Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tesco ADSL Broadband

Old 22-December-2012, 19:34
Screamer

Default Tesco Broadband - using a Draytek modem

I hope someone can help as I've spent a few hours today to no avail.

Tesco supplied the TG582 router, which is actually pretty decent. However I want to use my Draytek Vigor 120 modem instead.

I have configure the modem to encapsulate PPPoA, 0/38, VC-MUX & ITU-T G992.5.

The status of the modem page shows it handshake and then "SHOWTIME" which I am assuming means successful connection. However, I don't seem to be able to authenticate over PPP after that.

I have sniffed the session, I see my PADI packet being sent but nothing ever comes back. I am using the correct username/password (as tested with the original router). I have tried spoofing the MAC of the TG582 router in case it was locked down - no joy. Have tried setting servicename to "HOME 500" as noted in another thread but still get nothing back.

I am running out of ideas here, can't understand why I don't get PADO packets back. Anyone had any experience connecting with a PPPoE modem?

Thanks
Old 26-January-2013, 11:27
Screamer

Default Re: Tesco Broadband - using a Draytek modem

Quick update - I just had another try and fixed the issue. I basically factory reset the modem and configured it to use PPPoA. I was then able to connect successfully using a PPPoE session from the laptop.

So there is no real mystery to the Tesco BB setup. Just use PPPoA and your username and pwd that they'll tell you over the phone. If you're getting issues using your own router/modem but the Tesco modem is fine then it's probably a h/w or config issue with your kit.

God speed.

Tags
broadband, connection, handshake, home, laptop, modem, phone, router, speed, tesco