Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Networking

Old 28-February-2010, 18:02
tommhoppy

Question creating a wifi to ethernet bridge?

hello all,
I have a main wireless router which is connected to the internet, in a different room i have a laptop which is connected to the router via wireless and also a desktop pc, i want to be able too create another little network in this room which connects to the internet through the laptop, this means i would be able to connect the desktop to the network and it would be online i also may want to add another computer to the network in the future. is there any type of wireless router i could add to the second room that could connect to the internet through the Ethernet of the laptop?
Also when i try to bridge the wireless and lan (ethernet) on the laptop the laptop looses connection to the internet as it seems to be trying to connect to the internet through the lan (ethenet) instead?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Tags
computer, connection, internet, laptop, line, network, online, router, wireless