Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 11-September-2001, 17:54
vizzair

Default GOOD NEWS 4 our customers

Anyone looked at the Tiscali products list lately

It looks like Tiscali50 and tiscali100 have gone, and now, for only and increase of 4 U can have unlimited off peak or unlimited peak.

Thats a fat lot of good for me, I only use about 20hrs a week, 'cause connecting to games servers is atrocious via tiswol.

Anyone know if use existing customers are all going to get the 'good news' letter ?

Come on.if they force the change, lets us t50 and t100 users let Tiswol know we are not happy..

Vizzair

Old 11-September-2001, 18:56

I suspect this has a lot to do with the fact that the UK arm (or some other appendage!) of Tiscali is run and staffed by Lineone employees. And whaddya know, they`re keeping the L1 off-peak package and ditching the WOL ones.

Old 11-September-2001, 20:49

vizzair
Tiscali 50/100 have not actually gone, you can still sign up for them but if you look at http://www.tiscali.co.uk/members/mya...q.html#pricing Tiscali offer an explaination:

"Q. Why can't I find any information about Tiscali 50 and Tiscali 100?
A. Customer feedback we have received suggests that people prefer to have set times of day when they can have completely unmetered internet access. As a result Tiscali 50 and Tiscali 100 have been replaced by Tiscali Daytime and Tiscali OffPeak. This means that whatever time of day you usually connect to the internet - we have an unmetered package to suit you.

Q. Why have you stopped sign-ups for Tiscali 100?
A. Customer feedback has shown us that people prefer to have their unmetered internet access at certain times of day. For this reason we have launched two new products Tiscali OffPeak and Tiscali DayTime in place of Tiscali 100. The new products allow you to chose which product best suits you and your times for going online.

Q. Does this mean I am going to have to move from Tiscali 50 /100?
A. Currently there are no plans to move users. However, should this situation change we will inform you via email and with plenty of time to allow you to make the right choice of package."

Last edited by gem; 11-September-2001 at 20:55.
Old 11-September-2001, 22:04
vizzair

Just like freedom lite then...

"You don't have to do anything -- for a least 2 weeks -- then we will force to move to a tarif you don't really want, but what the H**l -- we don't really need your custom anyway...

/rant mode off/

Viz
Old 12-September-2001, 06:55

Because of the shift I work I don't have a preferred time of the day for accessing the internet. If Tisicali 50/100 goes then so shall I.
Old 12-September-2001, 10:22
vizzair

Default Also

Also on their new service list it states that they have 24 hr online support

How do you get there
Old 12-September-2001, 10:31

vizzair

Have a look at http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...&threadid=2396
Old 27-September-2001, 20:15
Peter

Thumbs down Good News ?

As far as I'm concerned they will use any excuse to increase the prices, they bring out 50 & 100 to get customers used to both peak and off-peak usage, then want to discontinue them to force people to pay yet more. What cost 2-99 as FreedomLite has increased to a surftime 9-99 package, OK, no time limit, but useless for lower use customers. Also if you do connect in peak times it's gone up from 1p minute to 4p minute.
What really surprises me is that they have'nt actually stopped the 50 deal yet for existing customers, but give them time and I'm sure they will.
Anyway I've replaced both of my 50 deals with a Nutshell anytime account where I can dial up from either number (not both together though, 0800 access as a portable mobile computer).
Peter.

Tags
computer, deals, email, happy, internet, line, make, mobile, offer, online, tiscali