Old 09-September-2008, 15:32
Default Wireless broadband

I wonder if anyone can help me please? I have my mums desktop connected to an orange livebox and I have my wireless laptop running off of it. Is there anyway that I don't have to have the desktop pc wired to the livebox and have another wireless laptop instead or does the livebox need to be connect to a pc?
Old 11-September-2008, 00:31
Default Re: Wireless broadband

The livebox is a router; Basically a small computer that functions as a network device. You do not need anything connected, the router will maintain the internet connection and share it with any (or none) connected PCs.

Not sure if you are also asking if the desktop need to be wired. You can get a wireless card or wireless usb adapter for the desktop so it can connect wireless and move it away from the router.
Old 11-September-2008, 16:04
Default Re: Wireless broadband

Thank you, yes that is what I mean. We are planning on maybe getting rid of the desktop now the guarantee is up and getting another laptop as the desktop doesn't get mush use and my mum would prefer a laptop.

broadband, computer, connection, internet, laptop, network, orange, router, share, wireless