Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > Expostulation Plaza

Old 27-December-2013, 12:42
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Resignation issue - the future of TS

Without naming individuals there was a genuine discussion in the "Name Change Request" thread about the use of the words "troll" and "slovenly"

Some took time and trouble to explain their use of those words and I thought I could make a neutral contribution to help resolve the issues that had been raised.

After thinking very carefully about the situation I posted a message at 4.58 and another one at 5.32. The latter post is shown as being last on the thread but is not actually there.

IMHO before (or in conjunction with) a decision to censor a thread by deletion of a number of significant posts those whose posts are being trashed should be informed of the reasons for doing so.

It would be easy to put a note within the thread itself that posts had been censored and the reason why.

This is particularly important when a Team Member is being criticised and the action then seen as a fair Team decision rather than that of the individual Team Member being criticised.

In this case I am very unhappy about the way the censorship has been carried out and the lack of explanation.

Don't all applaud but I am contemplating bringing an end to my relationship with "The Scream"

Whether with or without me best wishes for the future of TS.

Vic
Old 27-December-2013, 12:51
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Full thread content is now showing

The full thread is now showing!

Was it being censored temporarily or were there technical issues?

Rechecked and confirmed that in raising this query the thread was definitely shown as ended at 15.23 yesterday by Andrew's post

Vic

Last edited by Worldlife; 27-December-2013 at 12:59.
Old 27-December-2013, 13:40
Formerly exstreamuser

Default Re: Resignation issue - the future of TS

Vic, this most likely was a caching issue.
Old 27-December-2013, 15:27
Safe Sane Consensual

Vic, this most likely was a caching issue.
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Thanks andrew;

(Andrew with a semi-colon just got me the andrew you prefer but now it is printing andrew without me adding a semi-colon)

If this is indeed a caching issue is it one that needs to be resolved?
Old 27-December-2013, 20:23
Formerly exstreamuser

Yes. The board going back in time, posts appearing and disappearing are unacceptable. Just look to your reaction for a good reason why.
Old 27-December-2013, 21:35
Safe Sane Consensual

Thanks andrew;

Maybe I overacted to this problem but I believe it has again made a useful point for the future of "The Scream".

If TS is to be respected as a source of advice for others surely its own house should be reasonably free from flaws similar to this.

Sorry I am unable offer help to in this technical field as my level of knowledge is inadequate.
Old 27-December-2013, 22:06
Formerly exstreamuser

No Vic, you can be of much help. It has happened to you and it is bound to happen again. The reason why it happened could fall in a couple of directions. I must admit that I *thought* I had noticed this myself but could not be sure. You are sure though. In order to help pin the region to look at down, if this happens again, try both a refresh (F5) and a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) and see if the issue is corrected. I suspect in this case it may be.

If the board was more active, this would be easier to spot. I also just tend to leave a page open and refresh it from time to time. I post a few and I go. I did have a feeling that I was missing posts but had not made sense of it yet.

It may take a while to track down and resolve, so just be aware that it can happen and if there is anything you can do to help narrow it down, I am sure that input would be very helpful.
Old 27-December-2013, 22:20

I never noticed a problem and although by powers vested in me for other reasons I could have orchestrated such suppression I confirm I did no such thing.
Old 27-December-2013, 22:35
Safe Sane Consensual

Thanks Roger....... seems to point to the diagnosis by andrew. I am certain that I was working on another tab for TS and went back to the original page previously showing all posts. Some of the posts were missing on my system. I would of course had done a normal refresh to confirm the changes.
Old 29-December-2013, 00:02
Screamer

I use to be a member of Digital spy ! (sort of) but I found that they don't like any religious "opinions being aired ( even the truth ) .
After several years of constantly getting having my threads severed by them because of so called rules which forbid any opinion They did not agree with or was slightly one sided.. I take the view is that every ones is entitled to an opinion in particular if that opinion is right.. or had merit..

Tags
digital, free, happy, make, offer