Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 02-February-2009, 12:33

Default Re: Tiscali customer Services

Yes, I have joined the unhappy throng of becoming involved with Tiscali customer services. I have 1 Mb Broadband but have been operating at around 100 kbps for the last few days. After going through the tortuous fault logging procedure and passing on the results of numerous line speed tests I have heard absolutely diddly.

However, perhaps this is better than my last experience with TCS a few weeks ago. I kept getting repeated line drop outs and reported the error by phone. The (female) CS rep on the other end was by far the rudest person I have ever dealt with on a service desk. Her final advice was to tell me that I needed to speak to the manafacturer of the router, even though the issue was clearly that the line was dropping out. Becasue I could connect to the router from my PC she insisted that this proved that my line was OK. I tend to regard myself as pretty laid back but finally I became furious at her lack of knowledge and her refusal to accept that she was talking bo**ocks!

I made a rare foray onto my Tiscali mail the other day and by good fortune there was an email from Tiscali asking for feedback on Tiscali. Needless to say I let my views be known.

I suppose this is the reward to chhosing acheap ISP?
Old 18-May-2009, 18:07
rusty nail

I can't complain realy as apart from losing all service for a weekend (a BT fault ) I think they do OK even better they have not sent me a bill for six months and my online bill is from December, and after 4 phone calls and 2 emails being told I don't owe anything I'm happy. I call my doughter in the USA every day no charge !!! luvly tiscali I'm moving house soon so they better be quick
Old 18-May-2009, 22:01

I can't complain realy as apart from losing all service for a weekend (a BT fault ) I think they do OK even better they have not sent me a bill for six months and my online bill is from December, and after 4 phone calls and 2 emails being told I don't owe anything I'm happy. I call my doughter in the USA every day no charge !!! luvly tiscali I'm moving house soon so they better be quick
Originally Posted by rusty nail View Post
tiscali has in the past been very poor at timely billing, even if they say today you don't owe them it's possible they will suddenly find you do owe them money,.

ofcom codes say that telecom billing 'must be timely' - if it is not timely then you may not need to pay the back bills - but still be aware they could try to make you pay and you may be liable
Old 19-May-2009, 09:00
biker

ofcom codes say that telecom billing 'must be timely' - if it is not timely then you may not need to pay the back bills - but still be aware they could try to make you pay and you may be liable
Originally Posted by silver View Post
In general, Telecom companies won't bill back any further than 3 months as this then falls outside the 'must be timely' bit.
Old 10-October-2009, 19:31
supermum35009

Angry Re: Tiscali customer Services

I was beginning to think that I was the only person who was having trouble with tiscali. It has been a relief to read how others have suffered. (for all the right reasons of course)

I have not received an email since I began to use tiscali and I have complained 4 times now and on two of those occasions the rather rude foreign young man has hung up on me.

As there appears to be nothing that can be done to receive a satisfactory service from this internet 'supplier' I will have to abandon it and seek another company.

Let us all hope that our next supplier is just that, a supplier, for I fear that tiscali is anything but!
Old 17-January-2010, 00:54

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/show...3&postcount=20
Old 12-August-2010, 20:42
kacey

Asolutely appalling service,,people have said it all on here.nearly 2 hours on the phone trying to get some sence out of them for over chargeing me..wot a bloody mess they are..as said..very unhelpfull,cant hear them,cant understand them.one word answers.and just pass the bloody buck.transfer you and dont give a damn.we have decided to get rid of them and go to a REAL BUISNESS,,i couldnt have been more angry at the utter waste of my evening and money on these waste of time calls/they just keep you on the phone why the money is racking up.i am 40 yrs old.never ever known such bad customer service....FROM ME TO YOU...YOU SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-February-2011, 18:48

katmoss posted an issue with emails currently, email out blocked in mail ok

(removed post as it showed email address as guest username)

Tags
bad, bbc, broadband, bt, cancellation, company, computer, email, fraud, free, happy, home, internet, isp, key, line, mail, make, no bt, ofcom, online, phone, router, share, speed, speeds, talk, tiscali, tiscali broadband, web, wireless