Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > General Software

Old 27-July-2005, 12:54
gadgett

Default Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:10053..........

hi
can anybody help?

I have refomatted, using latest zone alarm ( xp firewall off) runing Norton anti virus.

when collecting mail i get:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 1810 octets follow.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

If i untick in Norton 'scan incomming email' i can recieve the mail. Thats not very helpful as i am exposed to vuruses.

Never had this problem before reformatting.

Any ideas appreciated

Gadgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by gadgett; 27-July-2005 at 13:02.
Old 27-July-2005, 15:29
Professor Yaffle

Default Re: Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:10053..........

It's best to eliminate causes one at a time, so try with Norton running but without zonealarm.

My copy of Norton is so old it doesn't scan email, so I'm not sure exactly what method it uses to get to see the email before your mail client does. I know how I would do it, but my way would not allow you to collect email if Norton wasn't running which it seems you can.
Old 27-July-2005, 19:21
gadgett

thanks onomatopoeia

have tried all sorts of this and that.
In fact i just reformatted again and have the same problem.

something may turn up

Gadgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 27-July-2005, 19:33

May help did post link but it wont work, so heres text

Error: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection . . ." when sending or receiving email in Outlook or Outlook Express

Situation:
When you attempt to send or receive email, you see one of the following error messages. You suspect that email scanning in Norton AntiVirus is causing it.
-- "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server error messages, network error messages, or a long period of inactivity. (Account: <account name>, POP3 Server: <server name> Error. Number 0X800CCC0F."
-- "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. (Account: <account name>, POP3 Server: <server name> Error Number:0x800ccc0f."
-- "XIMS: Outlook Express POP3, Error 0x800ccc0e, Socket Error 10061"
--"The connection to the server has failed. Account <account name>, server, <server name>, protocol, port 110, 0x800ccc0E."

Solution:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you begin:
If you have a Norton 2004 product and this error happened after running LiveUpdate and downloading a Symantec shared Common Client program update, then the problem has been fixed. To obtain the fix, run LiveUpdate again and download and install all available program updates. For help running LiveUpdate, read How to run LiveUpdate.
If Norton AntiVirus is installed as part of Norton Internet Security, read the document Cannot send or receive email with Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express after installing Norton Internet Security.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many causes of these error messages do not involve Norton AntiVirus email scanning. (See the Technical Information field for information on the causes.) As a courtesy, this document helps you find a solution, whether it is related to Norton AntiVirus or not.

How you solve the problem depends upon whether you see it each time that you try to send or receive email, or whether it only happens occasionally.
If you see the error message:
Every time that you try to send or receive email, read the following section "Error always happens when sending or receiving email."
Only occasionally, read the following section "Error happens infrequently when sending or receiving email."

Click the icon to the left of the section to either expand ( ) or collapse ( ) that section. (If you cannot expand a section, then read the document Cannot expand sections in a Symantec Knowledge Base document.)

Error message always happens when sending or receiving email
Begin with the first solution. It will tell what your next step is.

To verify that your email settings in Outlook or Outlook Express are configured correctly
Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for help configuring your outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) email settings with the current ISP address. If you have ZoneAlarm installed, then continue on to the next section. Otherwise, skip to the section "To configure your firewall program to allow Internet access to Norton AntiVirus, Outlook or Outlook Express."

To configure ZoneAlarm if the "pass lock" feature is enabled
The problem can occur if ZoneAlarm was not configured for ccApp.exe. If you have ZoneAlarm, then see the document Error: "Unable to initialize email protection. . ." when starting Norton AntiVirus with ZoneAlarm Pro Internet Lock enabled. If this does not fix the problem, then go on to the next section.

To configure your firewall program to allow Internet access to Norton AntiVirus, Outlook or Outlook Express
This can happen if your firewall settings have been set to block all traffic for Norton AntiVirus, Outlook or Outlook Express.

If Norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security is installed, then Norton AntiVirus (ccApp.exe) is allowed by default. Read the section "Settings in NIS or NPF" in the document Error: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. . . " in Outlook Express for instructions on how to configure Outlook or Outlook Express.
If you are using a firewall program from another company, then consult your software documentation or their technical support site for information on how to configure the program to give the following files Internet access:
Outlook Express: Msimn.exe
Outlook: Outlook.exe
Norton AntiVirus: ccApp.exe
Error message happens infrequently when sending or receiving email

If you would like to provide more information about this problem, then you can participate in our online survey. This survey will collect information about your computer configuration so that we can better isolate the cause of the problem.

Technical Information:
These error messages can be caused by the following:
Your connection to your ISP has timed out or been disconnected.
You have ZoneAlarm and the "pass lock" feature is enabled.
You have a firewall program that is blocking access to Outlook Express.
Your email settings in Outlook Express are not configured correctly.
If the error message happens infrequently when sending or receiving email, then the problem can be caused by an email with a large attachment that takes a long time to scan--causing the connection to time out.

For information on the specific error, read the Microsoft article for the error in the "Related Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express articles" section in the References field at the end of this document.

References:
Related Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express articles:
XIMS: Outlook Express POP3, Error 0x800ccc0e, Socket Error 10061
OLEXP: Error Finding POP3 or SMTP Servers When You Send or Receive E-mail Messages
Error Message (0x800CCC0D) When You Use an ICS Connection
OLEXP: Outlook Express Error Codes
OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail
Old 29-October-2006, 02:38

don't put Zone alarm on XPsp2.....in fact don't put that POS on anything you want to work XPsp2 already has an integrated version of ZA that works far better than the stand-alone version ever did
Old 16-December-2006, 13:25
toshe25

Taltalk has given me the following web page to access emails:-
www.mail2web.com this is a third party website not affiliated with TalkTalk in anyway, but it works when I can't get messaeges from Outlook Express or talktalk webmail

hi
can anybody help?

I have refomatted, using latest zone alarm ( xp firewall off) runing Norton anti virus.

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 1810 octets follow.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

If i untick in Norton 'scan incomming email' i can recieve the mail. Thats not very helpful as i am exposed to vuruses.

Never had this problem before reformatting.

Any ideas appreciated

Gadgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Originally Posted by gadgett View Post
Old 29-December-2006, 23:52
Phil_CUFC

i am trying to set up microsoft outlook to use my emails but i need a server url anyone know what the talktalk server url is?
Old 30-December-2006, 13:16
Optimistic Curmudgeon

I did a 'ping' for them and came up with 193.118.251.181
Old 22-November-2007, 21:32
tempestuous redhead

Smile Re: Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:10053..........

i am trying to set up microsoft outlook to use my emails but i need a server url anyone know what the talktalk server url is?
Originally Posted by Phil_CUFC View Post

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...howFAQ=PCOUTEX

should show you exactly how to get your e-mail running in outlook express

If your using another mail program heres the page with the list

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...tSelect=E-mail

I had the same problem but I followed this guide and now it's working perfectly for me. Hope this helps
Old 10-July-2008, 20:04

Someone said that xpsp2 has a version of za integrated which is not true.

Microsoft has their own firewall software that they intgrated into the operating system.

It works very well and generally does not interfear with any of microsofts products.

When You use a third party firewall, you need to check to make sure it is not blocking any of your existing software.

Most third party firewalls will scan your computer during their installation but they can still miss things.

Best thing is to use the built in firewall.
Old 27-August-2008, 10:33
Alcides

Hi
anyone can help me, when i open outlook express comes this error and all message doesnt inbox.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.induve.com', Server: 'mail.induve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Last edited by silver; 05-October-2008 at 10:04. Reason: edit - remove email addr
Old 05-October-2008, 06:18
bantiranjeet

Old 21-October-2008, 12:57
katmai

i think run outlook without the Norton Anti virus.. some option from emial scanning can block port 110 and you cant receive email.

try to turn off email scanning.

Tags
blocking, broadband, company, computer, connection, email, feature, files, internet, lock, mail, make, network, online, port, product, security, software, survey, talk, talktalk, virus, web, zone, zonealarm