Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > PC Security

Old 28-October-2009, 16:43
Screamager

Default BitDefender 2010 Products(Problems)

Hi i recently upgraded from bitdefender internet security to the current release 2010,
within a few hours i was aware of things(modules not functioning properly)

having to continually re-start my system following a product update,(by default is set to every hour

A new feature "Automatic game mode" which is supposed to detect a game and reduce the av side of things and stop autoupdates,and scans

but this would also detect windows screensaver as a game and even IE7

it has deleted several system files(false positives) one being windows installer,lol

some of these things have now been fixed,via major updates,

but the problems with the update module are still present after 2 months or more after release, most problems are with running it on a pc using win xp sp2-3 32bit
at the moment it will check/download updates sometimes 2-3 times in any 1 hour,it at the moment does not need the system restarting to complete the update,but as it still is not doing so as it should, this is still annoying

vista x64 seems to be a lot less problematic,

my advice if you are thinking about buying this don't not until you have seen how it runs on your system, by downloading the 30 trial,(which is exactly the same version) as the full subscribed one, same functions everything

Tags
feature, files, internet, product, security, windows