell Tankie you posted while ****ed

tebs
Old 24-April-2002, 00:27
gillbender

night night

i'm off to sleep with the harmonious "Verve" ringing in my ears

"Bitter Sweet Symphony"
Old 24-April-2002, 00:28
Fenix

Default Do I have to

....all right then. I'm 53, married/divorced 3 grown kids. Lived with my partner 14 years. Live near Dungeness, fantastic wild place, My place looks over the shingle spit towards the Bird sanctuary

Crazy wild winds and fantastic fiery skies, luv it , luv it, luv it

Cook chinese, Indian and English, but can't eat a whole one at one sitting

I could tell you what I do for a living , but then I'd have to Kill yer

I do a fair bit of DIY/carpentry. and like a lot of guys my age, can turn my hand to most things, if needed.

Grow stuff, though had to import top soil as the garden is Shingle

Grow the Big beefsteak toms, grow fruit, cherries, pears plums.

That a do for now

fenix
Old 24-April-2002, 00:31
Safe Sane Consensual

Night Gill...... wishing you happy erotic dreaming

I'll be thinking of you

Old 24-April-2002, 04:01
我們被注定

Yes I think it would be nice if this thread wasn't hijacked. Also it might be a good ides if it was made sticky so that new comers can get a good feel of the-scream.

Ok My name is Keith, this is where the-beef comes from as my nick name at school was beef then it changed to beefy and then I used it for my website

I'm 37 going on 38 in a few days time. Married with 3 children 2 boys 1 girl. Girl was born on the same date as me and she is the best B'day present I could ever have had

I was a very bad boy by the time I left school and ended up sharing HM hotels with STS's companions on and off.

Developed a desire to find out why I was here on earth

At 20 I became a born again Chirstian and studied theology at bible college for two years. This is where I met Lorraine.

Stopped going to church and what not after some hellish experiences.

Had a really ****** time for quite while, had a nervous breakdown then was finally diagnosed as having Obsessive Compulsive dissorder. (no jokes please) It isn't washing or tidying although my wife wishes it was

Moved around a quite a lot but have been here in Aberdeenshire for over 10 years.

I play several Instruments and am currently working on a bit of music with my daughter featuring in it. Also fairly fluent in Cantonese.

Love the great outdoors but don't get to see much of it as I spend most of my life in the Chinese Takeaway I've worked in for the past ten years.

I love Sci-Fi and the computer and women and more women yep I love women did I mention women????

Can't think of anything else but it don't matter. I think you get the idea.

Beef

"Thinking about what you might not be able to control, only wastes time and energy, till it eventually becomes your enemy."

Last edited by The Beef; 24-April-2002 at 13:01.
Old 24-April-2002, 06:02
Tebbie

great post Beef will have to talk Sci-Fi one of these nights when it's just you and I ,,,, i read David Eddings, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks and a load of others. My fav epic series is The Belgariad

thanks for sharing a bit of yourself

tebs
Old 24-April-2002, 11:37
JeriSpice

Hi my name is Jeri. Know to others as Spice. No I am not a Spice girl. I am from the United States. I live in Michigan. I am 30 years old. ( yuck)

I am a Registered Nurse. I work in the emergency room. I hate the site of blood ( ) Love my work.

I like lots of things such as sewing, quilting, making web pages, fooling around in PaintShopPro. I love going to movies and eating the popcorn there. Humor is a big part of me. Make me laugh you got my heart. Too much serious stuff in the world for me. I am a people person.
I use to have a temper. I think it is gone not sure.. lol Does it ever truly leave. It is true when they say dynamite comes in small packages!!
I do not drink and I do not smoke. Well if I am mad there is smoke comes out my ears!!!lol

I am not married. ( Down Boys ). I have a MAN!! lol,, I met him here on the internet. Yoohoo JS you there?..
Online friends with Silver and Tebs. They are the best!!

I have one sister and a nephew. My parents are alive and kicking. My mom is medically retired lawyer now., My father is a lawyer.

I am a born again Christian. I hate talking religion. I hate talking politics because they only lead to arguments most the time. I do not care how others believe just let me believe in what is right for me.

My favorite foods are sweets and chili dogs. One day going to try a cat with chili...

My favorite movie well is the one that I am seeing at the time I am there. Have so many but a few are Titanic, BraveHeart, Knights Tale. Action movies kick it for me. Girlie chicks are ok too.

I drive a 1999 Grand Am. Looking at the Jeep Liberty right now. Going to trade in.

One thing I hate about myself. I judge people when I first meet them. If they make a bad impression on me it is hard for me to get to know them more. That impression is lasting.

One thing I like about me is that I am kindhearted. I do not like people who take advantage of others.

Pet peeve is.. People who degrade others to make themselves look good!!!!!

Ok guess that is enough.
Old 24-April-2002, 13:38
fridgebuzz

Jeri.....hi Long time no see you post.

W/B.

NEXT

bing
Old 24-April-2002, 16:27
Tony_Keith

Default Facts??

I am 117, but have a tendency to lie about my age.

Last year I moved to the NW to be near to my Mother, as she is now on her own following my Father's death.

I have two 'aliens', (teenagers), - one is taking her A levels - the other goes to a performing arts school. They both speak a totally different language to me, but they assure me it is an 'alien' version of English.

I am married with a very demanding 'spouse' who keeps insisting on luxuries - such as wall to wall floors and eating every other day.

I met 'er indoors in Tenerife, and realise now that I should have gone to Bognor that year!!.

I speak three languages - English, French - but am most fluent in Rubbish!.
Old 24-April-2002, 16:28
tambranstew

S'pose I had better add mine.

Names Stewart but I get called Stew or Stewy. I've lived in the USA in Nebraska for about about 9 months now until then lived in the Midlands in the UK.

I moved the the USA to be with my fiancee and now wife Tammy, 35, and her son Brandon wo is coming up for 6.

She divorced after being in a bad marriage - a husband that, while he worked, kept all his income for himself and used made Tammy pay all the bills. He even told her at one point that he didn't want to work that he wanted her to keep him and keep house.

Even now he comes round asking for us to pay his debts and bills. (LOL - he has friends watching us).

Tammy and myself met on the Internet - purely by chance. I had been fixing a friends PC and he went onto the Yahoo Chat rooms. At the same time one of Tammy's friends was showing her Yahoo chat rooms for the first time and we sort of clicked.

Tebbie gave Tammy and myself a lot of support and advice when we were finding it a strain waiting for the Immigration fiance Visa to be finalised.

Now though we are just waiting for the paperwork to be completed for the Fiance visa and we are currently waiting for permission so that I can see employment (not being able to work and contribute properly to the income for the household is a big strain on me - it makes me feel really down).

At the moment I spend a lot of time doing Ebay occupies my mind.

Currently we are trying to sell our home and move to be closer Tammy's parents, her mom is ill and her dad is finding it a strain looking after her and run two antiques malls so we intend moving near to them so that Tammy can spend more time at home and looking after them both and I can help Dad work the Antiques malls.

Brandon, Tammy's son is adopted though he is still at an age where is we don't tell him. I have a great relationship with him and he already calls me daddy.

Do I miss the United Kingdom? Not really - but saying that I don't find Nebraska a particularly nice place to live but I think that my view of Nebraska and particularly the area that we live is is tarnished by my wifes ex-husband and his family and the nasty little games they play (including mind games on Brandon and interrogating him to the point that he came home from being with them a physical wreck - we had to keep him off school).

I plan to return to working with computers at some stage - but at the moment I am in limbo because I can't get employment without a Social security number or permission to work.

Well - enough about me, what about the others...............

Stew
Old 24-April-2002, 18:42
Tebbie

hey Stew

sounds like you guys have been having it rough ,,,,, but on the bright side,, you do support Tammy, and at least you are able to be together to sort things out. Just try not to let the buggers get to you

tebs
p.s. am in Houston for a bit,, email your phone and I will give you guys a ring ,,, would love to talk to tammy
Old 24-April-2002, 19:23
Safe Sane Consensual

You asked for it.....

Genuine male living in West Sussex and still married to my schoolgirl sweetheart who is five years younger than myself

Admit to being born a little before 1950

Former Environmental Health Officer specialising in zoonoses (diseases of animals communicable to man) and member of liaison panel between MAFF, Public Health Laboratories and Local Authorities.

Incorrectly treated for depression following the death of my father. Eventually it was realised that the main problem was severe work induced stress. Counselling coincided with a major restructuring and strangely there was not a suitable job for me!

Offered a generous early retirement plan and decided to accept.

Decided to prove my father wrong and for a few years became a successful life insurance sales representative and really enjoyed the "work" Found the absence of continued pressure wonderful and enjoyed all the silly hotel promotions and bottles of wine for doing well!

Partner still working and I quite enjoy shopping, cooking and looking after her. Find housework boring and ironing is not on my new job description.

Married daughter is a published playwright and is just finishing her first novel. She's a fairly clever bunny with MA (Hons) from Edinburgh University for English Lit and a BSC from Napier University in Multi-Media studies.

My current sports are badminton, table tennis and in-line skating and I still keep in contact with friends from my old Gliding Club where I hold a Silver C Pilots qualification. Given up windsurfing from Worthing beach - it is too darn cold and I've been spoiled now by the warm waters of the Med!

My partner and I are both naturists and somewhere I believe there is pictorial evidence on T/S.

I'm not so involved now with the BDSM scene on the internet. I'm very good on The Scream and don't troll for new subs. My real life sub (not Mrs W/L!) would probably kill me (once out of role!) if she knew I had someone else either real or virtual. I'm quite a kindly Master and don't hurt people...much! It's basically role play and mind control situations and safe, sane and consensual.

Enjoy the use of a large garden and keep the lawn under control with a power mower and the extensive and tall hedges trimmed each year (we are not exhibitionists)

Love driving too fast

Can't understand why doing this was painful. Any ideas why?

Last edited by Worldlife; 14-August-2004 at 05:56.

Tags
123, adsl, bad, beauty, broadband, compare, computer, compy, email, google, happy, health, internet, isp, law, make, music, network, phone, public, sharing, shop, shopping, slow, speed, talk, tiscali