Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 09-August-2010, 19:23
Jessica Vaughan

Default Anyone know how to contact a member of The Scream Team

Emails are falling on deaf ears. Does anyone actually run this forum ? - any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-August-2010, 19:24
Jessica Vaughan

Default Re: Anyone know how to contact a member of The Scream Team

I have been trying to contact a member of the Team at The Scream with regards to a comment that was made some years ago. The comment made incorrect accusations without verifying the facts with the persons named in the comment. i have also been advised that it is an abuse to provide a third person's full address on the internet without their permission. We are currently in the process of reporting the website to Google. In the first instance, we would like the comments removed - the reference page is http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t21459-3.html. I understand that you are a member of The Scream and I would appreciate a response before it is necessary to consider legal action.
Yours sincerely,
Jessica Vaughan
Old 09-August-2010, 19:29
Jessica Vaughan

It is part of the course, that anyone in PR, regularly scans the internet for articles on their clients. These are checked for the level of brand awareness that is being achieved but also for inaccurate information.
It is becoming increasingly obvious that the internet - whilst a fabulous global forum - is virtually impossible to control at all times.
I came across an article that referred to Jessica Vaughan, Eddie Irvine and a number of companies that had been posted on a forum called The Scream. I read the article with bemusement and then anger

What an absolute load of rubbish - off-shore bank accounts indeed !. Jessica Vaughan is, without doubt, the PR Agent for Eddie Irvine. Track Marque was a bespoke VIP hospitality service that entertained guests at Formula One races, until Eddie Irvine retired from the sport. EMG was a company, in association with Sohu (the biggest internet portal in China), that provided a template for SMS text competitions to the Chinese market - long before the plethero of SMS competitions hit the mainstream media in the UK. Track Marque ran a limited number of SMS messages to a small group of people who registered for the service via an advertisement in a well known sports magazine. This service was operated under the strict guidelines of ICSTIS (the governing body at the time). Prizes included free tickets to F1 races and concerts - it was a 'brand awareness' campaign. Jock Mooney was a customer who alleges he never registered to the service and for any inconvenience caused, was recompensed handsomely - he appears to have forgotten to include this!. Unfortunately the web of intrigue, implied by this lengthy article, is no more than a distortion of the facts and a hefty dose of fiction ... with a few mystery names added for maximum effect.

The concern is that comments like these are apparently regulated and approved by the host website before publication - despite the fact that they did not contact at least one of the parties for a 'quote'. Attempts to respond to this article have so far been unsuccessful and there are no contact telephone numbers or addresses for the host company - just some random email links.

We have therefore resorted to reporting the 'blogging abuse' to Google and we await their response.
Old 10-August-2010, 13:04
Fuel = Coffee & Smoke

Over 2yrs ago,

jeeez get over it
Old 10-August-2010, 23:00
Screamager

Yawn
Old 10-August-2010, 23:08
Screamager

War crimes trials. Devastating floods in Pakistan. Troops killed in Afghanistan. Oil leaks. Poverty. Sexual predators.

GET A LIFE.
Old 10-August-2010, 23:27
Jessica Vaughan

If you want to remove content from Google's search results, that content should first be removed from the web or blocked from search engines. We run into a lot of people who think that Google runs the web and controls all the sites on it, but that's really not the case. The sites in Google's search results are controlled by those sites' webmasters.

To remove content (including INCORRECT INFORMATION) from search results, the site owner has a few options. The site owner can remove the concerning information from the page, take the page down from the web entirely, or indicate that Google shouldn't crawl or index the page.

After these changes are made and Google has crawled the site again, the content should naturally drop out of the Google index.

However, if you need to urgently remove your site's content from search results, or if you need to remove Google's cached copy of a page that has already changed on the website or stop Google from showing results for a page that has been taken down completely, you can use Google's removal tool to expedite the process. To use the tool, you'll need to follow certain requirements, detailed below.

If you own the site, you'll need to make the changes to your website yourself and then request removal of the problematic page from Google's search results using the URL removal tool in Webmaster Tools.
Once the changes have been made, you can request removal of the content from appearing as a cache copy or snippet in Google's search results by using the public URL removal tool. (It bears repeating: The site owner must have first made the required changes to the site, or this process will not work to remove the content from search results.)
The URL removal tool is designed for URLs that urgently need to be removed, such as URLs that accidentally expose confidential data. If you recently made changes to your site, Google’s crawlers will see this when recrawling URLs, and any outdated pages will naturally drop out of our search results over time.
Old 11-August-2010, 01:05
Jessica Vaughan

It is rather alarming that you all seem to have rather silly names - but we appreciate your feedback with regards to this matter.
Old 11-August-2010, 07:55
Screamager

Now she has an issue with our names. Jessica, forum members the world over use nicknames. It is to preserve anonymity for reasons of online security and it also provides a bit of fun - something you appear to need a large dose of.

I can't speak for everybody but I have been a member of this forum for a few years and it has been informative, helped me on a number of occasions and provided some light relief and distraction when required.

I don't profess to know the ins and outs of your particular grievance, but one thing this community does not lack is integrity and respect.
Old 11-August-2010, 10:01
Jessica Vaughan

Ahem - "preserve anonymity for reasons of online security" says Everton 66 ... " community does not lack is integrity" - is this the same forum who has plastered private addresses to a worldwide audience and allowed allegations (of quite a serious nature) not to be verified by the persons mentioned in the article. Have a grievance - fine !. Check it out before creating a delusional 'web of intrigue'. Post wonderful informative articles on forums - even better. In all other respects, your 'Scream' looks jolly interesting for anyone interested in that sort of thing but surely a simple reporting of an article on justifiable grounds did not deserve such a vitriolic backlash
Old 11-August-2010, 11:39

Angry Re: Anyone know how to contact a member of The Scream Team

Jessica Vaughan

I'm not going to bother with looking at all the background to this except to say that I assume that your continued rants are all about your name and details being available on the internet and, in particular, on The Scream!

Your 'details' are easily available/obtainable, as you have found out when you did a search. You should have taken suitable precautions at that time and not attempt to cover up/erase now.

You have already received a reply from a Moderator. If you are not satisfied with that - tough! You are not likely to get any further response from us unless a member so chooses.

This reply is posted without consultation with other Moderators/Admins.
Old 11-August-2010, 12:33

like gem says there are two important facts to bare in mind, the information you are talking about being posted on this forum was freely obtained, when you register a domain that information is made public - that is how the domain registration system works, it is not private information being published it is already public information

I believe you have received an email and the issue is being dealt with, you can of course choose to keep posting and complaining but all your concerns are being addressed already

It is becoming increasingly obvious that the internet - whilst a fabulous global forum - is virtually impossible to control at all times. - have you been living in a cave.. your observation was not new 10+ years ago when this site was created
Old 11-August-2010, 12:52
Jessica Vaughan

Thank you Silver.
Old 11-August-2010, 13:23
chrislane62

Why do I always think of a fluffy bunny when I see the name Jessica?
Old 11-August-2010, 13:51

Talking Re: Anyone know how to contact a member of The Scream Team

I don't know
Why do I always think of a fluffy bunny when I see the name Jessica?
Originally Posted by chrislane62 View Post
Old 11-August-2010, 14:17
chrislane62

HTML Code:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yy5THitqPBw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yy5THitqPBw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-August-2010, 15:01

a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the internet underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
Old 11-August-2010, 16:02
Jessica Vaughan

Thank you Silver AGAIN ! - you have restored my faith in humanity. Unfortunately the A Team were binge drinking in Miami and unable to find the keys to the van
Old 11-August-2010, 21:34
Screamager

a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the internet underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Failing that, my Viking longship is available to hire... Sorry,but wireless internet, GPRS, Google Earth, and most of other modern day electronic comodities are not available due to not having any batteries..... we only have rowing power We do have a freefone help no starting 0906 available from our homing pigeon division. As it goes to ICSTIS you may have a long wait for a reply though........... Is this thread actually acheiving anything

nuff said, over & out S**t, damn pigeons ugh!
Old 11-August-2010, 23:16
telcos

Jessica Vaughan,
I am genuinely sorry to hear that those posts have caused you annoyance, it most certainly was not the intended purpose.

The purpose of the posts was to give a heads up alert concerning potential premium rate fraud against the public.

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...91&postcount=7
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...10&postcount=8

Join the Premier VIP members club...

www.vipclub4u.com is an exclusive members only club operating through your mobile.
For monthly updates on forthcoming Music and Sports Events plus entry in to our monthly
VIP Draw and Priority Reservation on Concert Tickets, simply text JOIN and send to 88999.

VIP Club members ONLY are entitled to buy tickets at face value.
---------------------------
Terms & Conditions
[]
Entrants registered with this service are not obliged to enter every draw and can STOP anytime by texting STOP to the short code 88999. This will omit them from receiving any further text messages regarding this service.
[]
Employees of Track Marque, or relatives thereof, including those of associated companies or any company or organization connected with the service in any way, is not eligible for entry.
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...7&postcount=16
Dear valued customer.
The service you are trying to access, provided by Echovox on short code 88999 has been shut down for an unlimited amount of time due to material fraud and misappropriation of customer information.
Please refer to your personal phone records and observe any billing relevant to number 88999 and this service.

To make an official complaint please contact UK premium rate regulator ICSTIS on
http://www.icstis.org.uk
telephone 0800 500 212
If you want to be angry at somebody you should start with the people who failed to carry out any proper due diligence testing on their business partners.
Old 12-August-2010, 10:34
Jessica Vaughan

I do not understand. I have just inputted the number 88999 into the ICSTIS service check and it lists this company :-
PhonepayPlus has the following information about the shortcode number 88899.

This is a text message service charged at premium rate. The types of services operating on this number can be ring tones, jokes, games, tarot, chat, mobile internet services (WAP) and more.

This service costs £1.00 per text
If you would like to find out more about this service you should contact the company listed below.

Million-2-1 Ltd
Unit 125, Ducie House
35 Ducie Street
Manchester
M1 2JW
0161 236 3010
info@million21.com
Old 12-August-2010, 10:38
Jessica Vaughan

Have just spoken to ICSTIS (PPP) The short code that had been allocated to us for the VIP Members was a shared short code - we had no idea that other services would being used on this, sending out all manner of material. It is just a real shame that our information was included on your website.
Old 12-August-2010, 10:48
Jessica Vaughan

I had an email on Friday and was told (not asked) to have the information relating to contact details for Eddie Irvine (via his PR Agent) removed from public view. I started the week, absolutely incensed with what I had read in regards to overshore accounts, links with companies we had never heard of and the implication that we were involved in some terrible scamming. Thanks to members of The Scream (it took a little while to get over the horrible responses) you have managed to make it all seem a little better. I am only doing my job. Thank you for your kind offer of viking boats, references to "fluffy rabbits" (not in the slightest bit correct) and other support. The VIP Club is no more but if it were, I would offer you all free membership and a weekend on board a luxury yacht moored in Monaco harbour (crew are all female unfortunately).
Old 12-August-2010, 11:47

Smile Re: Anyone know how to contact a member of The Scream Team

........ a luxury yacht moored in Monaco harbour (crew are all female unfortunately).
Originally Posted by Jessica Vaughan View Post
We should be around there in six weeks time!
Old 12-August-2010, 20:49
telcos

I came across an article that referred to Jessica Vaughan, Eddie Irvine and a number of companies that had been posted on a forum called The Scream. I read the article with bemusement and then anger

What an absolute load of rubbish - off-shore bank accounts indeed !. Jessica Vaughan is, without doubt, the PR Agent for Eddie Irvine. Track Marque was a bespoke VIP hospitality service that entertained guests at Formula One races,
[]
Track Marque ran a limited number of SMS messages to a small group of people who registered for the service via an advertisement in a well known sports magazine.
Originally Posted by Jessica Vaughan
http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/vt.php?...int&highlight=
sirijak
2:55 07/11/05
83736 jokes
Quote:
Did you hear about the divorce Barbie? It comes with all of Kens stuff!
This is the latest in a series of jokes i have received from a premium rate number that I never subscribed to. In fact have never subscribed to any text service whatsoever. I have sent a few stop messages which have been ignored and have just been searching for info online.
I went to the 3 site and found that the 83736 service is provided by Puca and it said for more info contact 0845 130 9911 or enquiries@trackmarque.com Dont bother trying the link because for some reason it takes you to a site about Formula 1 (yes, the cars!) hosting.
dangerjunkie
9:13 31/01/07
SMS Spam - TAKE THAT (81303 Trackmarque)
81303 Hi,

I'm travelling (Timezone currently GMT+3) and last night at 10pm (7pm GMT) I received the following from "TAKE THAT":
Quote:
"WOW! The Boys R Back. TAKE THAT 2007 UK Tour. Win VIP Tickets and pre-book with VIP Club. Txt CLUB to 81303. Trackmarque Ltd info@vipclub4u."
During the night I received 16 (yes, sixteen) copies of the same message from these scumbags. I can't turn my phone off as I'm on call for work. As you can probably imagine I didn't get a good night's sleep.

My ICSTIS complaint went in this morning. I can't STOP ALL as I'm not on a UK network right now.

Cheers,
Paul.
Have just spoken to ICSTIS (PPP) The short code that had been allocated to us for the VIP Members was a shared short code - we had no idea that other services would being used on this, sending out all manner of material. It is just a real shame that our information was included on your website.
Originally Posted by Jessica Vaughan
I think it's time Jessica made specific links to some of the posts that have caused her so much 'anger'.

Also may be she could identify the specific posts where she claims off shore accounts are mentioned.

EDIT
and just to make clear-this message appeared on the vip4u.biz web-site(not a web-site that was sharing the short code)
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...91&postcount=7
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...7&postcount=16
Dear valued customer.
The service you are trying to access, provided by Echovox on short code 88999 has been shut down for an unlimited amount of time due to material fraud and misappropriation of customer information.

Last edited by El Gringo; 12-August-2010 at 21:13.

Tags
abuse, company, crack, email, fraud, free, google, internet, line, make, mobile, music, network, online, phone, premium rate, premium rate number, prizes, public, registration, security, sharing, sms, web, wireless