Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 20-January-2014, 13:28
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Pictures of "Grammer" School Open Day

"Pictures of Grammer School Open Day" was the printed poster from our local newspaper. I guess most of our readers will find this a sad reflection of the standards of newspaper employees these days!

Is this any better or worse than recent thread headings on "The Scream"

"Widows" are sadly the women left behind by a deceased partner.

"Windows" are glazed apertures through which one can see the outside world and a brand name chosen by Microsoft for their computer operating system software.

Hope there are not too many Google searches from women in need of help or support being wrongly diverted to "The Scream"

Vic

Last edited by Worldlife; 20-January-2014 at 22:35.
Old 20-January-2014, 21:38
Scrimper

Default Re: Pictures of "Grammer" School Open Day

Sorry I don't understand what on earth this post is about? Is there supposed to be an image here? I don't see one.
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 20-January-2014, 22:32
Safe Sane Consensual

Sorry I don't understand what on earth this post is about? Is there supposed to be an image here? I don't see one.
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Did you not notice that the spelling of "Grammer " was not correct?

Did you note that several threads on The Scream are headed "Widows" when the real subject is "Windows"?

I do not see any reason for expecting a photograph to be posted

Old 21-January-2014, 00:34
Scrimper

I do not see any reason for expecting a photograph to be posted

Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
Perhaps because the thread heading commences with the words Pictures of!

I expected to find a funny picture ? That's all.
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 21-January-2014, 00:39
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: Pictures of "Grammer" School Open Day

I got it as soon as I saw it, that's why I didn't reply... it said it all, along with Worldlife's post.

The incorrect spelling and grammar we get these days really annoys me... and don't even get me started on punctuation... or to be more precise, the lack of it or incorrect use of it!!
Old 21-January-2014, 05:21
Safe Sane Consensual

I agree with both Druid and Jenonnet!

For absolute perfection perhaps the thread should be headed:-

"Pictures of Grammer School Open Day". This would, however, have caused people to think that I am unable to spell correctly!

For those who have problems with spelling I therefore used the thread title

Pictures of "Grammer" School Open Day to stress the problem word. (This line should really be in quotes but avoid confusion I have highlighted this in the colour magneta!)

It should have been clear from the content of the post.....

"Pictures of Grammer School Open Day" was the printed poster from our local newspaper that I was not intending to post a picture (sentence highlighted in red to avoid further confusion with quotes)

I agree a picture might have been helpful but I did not have a camera available .

As is raised on a different thread "The Scream" does not have an upload images feature for the forums and members can only link images stored elsewhere. This would have caused posting difficulties.

I am not sure if that would be helpful for those with difficulty recognising that "Grammar" was misspelled as "Grammer".

Do I now get an "A" grade for both punktuition and spelling?

Last edited by Worldlife; 21-January-2014 at 05:30.
Old 21-January-2014, 10:45
Scrimper

I must admit I did not notice the spelling, I believe that ones brain gets so used to seeing bad spelling these days that it starts to ignore it and accept bad spelling as a norm.

I do always try to spell correctly although I would never correct another posters incorrect spelling as I think it's bad form.

Personally I am more annoyed by the use of 'text' language such as people who write words like 'mate' as m8 etc, perhaps it has a use on a mobile but some people use it as a norm nowadays.
Old 21-January-2014, 12:03
Foxy Lady

Personally I am more annoyed by the use of 'text' language such as people who write words like 'mate' as m8 etc, perhaps it has a use on a mobile but some people use it as a norm nowadays.
Originally Posted by druid View Post

I quite agree there druid, I know it's easier and quicker to shorten words when texting but it confuses the hell out of me!!

My other half has her own text speech... she doesn't use the normal expected shortened text speech, she makes her own up... takes me ages to figure out what she's trying to say!!
Old 21-January-2014, 15:16
Safe Sane Consensual

I never taught myself to touch type the numerals.

It is quicker for me to type "mate" than it is to look at the keyboard and type "M8"

Thanks for your explanation Druid - now understand all
Old 21-January-2014, 19:16
Foxy Lady

It isn't as easy with the new smart touch phones to type numbers anyway, sticking to the letters & typing the whole work is far easier in the long run.
Old 22-January-2014, 06:00
Safe Sane Consensual

It isn't as easy with the new smart touch phones to type numbers anyway, sticking to the letters & typing the whole work is far easier in the long run.
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
Goes on knees before a woman who has the ability to operate a complex mobile phone device

Whoops - sorry for the sound effects
Old 22-January-2014, 09:21
Foxy Lady

I love you Worldlife!! You brighten up my day with your very dry sense of humour!!

Never mind about the sound effects honey, it happens a lot as you get older... one of the many benefits of ageing!!
Old 22-January-2014, 12:43
Safe Sane Consensual

I love you Worldlife!! You brighten up my day with your very dry sense of humour!! <snip>
....and you dear Jenonnet are a most intriguing and appreciative audience

If we both did not have partners there could be a lovely platonic relationship and "The Scream!" might progress as a dating agency.

Old 22-January-2014, 14:08
Foxy Lady

....and you dear Jenonnet are a most intriguing and appreciative audience

If we both did not have partners there could be a lovely platonic relationship and "The Scream!" might progress as a dating agency.

Awwwww, bless you honey!!
Old 23-January-2014, 07:19
Safe Sane Consensual

Awwwww, bless you honey!!
Is that a Freudian request for a honeymoon?
Run off with me to Gretna Green and our honeymoon will be a cruise.

If all goes well will be back soon. The return trip from Portsmouth to Spain only takes a few days

Old 23-January-2014, 09:08
Foxy Lady

Is that a Freudian request for a honeymoon?
Run off with me to Gretna Green and our honeymoon will be a cruise.

If all goes well will be back soon. The return trip from Portsmouth to Spain only takes a few days

You're way behind the times... don't you know they stopped the Gretna Green wedding thing years ago?? Back to the drawing board... you'll have to come up with something better than that!! By the way, I like Greece better than Spain... much nicer people there.
Old 23-January-2014, 10:46
Safe Sane Consensual

You're way behind the times... don't you know they stopped the Gretna Green wedding thing years ago?? Back to the drawing board... you'll have to come up with something better than that!! By the way, I like Greece better than Spain... much nicer people there.
Are you saying my Gretna Green booking is a scam? It's still available on the internet

Package price wedding deals at Gretna Green

If you really want to go upmarket how about this then as an alternative to make me feel in the mood for love?

I'll book the ferry from Brindisi to Corfu

Old 23-January-2014, 23:22
Foxy Lady

Oohhh Worldlife, that's a very majestic erection!! I just love it!... Especially as there are no corners for dust to collect in!!

The ads for ceremonies at Gretna Green are valid, they just don't do eloping any more, you have to post the banns and wait, just like anywhere else.

Corfu sound most agreeable... sun, sea, sand & ............ sangria... although myself I'd prefer a black Russian or two!!
Old 24-January-2014, 04:21
Safe Sane Consensual

Well I guess that assures "The Scream" we have not eloped ...... YET.

It did not occur to me that lighthouses are always circumcircled . I guess that detail comes from someone with insider knowledge and aware of safety issues.

You are right about the need for a duster and it is recommended, for best performance, that a feather one is used every day on the lantern. A hosepipe should be used regularly to get rid of any smelly deposits of salt and seaweed in the outside crevices.

Black Russian?

Saw a trailer for a steamy documentary on a Black Sea resort

It seemed there was too much "Sun, alcohol and sex"! Include the sun each time and I can manage two out of three.

Wondering if we might look like mum and dad trying to take part in a teenage party? I just could not keep myself up with the alcohol input of the youngsters ;

Old 24-January-2014, 22:32
Foxy Lady

Feather dusters every time, nothing but the best will do.

A black Russian is a mixture in a tall glass of a shot of vodka, 2 shots of Tia Maria & topped up with Coke.... mmmmmmmm!!! My favourite drink. Of course, if that isn't available, vodka & cranberry juice, or vodka, line & soda would be fine, or my second favourite drink, Southern Comfort & lemonade... another mmmmmmmm drink!! Yum!!!

You wouldn't have to worry about keeping up with the alcohol input of the youngsters... I'll manage that for both of us, especially with any of the above, as my system is quite happy with them. Wine doesn't sit so well with me anymore but my faves do!!
Old 25-January-2014, 06:46
Safe Sane Consensual

<snip>
You wouldn't have to worry about keeping up with the alcohol input of the youngsters... I'll manage that for both of us, especially with any of the above, as my system is quite happy with them. Wine doesn't sit so well with me anymore but my faves do!!
Looks like the honeymoon will have to be "all inclusive" :

Tend to prefer lager instead of overpriced wines at restaurants. A Campari soda is a good compromise. My cocktail addiction is to "White Russian" but a few years ago few bar people knew how to make it!

Certainly prefer the kick of Mexican coffee liqueur to the sweeter Tia Maria!

Old 25-January-2014, 11:28
Foxy Lady

Most definitely 'all inclusive' is the best way to go, as long as the drinks are included (they're not in all 'all inclusive' deals!)

My daughter prefers white Russians but I don't like them, far too sickly for my tastes. Kahlua liqueur, the Mexican version of Tia Maria, is OK too, I just love the coffee taste... I'm strange like that, always went for the coffee creams & Turkish delights in a box of choccies... you could have the rest as they didn't bother me!

I used to drink pints of mild years ago but you can't seem to get it these days. Loved Caffreys too, really creamy, used to drink that often until I got a bad pint, was ill for days, haven't touched it since!! Pity really, as it's a nice drink and cheaper than shorts with more for your money.
Old 25-January-2014, 17:12
Safe Sane Consensual

Forgot the champagne! Our all inclusive might include fizz for breakfast!
Old 25-January-2014, 17:37
Foxy Lady

Well I hope it's a nice one, there doesn't seem to be many that are! Might just stick to my black Russians or SC & l instead.
Old 26-January-2014, 15:00
Screamer

The moment i turn my back, the kids have graduated from "grammer" schools to elopement!!!and that too Gretna Green, no less!!!
Old 26-January-2014, 15:33
Safe Sane Consensual

The moment i turn my back, the kids have graduated from "grammer" schools to elopement!!!and that too Gretna Green, no less!!!
Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
Don't be a sour puss.

You could be maid of honour if that would be OK with Jen

Don't forget the confetti
Old 26-January-2014, 19:18
Foxy Lady

Maid of honour would be fine with me, as long as silhouette wears a nice dress.

Twinkly sparkly confetti would be acceptable too, I like twinkly sparkly.
Old 29-January-2014, 18:18
Screamer

ha ha haaaaaaaa!! Sour puss indeed!!! well, thank u, dear people for deigning to include "poor ol' silhouette" in ur elopement party ! Lady Jen, i guess i shd wear a dress in army fatigues design for camouflage, rt?!?!? (as for the confetti, i guess i shall use d flower petals gathered from the precious blooms in d garden u both have been so painstakingly looking after!!!) tee heeeee heeee!!!
Old 30-January-2014, 04:19
Safe Sane Consensual

Anyone seen the bride to be? Perhaps she has had a hen party and having a hangover........... or even chickened out

On the other hand it might be difficult to see her if she is wearing an army fatigue designer wedding dress with matching underwear.

perhaps Silhouette knows something I don't know

Last edited by Worldlife; 30-January-2014 at 04:26.
Old 30-January-2014, 04:48
Safe Sane Consensual

WANTED
MISSING BRIDE-TO-BE
LAST SEEN WEARING CAMOUFLAGE WEDDING DRESS

Tags
bad, computer, dating, deals, design, feature, flash, google, happy, line, make, mobile, scam, share, software, sound, spain, windows