Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tesco ADSL Broadband

Old 04-October-2008, 13:23
Tiina

Default Tesco dial up and cancelation

I know this discussion is about tesco broadband, but I dont know where else to post.
I got a new computer this summer and tried for 3 weeks to connect to the web with Tesco dial up. But each time I could not get online except to their site to fill in my name adress, bank details etc, and whenever I phoned them, they said the problem was at their end and would be fixed in a day or two, but it never was. Then, after three weeks of this, they told me they had 'no timescale' for sorting the problem out. So I told them to cancel my account and delete all my details. I switched to plusnet broadband and am happy with their service. But this Wednesday Tescos sent me a bill for two months dial up access, and when I called them, they said that they had no record of cancellation and that I would have to write in to them, which I did. But I feel worried about it all, as when I cancelled in August they said that I would not be hearing from them again. Has anyone else had this sort of problem and, if so, how did it get sorted?

Tags
broadband, cancellation, computer, happy, line, new computer, online, tesco, web