Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL

Old 15-December-2006, 11:06
mosid786

Default AOL favorites and emails have vanished

Hi everyone,

I re-installed AOL 9.0 and chose the option of keeping my existing account as it is. Now after logging into AOL my favorites have vanished and my AOL emails which are stored on the PC have disappered too.

Anyone know how i can get these back.

All help very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mo.
Old 18-December-2006, 15:25
spirit

Unhappy Re: AOL favorites and emails have vanished

The second tool bar on top of aol welcome page with favorites, connections, people etc. disappeared when I signed on. I lost favorites and cannot restore. I am in contact with AOL Tech Support and still cannot resolve the situation. Reinstalled AOL software with no results. Now I send for a new AOL software 9.0 CD and will try installing this to see what results I get.
Something is going on with AOL.
Old 30-December-2006, 12:07
cheyna

Default Re: AOL favorites and emails have vanished

I've had this problem every time I've had to reinstall AOL's software, and each time it happened, the favorites magically reappeared again in about a week or so time. It wasn't anything i did (knowingly) that brought them back though, so I just put it down to a bug in their software. All the same, it was very annoying!

Make sure you save your favorites into a file that you can import, or use a website like del.icio.us/ or google bookmarks as backup.

Last edited by cheyna; 30-December-2006 at 13:57. Reason: added link
Old 30-December-2006, 18:15
spirit

Hi,

Yes it is very frustrating. I never have recovered the AOL features and it's over 3 weeks. I decided to shop around for another ISP. I have been with AOL from their innception and am a very disappointed customer.
Old 30-December-2006, 21:37
cheyna

I was also looking for another ISP since my contract ended last week, but the reason i think i'll end up staying is because all the problems that i had with AOL (disappearing favorites, freezing browser, disconnection, popup ads, spam, strangers "finding" me on the messenger even though my settings were private to non-buddies, etc) have stopped now that i don't use their software to connect - and it took me some two years to figure out i could do that - duh, lol!

Last edited by cheyna; 30-December-2006 at 21:47.
Old 24-March-2009, 04:45
rterrymcintyre

How do I connect without using AOL as you mentioned. I am having all the problems your having and more.
Old 06-April-2010, 10:37
mblair65

Angry Re: AOL favorites and emails have vanished

Same here, emails came back about a week later - but favouites gone for good. I have some very special ones saved to. Tried AOL direct and could not help - they sent out a new router because 'something was wrong with my old one' and when I tried to install it I needed a password that was suppost to be sent separately - never arrived - phoned them and still not arrived.

I am moving after being a customer for AOL for years as thing are just not the same!!

Tags
aol, google, isp, lost, messenger, router, settings, shop, software