Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > TalkTalk

Old 15-September-2010, 23:39
camperdownfamily

Default VPN Problems with TalkTalk

I routinely need to work from home on my work laptop and to connect back to the server in the office both for email and to upload / download files to and from the server. This used to work fine on TalkTalk, but since about three months ago, I can get connected and I can happily download email and files, but I can't send email with attachments or upload files to the server.

Any emails with an attachment just sit in my outbox until I get back into the office, and any files I try to upload to the server take ages to time out, and when they do, the report a communication error with the server.

Other than these problems, but TalkTalk broadband appears to be working fine.

I am using the DSL-2640R D-Link modem supplied by TalkTalk, and I have also had the exact same problem and my parents-in-laws house, also connected to TalkTalk, but using a more basic single ethernet / Usb port modem suppled by TalkTalk.

Using my same work laptop, I have tried connecting from non-TalkTalk locations (hotels at home and abroad), and from our third party IT support supplier, and everything performs fine from there, plus my colleagues who are not on TalkTalk do not report equivalent problems - so I am pretty convinced the underlying problem is something to do with TalkTalk.

Any ideas greatly appreciated, before I chuck in the towel and look to change to an alternative ISP.

Thanks
Old 16-September-2010, 13:26
Screamager

Default Re: VPN Problems with TalkTalk

Switching isp should do the trick,talk talk are rubbish

Old 03-July-2011, 21:56
PIPSPaul

Did you ever get anywhere with this or did you end up switching ISPs? I've been having exactly this problem for the last few months.

If you ended up switching ISPs, who did you go to and have you had similar problems?
Old 09-October-2013, 12:04
Screamer

Ive played around with most of the other alternatives to VPN (proxy, VPS etc) the best bet if you are using connection for hiding your IP and wanting to watch geo restrictive Television then VPN is definitely the way forward.

Best to check the reviews of exactly which ones support all of the channels that your desire. http://www.vpnreviewer.co.uk has a pretty comprehensive list.

Tags
abroad, broadband, connection, email, files, forward, home, isp, laptop, modem, reviews, talk, talk talk, talktalk, upload files