Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL

Old 06-May-2007, 23:41
Whenderson

Default Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

Hi

Does anyone know a physical UK address I can mail a letter to about the abysmal service I've received from AOL since I joined......a real, mail address in the UK for AOL, something that will not require me to call their bloody call centre in India any more, ever. (I can't see that info on their website, surprise surprise0.

Also, who is in charge of AOL in the UK, so I can address it to them.

And does anyone know approx how much it would cost me to buy myself out of my contract....I have only been with them about 3 months, so another 9 to go.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-May-2007, 12:37
Rennie

Default Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

good luck hope this link works
http://help.aol.co.uk/what-to-includ...02100809990027
Old 11-May-2007, 21:51
mp512

AOL Cancellations Department,
PO Box 328
Waterford,
Ireland

(they want your logon name, and last 4 digits of your credit card to identify the a/c)

AOL (UK) Limited,
68 Hammersmith Road,
London, W14 8YW.

Also a Customer services dept in Bristol

Registered office >

TPH Services Srl
65, boulevard Grande-Duchesse Charlotte
L-1331 Luxembourg
Registered number: B 122 040
Old 12-May-2007, 20:38
rockape

Sorry to hear that someone else has found AOL to be uncontactable and totally incompetent. They are currently trying to bill me for a service which they failed to provide, and worse they prevented me migrating to Pipex by refusing to give me my MAC Code and maintaining control of my line for 6 weeks after i had left them. I had to cancel my direct debit with them, to even make them acknowledge that i had decided that they were bloody useless. They have now set their debt collectors on to me for all of 17.99! It will take them forever to get anything more from me. Good luck mate, and pass on to everyone you know to stay WELL CLEAR of these lying cheating and useless rob-dogs.
Old 03-November-2008, 21:40
nikkihavlin

hi i read your post on the scream website (if thats right) about your problems with AOL. Did you manage to get it sort? and are the still sending the debt collecters for your 17.99 that they say that you owe them?

i have been having problems with AOL myself. i have been having bad connection problems. i had a netgear router to start with and it started playing up. i phoned AOL and they kept sending me emails to fix it. problem was i could not get into my emails to read it. When i did i was nae long disconnected. when i treathed to leave them the said they would give me broadband for 6.99 a month free unlimted calls no fee upgrade to 8gb and a new router. so i stayed with them. But yet i still had disconnection problems with them even with the new router. (they gave me a speed touch router) so i have been phoning and phoning them and i have been given the run around with them. They have blamed so much instead of themselves. i demaned a new router and they would not give that to me. but last tue a router turned up in the post (an other speedtouch) and i am still having connection problems. what a carry on. some one from aol phoned me the day the new routor turned up and said he would help me get this fixed. I had to phoned him on friday as he never phoned back when he said he would. thats when i got the new router set up. i have been emailing the person who rang me last week to let him know i have been having connection problems with the new routor. he has never emailed me back or go in touch. i got a phone call today from AOL asking how i was getting on with the new router so i told him. he said he was going to do yet an other line test ( i think i have had about 10 or more now from them) then they were going to contact the engener to get what ever problem it is i am having fixed. not heared back from him.

Are you still fighting with AOL? did you get your MAC code? They refused to give me mine. they wanted to get this fixed. i told them its been going on for months. what internet provider are you with now? are they any good?

Nikki
Old 13-November-2008, 15:01
Paul White

Formal complaints procedure

What to include in your formal complaint
Address to Complaints Management Team
Alain Meric, Vice President of Member Services Office
Date(s) of incident(s)
Name of Member Services representative you originally spoke to, if known
The nature of your complaint
Your full name and address
Your AOL screen name
Telephone number

Where to send it:
c/o Member Services
PO Box 387
Southampton
SO30 9AL

Guess who im currently writting to
Old 21-November-2008, 20:08
EFCbluenose

Smile Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

Aha! Excellent, a place to write to in the UK!

I cancelled my subscription July this year and got a MAC code to transfer. After receiving my quarterly statement, I noticed they had continued to take 34 out of my account each month!!! So, after a lengthy phone call to an Indian call centre I was told I would receive my money back within 21 days and the account closed. Guess What!?! YEP, THEY'RE STILL TAKING MONEY OUT AND NO REFUND!!!!!

I'm going to write to this address, with a threat I'll report them to Watchdog if I don't receive my refund and my account IMMEDIATLEY CLOSED, I'll give them 5 days to respond to my letter via a phone call.
Old 28-January-2009, 13:43
Adyver

I have been having exactly the same trouble with AOL, they have taken 4 unauthorised payments of 24.99 from my account. As the payments were unauthorised I asked my bank to make an indemnity claim against AOL. My bank has refunded the money to me and are reclaiming it from AOL. I also spoke with OFCOM who were extremely helpful. For anyone in the UK experiencing payment issues with AOL there is an organisation called CISAS who will on your behalf mediate with AOL. There is a cost involved but no matter what the outcome AOL have to pay it. Needless to say AOL do not like anyone using the services of CISAS.
They can be contacted on 02075203827. It is now my sole aim in life to make things as difficult as possible for AOL. (Sad I know)
Old 11-March-2009, 12:01
margaret@aol.com.uk

Angry Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

I cancelled my membership with you in 2004 and changed to Wanadoo as it was then before it became Orange who I am with now.but you are still taking a monthly payment of 5 95 and now you are taking 9 95,I wrote to my bank to stop the direct debit,but they say I have to write to you I need an address for the Uk.I recon you owe me at least 300.
Old 30-April-2009, 12:42
Rose

Post Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

Hi hope this will help.
The phone number and address I have is in Ireland. I know it works because I spoke to them this morning. They were actually very helpful. I am now with BT Internet.

AOL Cancellations Dept.
PO Box 328
Waterford
Ireland.
Phone No. 08444995555

Good Luck.
Old 06-May-2009, 12:27
mmarionalex

Thumbs up Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

thank you for supplying me with exactly what I need, even the telephone number. i am having no ends of problems with aol.
marion
Old 23-May-2009, 12:44
Tom, Romford

I stumbled upon your letter which sorry I cannot help. I like the wandering Albatros am searching in vain for an address for AOL to contact a human being who can sort out a simple problem. I have had a contract cancelled by AOL and the last payment returned by them. Now many months later I am receiving threatening demands for said money. Despite their assurances the matter is closed I still receive final demands and threats to be referred to a credit rating company. Does anyone else have examples of AOLs bullying trading ways. The lesson is don,t go near AOL, get a dongle!!!
Old 28-May-2009, 14:47
rhodacoules@sky.com

Angry Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

I TO am looking for an e.mail or physical address for aol in the uk. I have had a contract with them for years now i cannot contact them to get out of it. As the previous unhappy customer said you hang on the telephone l was told this week l would be put through to the cancellation dept, but after a few clicks the line went dead, and it's not alocal call. You simply cannot get through to anyone who knows anything about your account. But they continue to charge your bank account month after month. It is simply immoral.
CAN ANYONE HELP??
Hi

Does anyone know a physical UK address I can mail a letter to about the abysmal service I've received from AOL since I joined......a real, mail address in the UK for AOL, something that will not require me to call their bloody call centre in India any more, ever. (I can't see that info on their website, surprise surprise0.

Also, who is in charge of AOL in the UK, so I can address it to them.

And does anyone know approx how much it would cost me to buy myself out of my contract....I have only been with them about 3 months, so another 9 to go.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Whenderson View Post
Old 31-May-2009, 00:25
Vin

Do not trust AOL, their customer service is rubish which run from India I have beg problem with them.
Old 11-June-2009, 12:20
Peter Bellenes

Thumbs down Re: Mailing Address please for AOL HQ in UK

I cancelled my service months ago and now they are trying to bill me through a debt collector for a service they don't provide!!!
Old 01-September-2009, 13:27
lynchl

I am having the same problem, cancelled in may noe they are trying to bill me for last couple of months, even though therre have not provided me with a service.....and same problem no address in UK to be found..........I wont be paying this...........Im now with BT Thank God
Old 22-September-2009, 12:26
joleewilk@talktalk.net

guess what they have done exactly the same to me, tried to get me to ay for a service that i had 2 and a half years ago, moved house ,have had to sort legal advice on this and sent letters from my solicitor, very unhelpful company.

I cancelled my service months ago and now they are trying to bill me through a debt collector for a service they don't provide!!!
Originally Posted by Peter Bellenes View Post
Old 26-September-2009, 20:44
THwoodchipper

Hi, I thought it was only me that had this problem. Now, I see many examples of my problem being highlighted. I have about a dozen e mail replies stating "I will certainly be able to help you with your query today". Then nothing happens so I try again, get a similar reply along with an e mail address that does not accept ingoing mail. Now I know the size of the problem, I guess I will be a little more persuasive. Good luck all, I think I can feel BT coming back into my life.

regards,

Tony.
Old 27-September-2009, 03:12
Screamager

they are not much better,if better at all, after being with my current provider,i would sooner not have bb than use most mainstream isp's as all make it sound as they are giving you a good deal when in reality they are giving you very little in return for your hard earned dosh, where as most isp's throttle,for 12 hours per day,do not cater for online gaming,and have caps in the small print when the service is advertised as "unlimited"
most isp's only want you to browse the web,send/receive e-mails, as little bandwidth is required for such activities, where as downloading big files be it from the likes of rapidshare usnext or p2p torrents, they want to curb the use where they can,
they may lure customers into their trap by offing bb at low prices such as the people who own aol now talktalk,6.49 + line rental with free eve and wk,end calls,beware 18mth contract,40gb cap on d/loads, interleaved only connections and quite possibly use traffic shaping(throttling)
Old 27-May-2010, 17:05
kimrogers5

Thumbs down harassing telesales calls

I am fed-up to the back teeth of AOL. Over the last 2 weeks I am getting several telesales calls from them, despite being on their list not to make telesales/marketing calls. I have phoned 4 times over the last week, all originally telling me it will take 48 hours for their marketing office in SOUTH AFRICA to get the message! I am already on this list, why should they be told again not to keep on pestering me? I have pushed the matter each time, and am always told they will then make it a priority so the calls stop straight away. Have they heck!

What makes it even worse is that every time I answer a call nobody is there! I spoke to my local trading standards/consumer office today, and they said that they were in breach of contract from the very first sales call made after registering with their no call list.

I am on dialysis and awaiting a call from the transplant register for a kidney. I HAVE to answer these calls in case it is them. They are also potentially blocking the transplant register from getting through and I could miss the chance of a kidney if I do not answer or the line is engaged, as they will probably go on to the next suitable recipient. I cannot risk that. These calls are coming in at the rate of several per day - the trading standards lady said that could be regarded a harassment, and to state that fact when I send in a written complaint. She gave me a contact address for this:

Chief Executive Officer
AOL
80, Hammersmith Road
London
W14 8UD

If you are suffering from a similar problem, she said to write to them, stating they are in breach of contract and to also quote "The Supply of Goods & Services Act, 1982".

She is also going to be sending me, by email, a template letter for the complaint. Once I receive this, I will post it here for all you guys to take a look at.

I hope this posting has been of some help to others as well as letting me let off a little steam about my problem.
Old 02-July-2010, 12:40
YeOx

I had been a customer of AOL for ten years, i paid by standing order and never a problem on my part.
I had the audacity to want to change my server, i tried to communicate with several of their call centre staff - but had great difficulty with their accents and speed of talking! Finally, i got a response via a letter noting i was cancelling 'talk talk.' Hurray!

A few days later i had a call from AOL, i was told they had sent a 'Final bill' to my email address - But i had not responded, i replied, 'That's because you have closed my account!!' and, 'I cannot access my emails, so either send the bill through the post or email to my new account' - So i can see what you're billing me for.' We cannot do that, they replied. So, i said, how can i pay you then? ''Online through your AOL email account'' Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
This went on for a couple of weeks, Impasse. Finally (Or so i thought..) One of the more comprehensive call centre staff said ''Forget it, you won't hear anymore about it, i didn't know you had cancelled your account.'' Yippee.
Several weeks passed, and a Debt collection agency letter dropped on my door mat, initiated by AOL!!!
At least i got to see some figures as to what they claim i owe them, i'm disputing them presently.
Hell will freeze over before i ever consider using their 'service' again.
Old 03-July-2010, 06:09
Screamager

Hell would have to freeze over before i would be paying them, as the law is on your side here, they have failed to bill you in a timely manner infact they failed to bill you at all,as they are so inept it's untrue,
but they ao hell tiscrapi, talk the talk are all one of the same company and all operate the same way diabolical if they where giving away 12 mths free i would not sign up to them no way ,

Old 08-August-2010, 15:56
jaysdowell

Got this off AOL website today (8 August 2010) so presumably it might work. I am sending a complaint to them today

Corina Conlon King, Head of Complaints
Complaints Management Team
C/o Member Services
PO Box 387
Southampton
SO30 9AL
Old 16-November-2010, 11:38
marina

thank you i have taken the address you have given , i am also going to make a complaint to AOL as i am fed up of them charging me for a previous address as well as the one i have just moved to grrrr
Old 06-January-2011, 18:46
Raspberries

I am also going to complain about them putting up the charges and not telling me. If you have an account with them watch out for this.

Tags
aol, bad, blocking, broadband, bt, cancellation, company, connection, credit, dead, email, files, free, happy, internet, line, mail, make, netgear, online, orange, phone, router, sound, speed, speedtouch, talktalk, web