Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 23-March-2010, 12:04
Appuleius

Default Cant get Tiscali off me back and its hurting!! What a fine bunch of .......they are

I was told when I signed up for TalkTalk (in Carphone Warehouse Meadowhall Sheffield on 12/2/1910) that EVERYTHING would be done for me to changover from Tiscali, including cancelling my account with Tiscali,and MAC code etc.
WELL the BB and Phone service went live on 27th January, this was fine and exactly as promised, and I am satisfied with BB and Phone package.
BUT Tiscali are pestering me to pay there account up to 31/3/'10
I phoned Tiscali on 28th January to ascertain my account had been cancelled, I was passed from department to department and spoke to mainly ladies with Indian accents, then one lady said please phone 0871 222 3311 our cancellation department, I did
then they confirmed my account was NOT cancelled, and to send proof I was with TT, I photocopied page 3 of the TT Welcome book and posted it recorded delivery (past experience has taught me when dealing with Tiscali NEVER do anything which you cant prove later!) I was told to post it to P.O.Box 14505 Birmingham I did exactly that with all details a/c No etc. Incidentally the phone call messing about with the 0871 number cost me £4-60 despite I am with TT for all time calls!
I received a letter from TalkTalk (NO mention of Tiscali on the letter at all just my Tiscali Cust Code) saying We have notified BT to remove our BB service from your landline on 31st March !!
Getting jumpy I phoned TT to make sure I would not loose all services from them on 31st March, they assured me I would not, and said these letters were sent out from a Mr Nigel Pearson by error!
Today 22nd March another Indian lady phoned me demanding I pay them up to 31st March, I politely refused, saying they had NO chance whatsever, and put me in court if you want to! she would not let me speak to a superviser, but told me post evidence to 11 Evesham Street London W114AR giving evidence of being with TT fro 27th January, I told her I had done this before on THEIR request with the address they had supplied me with, she said Birmingham was not the correct place!
I wont go on any more (I could)
YES I KNOW THIS IS PERHAPS NOT THE CORRECT PLACE TO COMPLAIN BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME I UNDERSTAND TT OWN TISCALI.
IM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH
Old 23-March-2010, 12:05
Appuleius

Default Re: Cant get Tiscali off me back and its hurting!! What a fine bunch of .......they a

Err mmm 2010 of course
Old 23-March-2010, 17:40

Default Re: Cant get Tiscali off me back and its hurting!! What a fine bunch of .......they a

follow this thread - it's like playing the lottery phoning tiscali and trying to get hold of someone who can help, if you fill out the ispa form they will contact you - and it won't usually be a phone jockey but someone who can help (sometimes!)
Old 24-March-2010, 04:37
Screamager

If you still get no satisfaction, then try the tt route as they are your isp, tiscali is no more anyway, tell tt to get their finger out and get the mess sorted out, and warn them if they don't you will be leaving them too(even though you won't really, it may help speed things up) but insist on speaking to someone in management or in the complaints department, as at the end of the day it should not be up to you to send them tiscrapi proof of new isp??? crazy,

Old 01-April-2010, 12:47
Appuleius

In sheer frustration today I have lodged a complaint with ISPA
Had a call today (APRIL 1st !!) from a lady in Lithuania (seriously NOT a joke) who wanted to transfer me to a 0871 number I rejected this suggestion and said, see you in court.
Ill be damned if I am paying these crooks a sodding penny.
Old 01-April-2010, 12:50
Appuleius

P.S.
If I end up in jug (HMs hotel) please send a cake (Dundee preffered) with a big "*******" file in it OK.
Old 01-April-2010, 12:51
Appuleius

b a s t a r d is a correct name for a crosscut file SO there!!
Old 02-April-2010, 23:14

that's not good, whenever I've lodged a complaint with ISPA it's someone in the UK who calls, sometimes you have to fill in the form more than once,. it's easier than calling them - and sometimes you do get someone who can help
Old 06-April-2010, 14:03
Appuleius

The age of miracles is not over!
A call today from Lithuania, my account is clear and they are refunding me £8-24
So alll is well OR IS IT
I'm not holding my breath.
Old 27-April-2010, 10:04
ivorlewis

I was told when I signed up for TalkTalk (in Carphone Warehouse Meadowhall Sheffield on 12/2/1910) that EVERYTHING would be done for me to changover from Tiscali, including cancelling my account with Tiscali,and MAC code etc.
WELL the BB and Phone service went live on 27th January, this was fine and exactly as promised, and I am satisfied with BB and Phone package.
BUT Tiscali are pestering me to pay there account up to 31/3/'10
I phoned Tiscali on 28th January to ascertain my account had been cancelled, I was passed from department to department and spoke to mainly ladies with Indian accents, then one lady said please phone 0871 222 3311 our cancellation department, I did
then they confirmed my account was NOT cancelled, and to send proof I was with TT, I photocopied page 3 of the TT Welcome book and posted it recorded delivery (past experience has taught me when dealing with Tiscali NEVER do anything which you cant prove later!) I was told to post it to P.O.Box 14505 Birmingham I did exactly that with all details a/c No etc. Incidentally the phone call messing about with the 0871 number cost me £4-60 despite I am with TT for all time calls!
I received a letter from TalkTalk (NO mention of Tiscali on the letter at all just my Tiscali Cust Code) saying We have notified BT to remove our BB service from your landline on 31st March !!
Getting jumpy I phoned TT to make sure I would not loose all services from them on 31st March, they assured me I would not, and said these letters were sent out from a Mr Nigel Pearson by error!
Today 22nd March another Indian lady phoned me demanding I pay them up to 31st March, I politely refused, saying they had NO chance whatsever, and put me in court if you want to! she would not let me speak to a superviser, but told me post evidence to 11 Evesham Street London W114AR giving evidence of being with TT fro 27th January, I told her I had done this before on THEIR request with the address they had supplied me with, she said Birmingham was not the correct place!
I wont go on any more (I could)
YES I KNOW THIS IS PERHAPS NOT THE CORRECT PLACE TO COMPLAIN BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME I UNDERSTAND TT OWN TISCALI.
IM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH
Originally Posted by Appuleius View Post
The following may be of use to you: -On 30 June 2009 “TISCALI” sold its U.K subsidiary to the “Carphone Warehouse” following regulatory approval from the European Union: The service was re- branded as TalkTalk on 7th January 2010.

As you were with B.T perhaps it would be helpful if you contact their Legal Department, pointing out that TalkTalk are poaching customers away from them, with miss-leading advertisments, such as been cheaper than B.T. etc; and had you known differently you would have stayed with B.T This may prompt B.T to escalate the matter to the OFT.

I have only been with TalkTalk Telecom Ltd; now for two months, switching my Broad Band from Tiscali, and my bill stands at £107 AT THE MOMENT and not the £18:48 package I signed up for. I have had threats of been cut off if I do not pay for services that I know I have paid for previously.

Don't bother to phone them, it is expensive and a complete waste of time, just write first or second class postage, and KEEP A COPY OF YOUR LETTER for future reference.

Head of B.T Legal & Litigation is Mr Miles Jobling. my letter was sent to B.T Durham and was past on, as I have had a response from them, Thanking me for the Feed-Back. The more negative feed back B.T get from TalKTalk & Tiscali disgruntled customers, the more it strengthens the cause.

I have had a guts full of this TalkTalk outfit, but I am tied into an 18 month contract, problems only became apparent after the 30 day free trial was over.
and their "Help-Lines" are as about as useful as a Chocolate Teapot.

Good luck

Orangecat
Old 27-April-2010, 12:24

I haven't had recent exposure to talktalk helplines but very often a quick way to get someone who will call you is to raise a complaint at ISPA, more details in http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t28068.html
Old 28-April-2010, 04:51
Screamager

From what i have read it seems that they tend to offer support via the tt forum?
If they could/would help you is a different matter

I had a bad time with that shower when it was tiscali, Never again if my only choice was the likes of talk talk a trading name of tiscali as it says on there web page,or no isp i would take no the no isp choice every time, no bb maybe, but no crap service or getting incorrectly billed too,thats the problem with budget isp's,
And another thing i would never go fully LLU'd phone & bb,

Tags
bad, bt, cancellation, free, isp, make, offer, phone, speed, talk, talk talk, talktalk, tiscali, web