Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Orange / Wanadoo / Freeserve

Old 28-February-2007, 15:00
Telford

Default Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

trying to connect my xbox 360 to livebox through wireless adaptor,
my pc is a wired connection (to livebox) and both console and pc can see each other and claim to be connected but when i run "test live connection" on console, it fails at IP address !!
it allows me to enter IP address in maually but i'm not sure what i should be entering.

please help as this is driving me bananas !!
Old 28-February-2007, 16:11
Screamager

Default Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

Hi Telford.

Welcome to The Scream!

Found this which may cure the problem you have.

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XB...adoo%20Livebox
Old 28-February-2007, 18:44
Telford

hi mate, yeh i've been through all that, apart from the troubleshooting bit at the bottom, do you know how to disable security settings ??
Old 28-February-2007, 19:48
Screamager

Hiya.

Never used a Livebox, so I am in the dark as much as you are, lol.

However, I did find this from Orange's site, for disabling Security during a test, which might put you on the right track.

Damn, cant get the correct page to show here, so you will have to go to the link below.

http://www.orange.co.uk/membercentre...embercentrenav

At the very bottom of the above page, click on the link for....

How to connect wirelessly to your Livebox using the Orange wireless adapter

On the next page, about halfway down, click on the turned off security link in the text for....

note: If you have manually turned off security on your Livebox, select that you have turned off WEP/WPA.

I am sure someone else here has been through all this and maybe offer direct instructions.
Old 28-February-2007, 20:24
Telford

if i disable WEP and WPA, my livebox does not see my xbox.
i need to only have WEP security on because i have 'WEP key number' that i am prompted for on the console. i have also tried disabling livebox firewall but still 'IP Address failed'
surely some-one has successfully set up 360 to Orange Livebox ??
Old 07-March-2007, 13:55
?????

I've been having exactly the same problems... although I found that after disabling the security settings I could connect to XBL just fine. Briefly. Then it was back to no connection. It seems that the problem is adding the MAC address to the list of associated devices. I'm going to try hard-wiring the 360 into the router this evening in the hope that it will recognise the MAC and then go ahead and retry the wireless option...
Old 13-November-2007, 21:35
Tokega

I live in France and I, of course, also have a TV. I found that if you click "My Services" -----> "TV over ADSL" and then disable that. Then I was able to connect immediatly, with my Xbox...
Old 18-November-2007, 06:32
help

Default connecting a mac to live

Hi,
I'm trying to connect my 360 to live (i'm sure you could have figured that out...) and the network adapter shows wired.... but the ip failed. i've entered my address, but it still didn't work... what do i have to do? i have WEP security
Old 25-December-2008, 13:51
fygythte

Angry Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

I got rid of livebox firewall and wep key and IP address still fails!i got my adapter and gold 12m on christmas and i've been tryin to make it work for 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-December-2008, 14:06
juliand

my son is having this same problem. did you manage to sort it and how?

Ta vm
Old 27-December-2008, 19:13
chrishatesorange

sigh

had a wanadoo box, worked fine. orange send me a new one and make me send my old one back, epic failure. no router security, got rid of encryption, nothing. i actually have no idea how orange got their liveboxes xbox approved -.-
Old 12-January-2009, 21:23
helper

first go to the 360 dashboard

then go to network settings

edit settings

then scroll down twice to the wireless section and press "A"

it should show your wanadoolive box (i put mine right next to my livebox to get the best connection. select the live box by pressing "A"

It will then ask you for the wpa code just put the WEP code in with no dashes or gaps lll one long number and IN CAPITALS. might not have to but it worked straight away for me! do not press done!!!

before you press done press the button in ur livebox marked with a number 1.

now press done

test your connection and all should be fine.
Old 19-January-2009, 15:36
mattw1993

Smile Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

Ive tried hard wiring my 360 to my orange livebox and it dosent seem to work. my ipod touch, psp and wii all seem to coonect fine but when i try and connect my 360 to it, it passes all of the tests up to the MTU test i have no ideas what it is or how to fix it. help please?
Old 20-January-2009, 21:20
Dan

Question Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

my ethernet cable it in my laptop and the "network adapter" is working and then my "ip address" failes it there a way it can work i want to get x-box live
Old 01-February-2009, 17:36
adam!!

Unhappy Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

hi
my IP adress is keep on sayong its failed i need help to fix it
Old 17-March-2009, 21:55
Dannyboy9876

Hi there. I know I shouldnt be posting here (MACRO-BUMP) but I have a Similar problem.

I have my T.V. Next to my Computer (XP/Desktop) and I insert the ethernet cable into my 360 and the back of the computer. Then I test the connection.

First, it tests Network Adapter. Result is "Wired"

Then, it tests my IP Address. The result is "Failed"

Then, I go to "Edit Settings". My IP Address is OK. But my "Subnet Mask" and "Gateway" addresses are what my XBox 360 tells me what it shouldnt be.

My Primary DNS Server is 0.0.0.0
Secondary is also 0.0.0.0

Could someone help me?
Old 20-March-2009, 18:50
tombhoy

I am having mega problems with my livebox and xbox live. I have tried to get on and it is failing on the xbox live test. I have tried everything, pressing the no1 button, taking off the security, wireless and wired, portforwarding, DMZ, I have even returned it to ms but they say nothing is wrong with it. I get a Y error code starting with 0C02 which may mean that there is a problem with the EEPROM but I am not an expert. PLEASE HELP before the 360 gets dispatched with a size ten out my window.
Old 12-April-2009, 19:21
Tugerz

Thumbs up Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

Ok This is what I did When i Was on My friends Computer I typed in the Browser 192.168.1.1 Then it asked me for a UserName and Password The Password is Admin For Both I And if it askes You for a Password agin when Ur on the LiveBox Page Type admin for both again When u have Selected Settings there Should be Some sort ov setting saying Required for online gameing Disable It ! ..... But there Still a Problem theres 2 Ports Riight ? at the back of the live box the Second Port Doesent Work i Havent Figuired Out why ? So All i did was take His lead to the Computer Out ov the first Port on the Back of the live Box and Just Move the lead To his xbox To The First port Sorry But thats All i know He cant play On his Pc and His Xbox 360 At the same time And i Wouldent Disable Your Wep/Wpa Becasue other People can use your Wireless then i dont think you Wanna be paying for some 1 to Use it ... Hope This Helps
Old 11-July-2009, 08:03
ngggh

Smile Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

u cant have any other cables in i had ur same problem the xbox is to big for the live box if you take aout all theethernet cables it should work
Old 11-January-2010, 14:12
guest1

u cant have any other cables in i had ur same problem the xbox is to big for the live box if you take aout all theethernet cables it should work
Originally Posted by ngggh View Post
So what your saying is you can't be connected to your PC's internet whilst playing xbox?
Old 07-February-2010, 16:33
lynnie2703

Talking Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

OMG it really works, been trying to fix this since xmas!!!!! thank you

first go to the 360 dashboard

then go to network settings

edit settings

then scroll down twice to the wireless section and press "A"

it should show your wanadoolive box (i put mine right next to my livebox to get the best connection. select the live box by pressing "A"

It will then ask you for the wpa code just put the WEP code in with no dashes or gaps lll one long number and IN CAPITALS. might not have to but it worked straight away for me! do not press done!!!

before you press done press the button in ur livebox marked with a number 1.

now press done

test your connection and all should be fine.
Originally Posted by helper View Post
Old 07-February-2010, 16:38
lynnie2703

Talking Re: Orange Livebox vs Xbox 360 - IP Address Failed !!!!!

Follow instructions above from the person who gave step by step, i've just tried it and it worked first time!!!!!!

Been trying to fix stupid thing since xmas!!!!
Old 28-February-2010, 16:51
purplescotty

Worked for me to been pulling my hair out all weekend thanks lets hope it works when i move it upstairs
Old 28-December-2010, 17:51
Crusade14

This works!!! Why isnt it on the Orange or xbox websites? cheers made my boys day.
Old 05-January-2011, 23:07
hud

Thanks for this......worked for me too.
Old 19-August-2011, 13:06
ATurtelHead

hii everyone,, this seemed to work for everyone but im still having trouble . can anyone please help im useless at this kind of stuff.

Tags
adsl, cable, christmas, computer, connection, dns, failure, internet, ipod, key, laptop, line, make, network, offer, online, orange, router, security, settings, wireless, xbox, xmas