Old 30-October-2004, 00:18
Redwall

Default Netgear dg834g

Hi
I've recently signed up to Tesco braodband and after waiting 3 weeks for a technician to ring me back my 721 issue was resolved. This was using the speedtouch 330 on Windows xp. However I have 3 computers, the other 2 are Macs (G3 sys 10 and G4 sys10.2.8). So i bought a netgear dg834g to network them. My problem is:
1. The netgear, once installed via ethernet, won't connect to the internet on either mac. I get the message CHAP authentication failed and LCP down. I don't know what this means.

2. The netgear won't even install onto the windows xp. Everytime I try to activate the settings button it wants to put me online, which it can't and the page is unavailable offline.

I can get online via the speedtouch on the windows pc but my other computers are obviosly not connected. The Speedtouch freezes both my Mac compters when I try using it on them.

Tesco support won't help because they only offer advice for the Speedtouch 330. I.ve been told to wait two days for a technician to reslove the speedtouch conflict with my mac, but who knows how long in reality that will be.

What I'm aiming for is to connect all 3 computers using the Netgear dg834g, preferably the two macs wired and the pc wireless. getting one mac to work with the netgear would be brilliant at the moment though.

Any help so so much appreciated. Thanks.

Tags
dg834g, internet, line, netgear, network, offer, online, settings, speed, speedtouch, tesco, windows, wireless