Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 22-April-2005, 15:40
gigglesSam

Question Is it possible to cancel smoothly with tiscali?

Hi,

As i have read in this forum tiscali does not seem to have any happy customers. So not surprisingly I am another unhappy customer to add to their list. From reading this forum I can see there's no point in me calling them for an MAC code!!!

I want to cancel my accoutn with tiscali because I have had enough. I should not be under any contract with them so I'm hoping that I can cancel smoothly.

BUt has anyone tried to do this? I cannot afford to be down without internet at the moment. How long does it take for me to GET RID of this ISP and be able to sign on to a new one??

all opinions very much valued!

kind Regards
Sam
Old 22-April-2005, 16:27
DirkGently

Default Re: Is it possible to cancel smoothly with tiscali?

Hi,

As i have read in this forum tiscali does not seem to have any happy customers. So not surprisingly I am another unhappy customer to add to their list. From reading this forum I can see there's no point in me calling them for an MAC code!!!

I want to cancel my accoutn with tiscali because I have had enough. I should not be under any contract with them so I'm hoping that I can cancel smoothly.

BUt has anyone tried to do this? I cannot afford to be down without internet at the moment. How long does it take for me to GET RID of this ISP and be able to sign on to a new one??

all opinions very much valued!

kind Regards
Sam
Originally Posted by gigglesSam
They cancelled my account on March 30th, 23 days later they still haven't cleared my line, when they finally do clear my line (if ever) it will probably take another 2-3 weeks to get a new provider up and running, so I'm currently looking at 6 weeks upwards of downtime.
And having broadband since Feb 2001, I had seriously forgotten how awful dial-up was.
Old 22-April-2005, 17:44
DirkGently

Just spoke to BT and they tell me that no clearance request has been issued for my line, and that it is 14 days maximum to clear the line from request date and that they have no backlog at all in my area.

So phoned Toscali yet again, who informed me that BT are liars and that they do not have that information to give me, that they will re-issue the cease order and I'll have to wait another 18 days to see if my line actually gets released.

I'm thinking of taking up a new hobby, I don't know something like firebombing, arson or general mutilation and torture of Toscali staff.

I am at my wits end and I am seriously struggling to try and stay calm on the phone with these jokers.

To all you people who say you are happy at Toscali, very good luck.
I was too, my service was always adequate, but when they decreased the price to £19.99 they continued to charge me £26.99 and upon querying this was told I would get a free upgrade to 1meg, never happened, upon speaking to them again I was told because of my account (originally WorldOnline) I couldn't be upgraded and would have to cancel and rejoin, so I've cancelled and now I just can't wait for the day I'm finally released.
UKOnline 8meg, here I come, for only £3 more a month than I was paying at Toscali for 512K
Old 29-April-2005, 10:18
silvertractor

I think that I must have been very lucky, because I escaped from Tiscali and joined f2s in just under 14 days (from disconnection to reconnection).

The ISPA helped to get me my cease order reference, and then BT were very co-operative when I phoned them.

True to form, Tiscali did attempt to leave a marker on my line, but again the ISPA stepped in and helped to get it cleared for me.

I must also have lucky with the ISPA, because I've read on various forums that other Tiscali victims have not been able to get much help from them.

So it seems to me that it's all a matter of luck.
Old 29-April-2005, 19:31
pace508

i am awaiting my line to be cleared, how do i get in touch with ISPA please
Old 30-April-2005, 00:11
DirkGently

i am awaiting my line to be cleared, how do i get in touch with ISPA please
Originally Posted by pace508
Don't know about the ISPA but, firstly, have you checked with BT whether a cease order has been issued for your line, if it has then they should be able to give you a date that your line will be clear and your out of Toscali's hands anyway.
Personally after 6 calls to the cancellation line, who did nothing but lie to me, I finally got my cease order put through by sending an e-mail to
moderatorcontact@tiscali.co.uk
although I was on their own forum at the time threatening to contact OFCOM, OTELO and Watchdog.
I hear that they were featured on Working Lunch the other day too, claiming that some poor guys 2 month wait to be disconnected was a one off and that they were very sorry, just proving that they are liars from start to finish, a 2 month wait seems to be the norm with these jokers.
The thing that I don't understand is that BT Wholesale told me that they can't remove the marker from my line wothout Toscali's say so, well excuse me, but who is paying the rental on this line me or Toscali.
Anyway rant over Good Luck getting clear of these jokers, just got my clearance date of May 9th (account cancelled March 30th).
UKOnline 8meg here I come!!!
Old 30-April-2005, 08:35
Screamager

Hi pace508.

At the top of the Tiscali forum here, there is a sticky note, with most of the relevant contact addresses, Ispa, Ofcom, etc.

Hee is the link to it.

Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain
Old 01-May-2005, 17:09
gary97

i cancelled in january finally had my line released week last friday.
what i think really helped me was emailing ofcom. i told them of the problems and the lies tiscali kept giving me.
fair play after ofcom got in touch with them on my behalf there was a manual release order on my line from head office, 6 days later (thats how long it should take) my line was released.
Old 08-July-2010, 15:58
Someone special

Red face Re: Is it possible to cancel smoothly with tiscali?

... Its an ofcom regulation that the new provider can remove tags from the line.

Tags
broadband, bt, cancellation, email, free, happy, internet, isp, line, mail, marker, ofcom, tags, tiscali, tiscali broadband