Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 18-November-2011, 11:32
LuaKT

Default New connection and router - High SNR

Hey,
I recently switched to BT Business Broadband over from BT Total Broadband. Previously I was using the BT Home Hub and getting a sync speed of 3.5k. When I switched over to Business the Homehub wouldn't connect and would just crash, I tried flashing it but ended up bricking it so went and got myself a Belkin F6D4630-4, working finebut only syncing at 2.5k with a SNR of 16 and attenuation of 56. I feel that that the SNR is far too high for my line causing the speed to be super low.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19-November-2011, 19:05
Screamager

Default Re: New connection and router - High SNR

Hey,
I recently switched to BT Business Broadband over from BT Total Broadband. Previously I was using the BT Home Hub and getting a sync speed of 3.5k. When I switched over to Business the Homehub wouldn't connect and would just crash, I tried flashing it but ended up bricking it so went and got myself a Belkin F6D4630-4, working finebut only syncing at 2.5k with a SNR of 16 and attenuation of 56. I feel that that the SNR is far too high for my line causing the speed to be super low.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by LuaKT View Post
that's bt's DLM and antiquated profiling system for you, lots of disconnects by you ,will have caused it to raise the tsnrm to 15db, ring their support it's supposed to be uk based ,so there should be a good chance of getting them to reset it to the default of 6db, Also on another note if you are within the first 10 days (training period) if they run that on business broadband ,will have to complete before they will do anything, only thing you can do is ring them, there maybe a fault with your line causing it

Old 19-November-2011, 19:08
LuaKT

that's bt's DLM and antiquated profiling system for you, lots of disconnects by you ,will have caused it to raise the tsnrm to 15db, ring their support it's supposed to be uk based ,so there should be a good chance of getting them to reset it to the default of 6db, Also on another note if you are within the first 10 days (training period) if they run that on business broadband ,will have to complete before they will do anything, only thing you can do is ring them, there maybe a fault with your line causing it
Originally Posted by tommy t View Post
I have called them twice, first time he told me he would see what he can do, nothing happened. Second time I spoke to someone who did a line check which came back with no errors and because of that she would not be able to change my SNR. Seems without causing an issue to the line myself, the tech support aren't going to help =/
Old 19-November-2011, 23:37
Screamager

I think if you just leave it connected the connection will improve. The worst thing you can do is keep resetting it. That will be seen as a dropped connection. A similar thing happened to me so my profile was temporarily reduced. It takes a few days to sort itself out.
Old 19-November-2011, 23:39
LuaKT

I think if you just leave it connected the connection will improve. The worst thing you can do is keep resetting it. That will be seen as a dropped connection. A similar thing happened to me so my profile was temporarily reduced. It takes a few days to sort itself out.
Originally Posted by snoozy View Post
Hmm yeah, I know that the Ip profile gets reduced if you reset too much, I hope it's the same for the SNR setting also.
Old 20-November-2011, 17:41
Screamager

Yep - mine was. Went from 15 back to 6. Took several days but all good now.

Tags
belkin, broadband, bt, bt business broadband, bt home hub, business broadband, connection, home, home hub, hub, line, router, speed