Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL

Old 26-March-2007, 22:52
DCP11OC

Default AOL Live "Help" session.

I have been very patient with AOL for the past few months but it is starting to lay low now. As the following useless live chat shows how arogant and ignorant AOL is with trying to find out what is going on.

22:24:27SystemWelcome *********...
22:24:27SystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
22:24:27SystemConnected to eunadprod01-lux.ops.aol.com
22:24:27SystemInitial Question/Comment: Internet Connection
22:24:28SystemThank you for calling into AOL Live Help for Billing Support
22:24:28SystemMukesh Bhatia has joined this session!
22:24:28SystemI may be with some other members at the moment, please bear with me and I shall be with you as soon as possible
22:24:28SystemConnected with Mukesh Bhatia
22:24:46YouGood Evening
22:24:54Mukesh BhatiaHi
22:25:04Mukesh BhatiaGood Evening to you too
22:25:54Mukesh BhatiaCan you please elaborate your issue so that I can have a better understanding of it.
22:26:24YouThank you, I would like to make an enquiry why my broadband is slow between the hours of around 6.00pm - 11.00pm
22:27:26Mukesh BhatiaThis happens, as you and several other members are accessing the broadband at these hours which is called the peak hours. And due to the heavy traffic flow at these hours. The speed is distributed equally amongst the members so that you are not disconnected.
22:28:45YouI see. Can I ask why it is always between these certain times? It is unlikly that alot of people come on at that particular time?
22:30:46Mukesh BhatiaPlease understand, the number of people accessing internet during these hours is very high
22:30:50YouIf for example I would understand that it would change from time to time, it just seems somewhat odd that everytime at around 6.00pm (5.55pm - 6.05pm) the traffic flow is distributed.
22:31:47YouI would like to find out what AOL is doing about this, to improve her speed?
22:34:33Mukesh BhatiaAOL is definitely working towards improving this situation so that members like you are able to get better speed
22:35:23Mukesh BhatiaI request you to bear with us
22:35:58YouI hope so, because it is highly frustrating considering during these times websites take an awful long time to load.
22:36:35YouSorry to trouble you, can I also ask if there is a possible timescale when this problem might be sorted?
22:37:23Mukesh BhatiaI am unable to give you a time frame for this. However, please be assured, this will be resolved very soon
22:38:29YouThank's for the reassurance, would it be safe to say that it will be solved within the next 3 months? Or are we talking a longer term - possibly 6 months or even a year?
22:39:03Mukesh BhatiaAs told earlier, I am unable to give you a time frame for this
22:39:13Mukesh BhatiaIs there anything else I can help you with?
22:40:00YouYes please, I would also like to know when my internet speed would be upgraded to 2Mbps?
22:41:03Mukesh BhatiaI have checked the details and it shows that the speed upgrade is still in the process. It is an automated process and is being completed by BT. As soon as your line has been upgraded you will receive a confirmation email on your master Screen Name.
22:42:06YouThanks, how long will this process take?
22:42:53Mukesh BhatiaThank you for calling in to us. Please come back to Live Help if you have any further problems. Goodbye.
22:43:03YouYes I do have a problem.
22:43:10YouYou have ignored my question.
22:43:27YouWhy is this?
22:43:33Mukesh BhatiaAs told earlier, I am unable to give you a time frame for this
22:44:03Mukesh BhatiaAs it has to be done from BT's end
22:44:27YouI see, so what is BT doing about this?
22:45:03Mukesh BhatiaYes, I suggest you to contact BT for more information in this regard
22:45:33YouWhy would I be inclined of doing that, it is AOL that should be contacting BT?
22:47:43Mukesh BhatiaI will escalate this issue to BT on behalf of AOL
22:48:56YouMuch appreciated.
22:49:13Mukesh BhatiaThank you for calling in to us. Please come back to Live Help if you have any further problems. Goodbye.
22:49:15YouThank you for your time, have a good evening and good night.
22:49:33SystemMukesh Bhatia has left this session!
22:49:33SystemThe session has ended!
Old 29-March-2007, 14:10
pstoeck7

Default Re: AOL Live "Help" session.

please help me......aol updates came in........now i cant get on it......
it says something else has or is accessing aol files...and close them so the update can finish...well......i keep having to turn my computer off to access it again....nothing has it....how can this be..
Old 03-April-2007, 03:08
goldenyears1940

I Recieved A Message From You Thanking Me For My Request For A Refund. What Is This I Didn't Ask For A Refund But I Did Take One Of Your Surveys. Is This What The Refund Is For? Thanks
Old 25-June-2009, 12:28
ericeric3

Talking Re: AOL Live "Help" session.

I have been very patient with AOL for the past few months but it is starting to lay low now. As the following useless live chat shows how arogant and ignorant AOL is with trying to find out what is going on.

22:24:27SystemWelcome *********...
22:24:27SystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
22:24:27SystemConnected to eunadprod01-lux.ops.aol.com
22:24:27SystemInitial Question/Comment: Internet Connection
22:24:28SystemThank you for calling into AOL Live Help for Billing Support
22:24:28SystemMukesh Bhatia has joined this session!
22:24:28SystemI may be with some other members at the moment, please bear with me and I shall be with you as soon as possible
22:24:28SystemConnected with Mukesh Bhatia
22:24:46YouGood Evening
22:24:54Mukesh BhatiaHi
22:25:04Mukesh BhatiaGood Evening to you too
22:25:54Mukesh BhatiaCan you please elaborate your issue so that I can have a better understanding of it.
22:26:24YouThank you, I would like to make an enquiry why my broadband is slow between the hours of around 6.00pm - 11.00pm
22:27:26Mukesh BhatiaThis happens, as you and several other members are accessing the broadband at these hours which is called the peak hours. And due to the heavy traffic flow at these hours. The speed is distributed equally amongst the members so that you are not disconnected.
22:28:45YouI see. Can I ask why it is always between these certain times? It is unlikly that alot of people come on at that particular time?
22:30:46Mukesh BhatiaPlease understand, the number of people accessing internet during these hours is very high
22:30:50YouIf for example I would understand that it would change from time to time, it just seems somewhat odd that everytime at around 6.00pm (5.55pm - 6.05pm) the traffic flow is distributed.
22:31:47YouI would like to find out what AOL is doing about this, to improve her speed?
22:34:33Mukesh BhatiaAOL is definitely working towards improving this situation so that members like you are able to get better speed
22:35:23Mukesh BhatiaI request you to bear with us
22:35:58YouI hope so, because it is highly frustrating considering during these times websites take an awful long time to load.
22:36:35YouSorry to trouble you, can I also ask if there is a possible timescale when this problem might be sorted?
22:37:23Mukesh BhatiaI am unable to give you a time frame for this. However, please be assured, this will be resolved very soon
22:38:29YouThank's for the reassurance, would it be safe to say that it will be solved within the next 3 months? Or are we talking a longer term - possibly 6 months or even a year?
22:39:03Mukesh BhatiaAs told earlier, I am unable to give you a time frame for this
22:39:13Mukesh BhatiaIs there anything else I can help you with?
22:40:00YouYes please, I would also like to know when my internet speed would be upgraded to 2Mbps?
22:41:03Mukesh BhatiaI have checked the details and it shows that the speed upgrade is still in the process. It is an automated process and is being completed by BT. As soon as your line has been upgraded you will receive a confirmation email on your master Screen Name.
22:42:06YouThanks, how long will this process take?
22:42:53Mukesh BhatiaThank you for calling in to us. Please come back to Live Help if you have any further problems. Goodbye.
22:43:03YouYes I do have a problem.
22:43:10YouYou have ignored my question.
22:43:27YouWhy is this?
22:43:33Mukesh BhatiaAs told earlier, I am unable to give you a time frame for this
22:44:03Mukesh BhatiaAs it has to be done from BT's end
22:44:27YouI see, so what is BT doing about this?
22:45:03Mukesh BhatiaYes, I suggest you to contact BT for more information in this regard
22:45:33YouWhy would I be inclined of doing that, it is AOL that should be contacting BT?
22:47:43Mukesh BhatiaI will escalate this issue to BT on behalf of AOL
22:48:56YouMuch appreciated.
22:49:13Mukesh BhatiaThank you for calling in to us. Please come back to Live Help if you have any further problems. Goodbye.
22:49:15YouThank you for your time, have a good evening and good night.
22:49:33SystemMukesh Bhatia has left this session!
22:49:33SystemThe session has ended!
Originally Posted by DCP11OC View Post
u have promised to give me 8 mbps speed but now i am having only 5 mbps why is this
Old 31-March-2010, 19:06
joes

you can only get the speed your line can carry,. ring bt and ask how fast your connection speed is and then ring aol and see if they can match it , if not, ask for a lower rate of payment, i did and got a lot of money off.
Old 23-June-2010, 20:43
cglives77@aol.com

Question Re: AOL Live "Help" session.

Could someone there please please try and tell me why my broadband is slow and I mean SLOW .You just sent me free of charge a new router but it is still very very slow .If I cant
get better sorry Iwill have to go elsewhere
Old 24-June-2010, 00:23
Screamager

Firstly as you have a router, if you can obtain the line stats from it and post those stats on here,we may be able to tell you more, the stats info we need are
line speed upload/download sync/data rate
Attenuation up/down
Snr values and info on errors recorded

the slower than normal speeds during those times which are regarded as Peak times, they obviously throttle connections or it is a result of over contention on the bt network, they will not change this, the majority do this
There are still a few isp's who don't but these place a usage cap instead,and tend to be more expensive,But that's adsl provided via BT Ipstream for you

If you want a better broadband experience and there are any good isp's who are LLU enabled at your bt exchange you would be better off signing up to one of those if you are able to get the llu service , if not don't bother as they would be no better than what you have now to see what you have available to you at your connected exchange if O2/BE or SKY are listed as available they are worthwhile considering ,but only if LLU as Sky connect and O2 Access are well know to be dire Exchange Checker

Last edited by tommy t; 24-June-2010 at 00:31. Reason: added link
Old 30-June-2010, 15:27
martynston

I have also been in dispute with Aol and they have given me 3 months free. I also installed a BT I plate accelerator. Things improved massively and after about 3 weeks I was getting up to and over 5meg in a 8 meg area which I was very pleased with considering I was sometimes receiving less than 1/2 meg at peak times. But I have now noticed my speed going down again and getting lass than 1 meg again at peak times. I will probably change ISP to BT after the 3 free months is over. Can someone explain to me throttle speed as I have heard this used a number of times?
Old 30-June-2010, 23:02
Screamager

Are you connected to their LLU at the exchange? if not you are already subject to bt's problems, so switching probably won't improve things for you, check the web site samknows see which isp's have their llu kit installed at the exchange, if you got sky/easynet or o2/Be then i would consider one of those, but don't sign up to 02 access as it again is resold btwholesale ip stream, and is capped ,the same with sky if they cannot offer you bb via llu then some one like Idnet maybe be a good option http://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/adslselector.jsp

Tags
accelerator, adsl, aol, broadband, bt, computer, connection, email, files, free, home, internet, isp, line, make, money off, network, offer, router, screen, sky, slow, speed, speeds, web